Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The straight, the gay and the bi ❯ Scene six ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

We do not own Escaflowne

*****

Scene Six

*****

This scene opens up with the lovely town setting at mid-morning. The appearance of the quaint western town has been completely transformed over night! There are pens where their owners are grooming the sheep. The main street between the shops and stores has been closed off and rearranged into a raceway.

Over in one section of a pen, Van demonstrates to Folken how to take care of his sheep, Yuki. Folken seems cheery enough to Sheriff Julie as she walks through the streets over to the two brothers.

"Sheriff," cries Folken happily. "Van has told me about all you've done for us. As long as you run this here town, my parents'll never come back. If you hadn't gotten rid of them as you did, who knows WHAT would have happened to me! I mean if Van wasn't there to talk me away form the cliff edge…"

"FOLKEN!" Van interjects and nudges him. Folken just smiles and starts to groom the sheep. Van moves to Julie and away from his brother. "So! Thanks again for…" Van snaps his fingers and points at her, "everything… I mean it was a close call this time. I didn't know about that adoption thing."

Julie giggles and blushes, "Aw, it was really nothing."

"So… I suppose I'll see you at the festival tonight?" Van asks her, flipping his hair sexily.

"Of course!"

"Great! I have a race to win! Wish me luck!" he rushes his sentence out and hops back into the sheep pen.

At that moment, Dilandau and his `gang' enter the town and walk with their sheep to Main Street.

Soon, everyone- sheep and their owners-takes their place and gets ready for the gun to go off and the race to start.

The announcer's voice rings out over the crowd. "Alright, Apoletta! I'm Jim McGraw,"

"And I'm Molly Carton from everyone's fave radio show, Seaside Tumbleweeds!" Crowd goes wild. "Fasten your saddle bags, cuz it's gonna be a wild ride. Let us introduce you to today's ADORABLE fluffy little contestants! First is Van and Folken's sheep, Yuki." Crowd cheers as Van and Folken smile and wave.

Jim joins in enthusiastically, "Number two, from Chesta, his sheep, Kush!" Crowd does the wave.

"And number three, dyed fiery red is Spitfire, Dilandau's sheep!" Crowd goes wild. "Love the touch, Dil!" Molly exclaims.

"Number four is Dalet's Burnin' Love." says Jim

"Number five - Miguel's Salsa." says Molly

"Number six, we have Deputy Joanna's, Crazy Talk!" says Jim.

Deputy Amanda and Sheriff Jules cheer, "go Joanna, go Joanna! Woooo!'

"Number seven- Guimel's Grindley and number eight- Gatti's Memphis!" cries Molly. It is clear now that Molly and Jim are trying to out-talk each other.

"Allen has his sheep... Lusty?... at number nine. Oookay. The A-Crew is at number 10 with... Mr. Queen. Where do you guys get this stuff?"

"And finally, Dryden's sheep Milerna, will you marry me? Awwww. That's so sweet." Crowd goes especially wild, and Milerna sighs.

"A' course I'll marry you, sugar! On yer marks!" Squeals Saloon-girl Milerna. "Get Set!" She winks and blows a kiss to Dryden and pulls the trigger. The sound rips through sky and the sheep take off wildly.

"And they're off! Milerna, will you marry me? is in the lead closely followed by Crazy Talk and Burnin' Love. And Spitfire just stole the lead. Now Kush is coming up behind, and Yuki is pulling the rear. Here comes Salsa, and now it's Salsa in the lead, Crazy Talk second and Memphis coming up the rear with Lusty in third. And the sheep are near the finish line. Just look and them sheep go! And Yuki is closing in on Salsa, she overtakes Crazy Talk and Yuki is over the finish line first! Woo hoo! Yuki is in first place! Van and Folken win the five thousand dollars for the prosperity of their sheep ranch! Joanna's sheep Crazy Talk wins her one thousand dollars for law enforcement and in third, winning a month's supply of Mr. Clean, is Mr. Queen and the crew of the Lusty Knights Saloon!"

"Hey! That's Mr. QUEEN!"

"Whatever, I quit!" cries Jim.

"Please go to the town square for Apoletta festivities, including Karaoke, bobbing for apples, and much, much more!" Giggles Molly.

"Shut up, Molly!"

The crowd, after heavily congratulating Van and Folken make their way to the Karaoke stage. Dilandau, menacingly flocked by his Sheep Herders, (a.k.a. Dragon Slayers) approach Van.

"Hey Van..." Everyone takes a deep breath and waits for Dilandau to yell obscenely at Van and tell him he will kill him and such. But all Dilandau says is, "good job today, Van! You deserve it!"

"What? You aren't going to get angry because you lost?"

"What?" Dilandau chuckles, "goodness no! What kind of human being would I be if I did that?"

"AHHH! I SAW THIS IN THE FACULTY! DILANDAU'S AN ALIEN! GET HIM!!" Cries Sheriff Jules out of nowhere! She tackles Dilandau.

"What? No! I... I didn't! I'm not!"

"THIS IS FOR YOU, ELIJAH WOOD!"

"STOP! I have to get to the Karaoke stage!" wines Dilandau.

"Oh... okay!" Julie gets up. "Well then! Let's all play Skip Bo!"

"What? No! Sheriff, we have to get to the Karaoke Stage!" says Van.

"No, no! I do have Skip Bo here." Says Julie nodding politely.

"What?! NO!! We have to go NOW." Emphasizes Dilandau.

"No! See? It's right here." She pulls Skip Bo the card game out of her pocket. The others just walk away, shaking their heads in awe and disbelief.

* * *

At the Karaoke stage, Molly Carton is standing up they're wearing hardly anything. "Hey y'all! Welcome to yer annual Karaoke Contest! Wooo hoo! First up is Dilandau Albatou! Come on up, angle pie!"

Dil gets up on stage and gets ready. The Sheep Herders are his back up singers, chanting "Dilandau Rules" over and over before the music starts. The Dilly Fan Club squeals with excitement.

The music starts. Dilandau sings three octaves too high for a fully mature male, in his song, "Like I Love You" By Justin Timberlake. "I jus' wanna love ya baby. Yea, yea, yeah! I jus' wanna love ya ba- Oof!"

Someone in the crowd, screaming "You Suck Dilandau," throws a full water bottle right into Dilandau's face, pinning him in the forehead.



Mellow Yellow Asks...

How would you stay smooth?



A

Dilandau starts to bawl big, wet tears and cries

"Music is supposed to heal!"

X (ENRR)

B

Dilandau picks up the water bottle with fury and

viciously whips it back into the crowd.

X(ENRR)

C

Dilandau picks up the bottle of water and says,

"Thanks! It was getting hot in herre!" and he pours

it all over his body! Dilly Fan Girls go

crazy!

DING! DING! DING!

"You're cool, Dilandau. But why'd you pick Justin?" says the guy that threw the water bottle.

"It was either that or "The Power of Love," by Celine Dion! Can you guys just see me singing `cuz I'm your lady, and you are my man?' Heh heh! That'd be sumthin'!" Everyone looks around awkwardly. Dilandau frowns and becomes irritated. "I don't hear a lot of "NO'S" back there!"

"Uhh, No Sir, No! That's Crazy Talk!" squeaks Miguel. The rest join him in mindless chanting, "Dilandau rules! Dilandau rules!..." and carry him around on their shoulders.

"Okay, okay, STOP!!" Shouts Deputy Joanna, coming out onto the stage with mic in hand. "Where is my sister?" All of the Sheep Herders drop Dilandau.

"Well," Dilandau starts. "Last time I saw her, she was looking' fer someone to play skip bo with…"

Joanna rolls her eyes and mutters, "Julie, Julie, Julie."

Just then, Sheriff Jules walks up to the group announcing, "I'm right here!" She climbs on to the stage and takes the second mic.

"Where were you? You were the first act!" asks Deputy Joanna.

"I was going to sing but there were only two songs and they both sucked!"

"Tell me about it." Says Dilandau.

"Yeah, he got hit in the face with a water bottle" says Joanna.

"Well why do these songs suck so much? Who organized them?" inquires Jules.

"Uh… that would be me." some the voice of none other than Gary. He pokes his head out from behind the stage.

"Gary!!" cries Joanna. "I thought we left you in the desert!"

"Please don't say my name. Anyway it was the best I could do. This is my first karaoke job."

"Gary. You idiot. I got hit right in the face because of your stupid songs.!" Cries Dil.

"Well, I thought you handled yourself pretty well! And please……… don't use my name. If my wife hears………"

"Are you coming on to me Gary?" Cries Dilandau, yet again. "I like that."

"No, no. I'm perfectly straight……… but please keep it down."

"GARY!!!?!?! IS THAT YOU?!?!?!?"

*****

Well, what did ya think about this chapter funny? O well, school ya know. Sorry for the long wait……… please leave a review if ya read this Okies.

Yours truly,

Sweet roses and Elijah! ^ ~