Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Twilight of Escaflowne ❯ Confusion ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: IM SOOO SORRY! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!! Lol I really am sorry. I meant to update this sooner, but I just got soooo busy with my baby (no I don't really have a baby, my horse is my baby and I started riding him so I've been busy training him). Anyway, I went to a branding to brand my baby, then I had another branding to attend, and then the 4th of July was really eventful for me and my family …yea, ive been occupied. Anyway, I was planning on updating before everything got so hectic, but I didn't like the chapter so I erased it and re-wrote the whole thing.
 
So I won't keep you waiting any longer. At long last, here is the 3rd chapter. Enjoy!!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Twilight or Escaflowne and so on…
 
-.:Twilight of Escaflowne:.-
Chapter 3
Confusion
 
When I came too, I felt numb and confused. I had no idea where I was or if I was even alive. I sat up and was nauseous with the sudden movement. My head was spinning and I felt my breakfast churning in my stomach.
 
I finally gathered my senses and looked at my surroundings. I was sitting in a yard looking at a road. When I glanced behind me, I realized I was in the yard in front of Shoji's house. I was trying to sort out the events of the day and how I ended up here. Nothing made sense or seemed to add up. And then I glanced at the forest beside me.
 
Looking at the dense foliage, I felt a chill go down my spine. I remembered being very afraid and running from something. Then I remembered the mountain lion, and then I remembered…flying?
 
Yes, I remembered flying through the forest, in someone's arms; a man's arms. And I remembered he had a very alluring scent. `How long have I been lying here?' I thought. As I sat there and pondered over it, I heard a car coming down the road. Shoji's cruiser pulled into the driveway and I watched as he got out.
 
“Tomi? You're sick honey; what are you doing out here?”
 
“That's a good question,” I muttered.
 
“What was that?”
 
“Nothing,” I said. “I'm just enjoying the sun.”
 
He didn't say anything as he raised one eyebrow at me and looked up at the sky. I followed his gaze to see that it was completely overcast.
 
“I mean, I was enjoying the sun this morning. I guess I must've fallen asleep and not noticed the change in the weather,” I quickly added.
 
“Well come inside, I don't want you to worsen your condition.”
 
“I'm fine, really I am. I ate breakfast this morning and didn't loose any of it, and my fever has gone down.”
 
“Well that's great. Are you up to going to school tomorrow then?”
 
“Sure,” I sighed. I guess I couldn't put it off any longer…
 
“Great. Then I'll call the school and let them know that you will be attending tomorrow.”
 
“Great,” I repeated, trying and failing to be enthusiastic.
 
“So what would you like for dinner?” he asked.
 
“You go ahead. I'm not that hungry. I think I'm just going to go take a shower and go to bed.”
 
“Well…alright,” he said. “Good night.”
 
“Good night.” I dragged my feet up the stairs and into the bathroom. When I was finished freshening up, I went to my room and plopped down on my bed. As I laid there, I wondered how school would go; how the people would react to me, and what kind of people I'd meet. I wondered how I had escaped death, and who my savior was. I tried to remember the face of my guardian angel, but all I remembered was shadows.
 
My eyelids began to droop as I continued to ponder what happened today. Before long, I had fallen into a restless sleep. It was pouring outside, and the sound of the rain hitting the windows disturbed me. I tossed and turned as I fell into a strange dream.
 
Everything was foggy and blurry. I could see that I was in a forest. I looked around and saw two dark figures standing off to the right of me. I couldn't make out their faces. All I could see was that they were both men. One was taller than the other and had a gangly look about him. The other was less brawny but looked equally as strong. They both wore dark clothing.
 
Then I looked to the left of me and saw the mountain lion I saw earlier today. I didn't have the fury in its eyes that it held when I encountered it in the forest. Then I looked in front of me to see the taller man lunging at the mountain lion. `How strange.' I thought. He didn't have any weapons of any sort. How could this defenseless man take on a mountain lion with his bear hands and live?
 
The other man joined in on the attack. I oddly felt sorry for the mountain lion, and I began to walk towards them. As soon as I took my first step, the two men paused, and the mountain lion dashed away.
 
The taller man ran after the mountain lion, and the other man looked in my direction. I suddenly felt a fear like no other. My mind screamed at me to run, but I was rooted to the ground. He started walking towards me, and my surroundings disappeared. He drew closer, and he too began to disappear. He held his hand out to me. I reached for it and noticed that he was fading away. I saw his lips moving as if he was calling out my name, but no sound came out. Then he was gone, and I was falling…
 
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
So what do ya think? Oh, and sorry this chapter was pretty short, but the next one will be really long to make up for it.
 
Once again, I am truly sorry for the long wait. If it makes you feel better, I am already working on the 4th chapter, and I hope to have it finished by Friday or Saturday.
 
Oh, and not to worry, Van will be entering soon enough…and I know you're all dying to know who her “guardian angel” is…well, just continue reading and you're sure to find out.
 
Hehe. Yes, I know I'm evil. But alas, I am the authoress…
 
Until the next time.
 
TEE