Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ When Escaflowne Rescued Trilladen ❯ Allen's Claim ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

***********************

CHAPTER 13

************************

Allen's Claim

************

Allen woke up holding Edwina in his arms, truly content for the first time in his life. She was sleeping soundly and peacefully, a slight smile still on her face. He gently nuzzled her backside, spooning her naked body to his while he cradled her as if he wasn't completely sure she was real. He buried his face in her jet-black hair and breathed in deeply recalling every sweet perfect moment of last night.

This mere slip of girl stole my heart through subterfuge and deception. It is only fitting that I made her my bride in like fashion. Allen smiled to himself knowing he would have much explaining to do. Carefully he removed the Schezar family signet ring from his smallest finger of his left hand and ever so slowly, so as not to disturb his wife, he slipped it onto her ring finger of her right hand.

Edwina stirred from the sensation, blinking sleep from her eyes. She awoke to the safe loving feel of Allen's warm skin and closed her eyes to savor the moment. Seeing that she was now awake, he felt elated and completely possessive. Kissing her neck he whispered in her ear, "Good morning, my new bride. How does it feel to start the day as Edwina Schezar?"

Edwina thought he was joking and giggled, deciding to go along with his ploy. "I could get used to it, I guess. I'll need time to think it over, um…Yep I like it just fine." She giggled and turned around to face him. She looked at him in the morning sunlight smiling shyly, unable to tear her eyes from him. "I love you, Allen." She stated simply. She waited for his response.

He didn't know what to say at first. His palms cupped her face gently, his thumbs caressing her mouth. His expression was serious, but happy too. "I mean it, Edwina. You are my wife now. Don't you remember? As a knight of Heaven I claimed you as mine forever. I did not speak those words lightly. Through the ancient laws of the order you are bound to me now. We consummated this pact last night. You are mine now. I am truly your husband, in every sense of the word. Do you understand?"

Edwina's eyes slowly grew wide with shock. That was my wedding? You are mine and I shall remain by your side? I am a princess of Trilladen! What is he thinking? There was no marriage! I didn't consent to anything! He's gone daft! I have a mission to accomplish! He can't just claim me like a wench from some tavern!

"I did not give you my hand, Allen, my heart and body, yes, but not my hand. That's still mine last time I checked! You don't just claim someone and take their virginity!" She reasoned.

"I did claim you, and as far as I can recall, you didn't object at all! Look upon your hand and see the ring placed there. I know it is a bit lacking in pomp and circumstance, but considering our unique situation, I felt it best to take matters into my own hands. I am and have been protecting you, after all." He responded.

He's positively smug about it, like he duped me! Almost without breath, Edwina replied, "I don't think it would stand. It's not as if there was a ceremony or witnesses or consent from family, let alone an entire nation such as mine." She said quite distressed and put out. "You can't just fool me into being your wife. There has to be, I don't know, a formal request made, or arrangements between families, or something." She ended all befuddled.

He found her to be utterly adorable. Chuckling he pulled her close and held her. "So you'll make love with me, but not be mine. Is that what you are saying? I doubt anyone will believe that the union is not valid when your belly starts to swell." With that he kissed her mouth softly many times.

All the while she tried to keep her ability to think and reason with him. But her breathing came more rapidly and harder, which was just as he intended. Trying to keep her train of thought she pulled away from him to look him squarely in the eyes. What she saw was her husband deeply in love with her. His eyes, not his words, showed how vulnerable he was because of her. She couldn't say anything to contradict his claim. She was indeed his.

Kissing her cheeks, eyebrows, and forehead with sweet tenderness, his heart swelled with an urgent need to reveal itself completely to her. He stopped and waited for her to look up at him. When she did he spoke quietly, as if each word he said stripped away layers of protective covering around his soul.

"I claimed you as mine, because I know I can never be without you. I learned to be without my father and mother. I learned to live without knowing if my sister was alive or dead for years. I learned to live with the knowledge that I must be estranged from her after I found her. But I can't…"

He stopped as if trying to say the words pained him. "I won't ever be without you and live. You are my soul, somehow. I don't know how or when it happened, but when I saw the griffin swoop down to attack you, I knew in that instant that I would rather die first then let that happen." Allen's eyes watered over and he hid his face in her bosom. His voice was tight from emotion and he moved up to her neck and pressed his lips to her ear and softly whispered, "I love you."

Edwina moved her body to urgently couple with him. A riot of sensations streamed through his manhood as his heart spilled over to fill her with his love. Edwina completely surrendered to him her heart and body and hand.