Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Twilight of Escaflowne ❯ Tension ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: IM ALIVE!! lol I'm starting on another project right now and was going to completely forget about this one until I got a review which motivated me to keep going. Well, if you read the author's note in the last chapter, I mentioned that I will not be able to update as often, so don't be alarmed at the lateness of this one. You can all thank Spirit Dancer for motivating me to continue with this story.
 
I thank all the people who reviewed my last chapter. You guys are what keep me going.
 
One more thing before I let you go read: I mentioned earlier that I'm starting a new project. It's and entirely original story of my own which I'm going to post on Fictionpress.com when it's complete. It's called Everlast and if your interested, there's more information on my profile. Well, hope to hear from you all soon!!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Escaflowne or Twilight…blah blah blah…
 
-.:Twilight of Escaflowne:.-
Chapter 5
Tension
 
It seemed as if all activity stopped. There was no movement, and the bustling about of the other students ceased. I couldn't look away from his burning gaze. I had no control over my body, and he seemed just as immobile. I was in a trance, and I could feel my cheeks reddening as we continued to stare at each other.
 
Then time continued with a rush. The bell chimed, signaling the beginning of class, and I had gained control of my body. With a jolt, I tore my gaze from his and sat in my seat. As soon as I was settled, I glanced over at him.
 
He was very tense. I noticed that he had scooted as far away from me as he could get; sitting on edge of his seat. He was leaning away from me and his face was averted from mine as if he smelled a horrendous stench coming from my direction.
 
I shook my hair forward over my face to hide my eyes from his. I tried to look indifferent as I sniffed my hair. It smelled like the kiwi melon shampoo I used this morning. `Maybe he doesn't like kiwis,' I thought.
 
As the class drawled on, I snuck another look at him. Big mistake; when I looked up from under my bangs, his outrageously handsome face was turned towards mine, and I met the full force of his glare. He looked livid. His eyes were piercing through mine; I found that I couldn't look away. `Was it me, or were his eyes turning a darker, deeper shade of red.'
 
I felt a chill pass through me, and I felt genuinely afraid for once in my life. His strong jaw was clenched, and I could see the veins in his neck. `What is his problem?'
 
The bell rang, and he tore his gaze from mine. He was up and out the door before any of the other students were out of their seats. I gathered my belongings and rose from my seat.
 
“Hey, what did you do to Fanel?” Allen asked. “I've never seen him act that way before.”
 
“I don't know, I didn't even introduce myself,” I said. “I'll see you later. I'm going to sit with Yukari and her friends at lunch.”
 
“Hey, what classes do you have after lunch?” he asked.
 
“Japanese and then gym.”
 
“Alright, I'll see you in gym then. Later,” he called as he headed down the hall.
 
I went to Yukari's locker so that we could go to lunch together. Along the way, I pondered what happened during 4th period.
 
What had I done to provoke him so? I know that I'm not the prettiest girl in the world, but I'm not exactly ugly either. Did my breath smell? I had taken a shower and brushed my teeth before school; I shouldn't wreak…
 
“Tomi! Over here!”
 
I looked over to see Yukari and a bunch of other girls gathered around her locker.
 
“Hey guys…” I said uneasily.
 
“Tomi, this is Marlene Weber and Eries Mallory. Marlene, Eries, this is Hitomi Kanzaki and she's gonna hang with us,” Yukari explained.
 
“Hi,” I smiled uncertainly. I had always been bad at introductions.
 
“Hi,” Marlene and Eries echoed. An uncomfortable silence was beginning to settle around us.
 
“Well, let's go get us some of that sorry cafeteria food,” Yukari tried to ease the tension between us.
 
She began to walk towards the cafeteria, and Marlene and Eries fell into step beside her as I followed behind. I felt excluded, but hey, I was used to being a loner from my old school.
 
I went to take a look at what was on the lunch menu and decided to wait till I got home from school, as it didn't look very appetizing.
 
I went to the table that Yukari, Marlene, and Eries were seated at. I pulled out a seat and just sat down. I rested my head in my arms and began to doze off when I felt the hairs at the back of my neck rise and a chill go down my back. I immediately sat up straighter and began to look around the cafeteria when I locked gazes with none other than Van Fanel. I couldn't turn my eyes away no matter how much I willed them too.
 
“Hey Tomi. Ohhh Tooomiii. EARTH TO HITOMI!”
 
“Oh, what?” I jumped in my seat. I didn't know I had been holding my breath until Yukari pulled me from my trance.
 
“Dude, do you like have a thing for the Fanels? Cause if you do, give it up already. They don't go with anyone.”
“Oh,” I sighed? I mean, it's not like I did have my hopes up right?
 
I continued to glance over at the Fanels's table every now and then to notice that Van had not hindered to staring in my general direction.
 
“Pssst. Tomi. Why is Van staring at you? He's been staring this whole time?” Yukari asked.
 
“I don't know, I didn't do anything to him, at least I don't think I did,” I replied.
 
Much to my relief, the bell rang signaling the end of lunch. I quickly grabbed my backpack and headed to my remaining two classes.
 
The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. I had Japanese with Allen and he sat right by me. I had him in gym too so we walked together to that class. I wasn't very athletic. The only thing I was good at was running. We played dodge ball and I was immediately out.
 
After I had changed out of my P.E. clothes I gathered my stuff and headed towards the parking lot. I was too engrossed in my thoughts to notice that a certain someone was leaning against my car. I had paused in my path to fumble with my keys to unlock the doors. As soon as I found it, I looked up and halted.
 
Green met red and I froze…
 
VvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvV
 
 
Now I've made some changes. To make this easier on myself, I've decided to base this a little off of my own life in it's current situation. For instance, I don't know how many of you caught this in the story, but I put car instead of truck, being that my Mazda is indeed a car so I'm going to change her vehicle to a Mazda Protégé.
 
Well, I hope you all enjoyed it. Now go review and tell me what ya think.
 
Ja ne
 
TEE