Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The straight, the gay and the bi ❯ Scene two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Scene Two

Chesta rides calmly through the pastures, leading the lambs and whistling a light tune. Guimel and Dalet ride up and block Chesta's path.

"Hey guys." Chesta says, smiling.

"Hello Clairice." says Dalet, in the style of Hannibal.

"Pardon?"

"Nothing...." Guimel shoots a glare at Dalet, and he looks down to the grass.

"I'm herding sheep, guys. I have to go." Chesta says and tries to pass.

"Where do you think you're going?" Says Dalet and he and Guimel move in front of him menacingly, blocking him once again.

"I just told you... I'm herding sheep..." Chesta gives them an "Oookay," look.

"Miguel is going to herd sheep for you, today."

"Really?! That's great! Now I can finish your birthday present!" Chesta says happily.

"You aren't going anywhere." says Guimel.

"Ah man! Guys I've told you, I prefer the company of women."

"Oh yeah! Well what about last Saturday night, eh, Chesta?" replies Guimel.

"That was rape and you know it!"

"What are you gonna do, tell Master Dilandau?" says Dalet, and the two snicker.

"No. But I've told someone else! So there!" The others laugh, and grab Chesta's arms. "And if you d... do it again, she'll kick your asses!"

"SHE!? AH HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!" Dalet laughs manically!

"Yeah right!" and they start to drag poor Chesta away.

"Not so fast!" comes a young woman's voice.

All three look up to see a knockout blond on a horse in spiffy western duds, a gleaming star badge pinned to her shirt. She smiles at Chesta, and winks.

"The name's Julie. And you two aren't going anywhere with him!"

"Hey aren't you that girl from the Fugitive Four?" asks a new voice. It was Folken.

"Folken-Sama!" All three boys say at once.

"Yes." Julie says through gritted teeth.

"Thanks again!" He says, and continues walking through the field with his sheep on a leash, bouncing merrily beside him.

"As I was saying!" says Julie, turning back to the three boys, but they were gone!

"Oh no you don't!" she said under her breath, as the camera closes in on her determined glare.

"Julie! Help me! I'm ovemphmmmphh!" Just then, the deputies ride up.

"Listen, girls. Chesta's sheep are scattered. I want you to round `em up. No sheep are getting lost on my watch." The girls nod and head off towards the sheep. "As for me," Julie says, looking dramatically in the direction the boys carried Chesta off in, "I'm gonna catch me some law-breakers! Yah!" Julie sets off through the meadow lightning speed. She rides up to a wealthy ranch owned by Dilandau, the head shepherd.

Dilandau, also dressed in spiffy western duds, in red, walks up to the great gates to greet her. "Good afternoon, mam." He tips his hat.

"Howdy, Dilandau." She says as she dismounts. "Mighty-fine ranch you got here."

"Yup."

"Look, I'm gonna be frank,"

"Frank? I thought you were sheriff Julie?"

Julie ignores him and continues. "Somethin' bad's been goin' down to one of yer shepherds."

"Ack! Are the sheep okay?!"

"Of course they are."

"Is my shepherd boy okay, then?"

"Well, that's what I'm here to find out."

"Good! I just couldn't live without any one of my sweet little shepherd boys."

Julie's face goes into detective mode. "Innocent, sweet, PERFECT VICTIMS!! YOU'RE IN ON IT TOO! AREN'T YOU?!?" She starts to slap his face repeatedly- one slap per following word... "YOU'LL-NEVER-DO-THAT-AGAIN!"

"Please! Ouch! I don't know what's going on!!! Ouch!" cried Dilandau.

"Oh! Of course you, uh, didn't..." Julie and Dilandau stand up and compose

themselves, glancing at each other awkwardly. "I reckon they'll be in there." She whispers and she walks up to the stables. She presses her ear to the door but can't hear anything over the intense western-action music. She backs up and takes a running slam at the door with her shoulder. It opens easily and she goes right through and falls to the floor. Dilandau says from behind her, "it was open."

"Thanks!" Julie mutters, getting up and brushing herself off. She searches the room. There is no other exit. Dalet, Guimel, and Chesta give away their clever hiding spot by laughing uncontrollably at Julie's stupidity. And Dalet steps out of the shadows.

"Not so fast, girl." He says. "Chesta belongs to us!"

"I don't think so. He doesn't `belong' to anyone. Chesta is a person, Dalet. And you won't get away with hurting him again." Julie tells him.

"We were hurting him? Is that what he told you?" Dalet asks, becoming concerned.

"Yes!" Julie replies.

"Why didn't you tell us, Chesta?" Dalet frowns at Chesta, who had been released from Guimel's grip.

"Yeah, we totally thought you were playing hard to get." Guimel explains.

"No. I was afraid for an entire week. Always scared you would gang rape me again."

"Geez. You didn't tell us. And you didn't tell anyone." Dalet is in awe.

"Well I did tell Julie here!" He moves to her and put his arm around her. Julie giggles and blushes.

"So. You really are straight. We thought you were joking!" Dalet laughs.

"Do you realize that you are the only straight shepherd ever?" Guimel asks him.

"I am? There has to be someone else?" says a shocked Chesta. "Geez. That's why Ma told me not to bother comin' home for Christmas hog."

"That's why we thought you were kidding." replies Guimel.

"Yeah. I think it's like a prerequisite or something." Says Dalet. "How did you make the cut?"

"He acts gay." says Guimel.

"I do not!" argued Chesta. "Anyway, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! It's mandatory to be gay!" He shudders at the thought of Dilandau being gay.

"Does that mean Dilandau is...?" Julie asks, snickering.

"No. He's one of those weirdoes who likes both men and women!" says Dalet.

Everyone turns to see Dilandau standing in the doorway, his head bowed sadly. "I was standing right here...." There is a long pause. "Anyway. Now that everything is taken care of, I believe there's no reason for you to stay, Sheriff Jules."

"I... I guess not."

"Well then, I suggest you take yer horse an' git on back to town. They'll be needin' you."

"Right! I'll have the deputies bring them sheep here."

Back in the pastures...

"Yah!"

"Giddy Up!" says Joanna. "Well that's the lot of them! Let's take these here sheep home!"

Joanna and Amanda herded the sheep to Dilandau's ranch. They take them around back, where the sheep pens were kept. They are greeted by Dilandau and Chesta's smiling faces.

"Thank you kindly, Mam." Says Dilandau tipping his hat to Joanna, and winking.

"Oh? No just reward for the kind lady?" Amanda tips her hat to Dilandau and the shepherds. In the back ground Chesta can be seen cuddling and frolicking with his sheep and saying annoying phrases like `Oh you're so CUTE!' and `Where's my little honey-bunny suckle-face."

"I'll be leavin.' Ya'll look after them sheep." Amanda rolls her eyes and then heads off into the field towards town.

"So..." says Joanna, "how's the old ranching business?"

"Well. To be completely honest with you, this ranch is just a cover up for a major illegal drug operation my boys and I are executing. The big shipment is next Saturday. We take it all to the next town over by wagon train, heavily guarded. Next town has a Port. We then ship the goods on a four-master over to New-Zealand and Thailand, and get filthy rich."

Joanna blinks twice. "There's one flaw with your major illegal drug operation, Dilandau!"

"Oh? And what's that?"

"Those lawmen next town over will check those packages before they are even brought to the decks to be loaded on the ship. You'll never get away with it. Unless...."

"Unless?"

"Yes. Unless you can bypass the search, say with a sheriff... or a deputy, on your side." Joanna finishes, offering several sly winks as Dilandau blinks stupidly at her.

"What sheriff would be stupid enough to... OH! I've got it!" Joanna sighs with relief as Dilandau smiles knowingly. "Julie is kind of stupid." Joanna slaps her forehead in frustration and anxiety.

"Uh, Master Dilandau," whispers Gatti, "I thinks she means... herself."

A silence falls over everyone as an over-exaggerated wind and tumbleweed roll by, gently perused by a singing and frolicking Chesta hold a sheep in his arms. The sheep's eyes are practically bulging out as Chesta squeezes him, saying "I will hug and squeeze you and keep you for my very own. And I will call you Kush… now northern Sudan."

Everyone just stares in bewilderment as Chesta frolics away daintily.

"Well! Your…aid could be rendered as useful. But you'll be wanting … pay?"

"I just want a cut of the drug money so I can retire early." Says Joanna.

"I like the way you think, Joanna! Bwa ha, ha, ha! Mwa ha, ha, ha!"

Gatti and Joanna join in and all three laugh manically at their evil plot to sell drugs to minors overseas.

Back in town, Julie is oblivious to her slob-mess… oh, and the evil plot to sell drugs to minors by wagon train in the next town over, and not to mention a very key figure in the IRS.

Kush is a place that is now Northern Sudan! Lol