Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Girl With the Raven Hair ❯ Cooking ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




"Get up you silly head," Nanaki said to the boy lying in front of her, "what are you doing on the floor



A/N: YAY!!!!!!!!! I actually got this out when I said I would! Hurray for me! I know they don't exactly cook in this chapter because they don't use an oven but it was the closest word I could think of for what they do. So, on to the story.

*********************************************************** *********************************

Chapter 6: Cooking
"Get up you silly head," Nanaki said to the boy lying in front of her, "what are you doing on the floor? You interrupted us. I was just about to suggest to Hitomi that we make our own ice-cream."
"What's ice-cream?" asked Alonda getting up, pushing Vallen off of her and to the side in the process.
"Only about the greatest dessert ever made." Replied Nanaki
"Oh," said Alonda "then how come I've never heard of it?"
"Probably because it isn't made here on Gaea," responded Hitomi "it's made on the Mystic Moon."
"OK Can I help make it?"
"Sure thing!" this was Nanaki again, she then turned to Hitomi "Where's the kitchen, Hitomi? I'd like to have the ice-cream ready for after diner. That is unless you've already had diner."
"No, infact we haven't. It should be ready in an hour or two."
"That's great! I'm absolutely starving! And it will give us enough time to make the ice-cream!"
"YAY!!! ICECREAM!!!" Alonda was being extremely excited seeing as she didn't even know what ice-cream was, other than it was a desert. I guess that was enough for her.
"Come with me and I'll show you to the kitchen."
"Wait for me Hitomi!" said Merle "You're going to need someone for damage control."
"Yeah," she replied "You're probably going to control which things we damage."
"Exactly."
As they were leaving they ran into a male cat person with black hair and dark brown fur.
"Daddy!" screeched Alonda giving him a quick hug "We're going to make ice-cream!"
"Okay, pumpkin." He said giving her a confused look.
Merle, seeing this gave him a quick peck on the mouth and said "Don't worry, Hon, I'm going as damage control," he smiled at this, "and if you have any questions ask those two, over there. I think they got the gist of what we're going to do." With that she ran to catch up with the others.
During this conversation Vallen had made his way to where Van was standing. They were both looking utterly confused. Dan (the cat-person) turned his own confused head towards them questionably.
They shook their heads and shrugged.
~*~*~
Meanwhile, Nanaki, Alonda, Hitomi, and Merle were walking down the hall.
"We're going to the small kitchen because the big one will certainly be crowded with cooks trying to get diner ready." Hitomi explained, "There isn't much difference, really, it's only slightly smaller. The only problem is that most of the food and stuff is in the big kitchen."
"That's okay, Hitomi" said Nanaki "I'll just tell you the things that we need and we can send someone to get them. I'd better not 'cause none of the cooks know me."
"I'll go!" this, of course, was Alonda
"No you won't honey, I will."
"Aww, mom," she wined "Why can't I?"
"Because you'll probably eat all of the ingredients."
"Actually," said Nanaki "she probably wouldn't. The ingredients don't really taste that good on their own."
"Well, here we are" said Hitomi "Now, what are the ingredients?"
"Hmmm, let's see. If I remember correctly we need cream, sugar…" Nanaki went on listing all of the ingredients and tools they'd need to make ice-cream.
~*~*~
An hour later the kitchen was all a big mess. There were ingredients on the walls, the floor, and the tables; there was even ice-cream globbing down from the ceiling to the floor. More than half of the ice-cream they made wasn't even in the bowl.
"Well, that was fun!" said Hitomi "But what are we going to do with this mess?"
"Allow me." Said Nanaki as she quickly cleaned up using her powers.
"Wow!" said Alonda "How did you do that?"
"Magic" Nanaki stated simply.
Hitomi turned serious "We had better go get ready for diner. I'll take this over to the cooks on our way to our rooms. I'll tell them to serve it for desert."
"Tell them to serve it with fruit. It's good with fruit. And I don't have a room." Said Nanaki.
"Oh yeah, That's right," said Hitomi "I'll show you to a guest room. I'll also lend you one of my dresses. What you have on isn't really suitable for a girl to be wearing on Gaea and the advisors would think you very strange."
"Okay." With that they all left to get cleaned up.
~*~*~
Nanaki's room was huge. She thought it was just a bit bigger than her room at home. Her mother was rich. The room had a big closet and a desk with a mirror in front of it to the right of the room. There was a small bathroom to the left and at the back was a huge window that led to a small balcony. The bed was just beside that to the left. It was a big four poster bed and it made Nanaki want to fall into the mattress though the thought of food made her keep herself from doing just that.
"Go and take a bath to get some of that ice-cream out of your hair and I'll go and get that dress I promised you" said Hitomi once she had shown Nanaki to her room.
"Okay" said Nanaki gratefully and headed towards the bathroom. She really needed a bath, for she smelt like week-old sweat, and it proved just the thing to help her unwind. When she got out she noticed a dress on the bed and also shoes beside it. She had been so busy relaxing that she hadn't even heard Hitomi come in.
She put on the dress and shoes. The dress was pale green and it contrasted with her hair, which, actualy, made it look really good on her. It had thick straps that went around the outside of her shoulders rather than over them, it went all the way to the ground and luckily it wasn't pouffy. She hated pouffy dresses. There was a silk scarf that she draped over her elbows so it ran loosely behind her back. She sat down at the desk and was wondering how she should do her hair when three maids came in.
"We're here to do your hair and makeup" one of them said. So Nanaki sat back and let them do their job.
When they were done she had on some light blush, some pale green eyeshadow, and a touch of lipstick on. Her hair was piled on top of her head with a pale green flower stuck into it. This arrangement showed off her slender neck. She looked in the drawers of the desk and found some emerald earrings. She put those in and they dangled down. For the final touch she searched through the clothes that were laying heaped on the floor for her pendant. She never went anywhere without it. Finally she found it and fastened it to her neck. The teardrop pendant glistened in the light.

*********************************************************** *********************************

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter's so short. I had to stop there if I wanted to get this up on time. And I did, for once, get it up when I said I would. The diner is going to be in the next chapter. Please review! I love reviews!
P.S. Rudee, how come you "remember ff7" when you say Nanaki? Is there someone named Nanaki in it? And here I was thinking I made the name up.