Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Twilight of Escaflowne ❯ Surprise ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: WOOHOO!! Another chapter finished and posted! But like I mentioned in my last author's note, I'm a busy girl, so don't expect real frequent updates, especially now with midterms and all comin up. But after that is CHRISTMAS BREAK!! Haleiluyah!! Hopefully I can have another chapter finished with in that time (I should, it's 3 weeks of being lazy for crying out loud. Lol) well, without further ado, I give you CHAPTER 6!!!
 
Disclaimer: I can say that I proudly own both Twilight and Escaflowne, although I don't have copyrights T_T those belong to Stephenie Meyer, and Katsu Aki, Hajime Yadate, and Shoji Kawamori.
 
-.:Twilight of Escaflowne:.-
Chapter 6
Surprises
 
My breath hitched in my throat. I hadn't noticed that I'd been holding it until Van pushed himself off my car and began to walk towards me. The whole while, I found that I couldn't tare my eyes from his burning gaze. He seemed to be reading my very soul.
 
As he neared, my palms grew sweaty and my heartbeat quickened. Everything else was non-existent. All that I was aware of was him and me and that the tattoo of my heart was so loud that I was sure even he could hear it.
 
He was now just a step away from me, and I was positive that I would soon pass out from lack of oxygen. His lips parted slightly as if he were about to say something. This broke our gaze, bringing my current attention to those oh-so-perfect lips. They lacked color, but I was too astounded with the “Adonis” standing before me to take note of it. Being in such proximity with him, I could see that he had a perfectly straight chiseled nose and high cheekbones placed strategically below his defined brow. He had a strong jaw connected to a long graceful neck which descended below his collar and connected to what I could see where very broad shoulders. I watched his adam's apple bobble up and down as he swallowed.
 
`This man should be a model. Christ! He was every artist's dream!!' I thought.
 
Just when I was beginning to wish that I could catch him shirtless on a nice sunny day somewhere on some secluded beach, he spoke.
 
You would think that it would break the spell, but alas, it drew me deeper into his trance - his presence - his very being. That strong tenor voice spoke to me. It wasn't too deep, or too girlishly high, in fact, his voice was so perfect, that it even sent little chills racing down my spine. I tried to focus on what he was saying, but that only brought my attention back to those beautifully full lips of his which was the nightmare of every girls' parents. I began to wonder what it'd be like to be kissed by those luscious lips of his.
 
“Tomi? Are you ok?” he asked as he reached out and lightly touched the back of my wrist. That did it. A spark of electricity caused us both to jump apart, breaking the spell much to me relief, and at the same time, disappointment.
 
My cheeks reddened as I looked away. I took a step back, but he stepped closer. Gods didn't he know what that did to me? Once again, my war drum sounded in my chest. I was sure he could hear it then.
 
I noticed him fidget where he stood, and his lips parted slightly. “I, uh…” he hesitated. He rubbed the back of his neck in deep thought and took a deep breath. “I…” he sighs, “My behavior today was very uncalled for and uh….” Was he trying to apologize to me?
 
He took a deep breath, “look I'm not very good at apologies, so uh…to make up for my rudeness…how bout…uh…I t-t-take you out some time…”
 
I was shocked to say the least. A couple of hours ago, he acted like he didn't want to have anything to do with me, and now here he is asking me out on a date…
 
However, I was still kinda hurt from his enmity displayed earlier, so I didn't answer right away. Apart of me wanted to reject him as payback, but that naturally female side of me was giddy at the thought of going out on a date with this gorgeous man before me, and canceled out any rational thinking.
 
I will ponder later on how thankful I will be to my natural attraction to him. My female side of the brain won and I accepted his apology: “It's fine, but I really don't know you that well…” I began.
 
“Well, at least let me take you out for coffee some morning…” he countered.
 
“I don't drink coffee,” I came back.
 
“Hot cocoa?”
 
“Ok, I'll think about it.”
 
“In the meantime, we can get to know each other better through school,” he flashed a dazzling smile at me, and I felt me knees go week. Much to my embarrassment, they gave out, and I collapsed expecting to meet ground. I found two arms and a body supporting me and I looked into those dangerous eyes. He helped me stand and hurriedly put distance between us as though he'd been burned.
 
“Are you ok,” he asked me after I had gained my composure.
 
“Yes,” I answered, disappointed and confused by his reluctance to be near me.
 
Despite the awkward situation, he maintained his suavity and held and shut my car door for me once I was safely within it confines. I rolled down my window and swallowed hard has I looked up at him, “well, I guess…I'll uh… see ya tomorrow.”
 
“Adieu mademoiselle. Be safe, the roads are slippery,” I caught my breath at his parting as I had just noticed his accent. It wasn't British or French; I couldn't quite place it, but it was sexy none-the-less.
 
I felt my foot shaking on the clutch as I pulled out of the drive and onto the road. I looked in my rear-view mirror to see him still standing in the same place, watching me as I drove away. Once I had turned the bend, I felt a smile turn up the corners of my lips and I felt a giggle forming in my chest.
 
Yes, today had turned out to be quite the experience…
 
VvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvvVvv
 
Woot Woot!
 
Another chapter finished!! -jumps for joy-
 
I hope you all liked this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. This story is advancing slowly but surely. I can't wait to get the second chapter written and posted, but once again, don't expect an update real soon.
 
Tell me what ya think!! Reviews are what motivate me to write!!
 
Ciao
 
TEE