Wedding Peach Fan Fiction ❯ The Super Devil and the Band of Seven ❯ Jack Love ( Chapter 22 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
 
 
The story went like this…
 
Centuries ago
 
All the people on Earth would find themselves being drawn ever so much closer together.
 
Men and Women of all kinds fell deeply in love, and on the brinks of disaster, their love and Marriages were saved… and it was all thanks to Jack Love!
 
He was responsible for all the love waves and happiness that he brought to the humans.
 
One day however while carrying out his duties over a poor village in Japan of the Middle ages, he meets a young lady, the fairest in the land.
 
He overheard her talking to her parents, trying to convince them to stop worrying about her seeking marriage, or even if she was in love with anybody.
 
She was in love with Jack Love, himself. Over excited about what he just heard, that was his very first step to thinking of becoming human, he thought the woman really loved him.
 
And becoming human just because he loved her wasn't the only reason…
 
Jack Love, he was a magical angel who flew amongst the humans invisible, nobody in the entire human world could Hear, See, or Feel him… except for his magic.
 
So no matter how hard he tried, he was unable to fit in or make peace and joy with all the humans in the human world.
 
And He was the only Angel in all the Angel world that Aphrodite sent down, and allowed to be amongst the humans… meaning there were no other angels Jack's type to be around.
 
For the first time in his angel life, Jack Love began to feel ever so sad and Lonely. So Lonely… that he even sang a very sorrowful song.
 
(Jack)
 
-The Happiness of being me
is not what it's cracked up to be
It's Lonely being One… of a kind.
 
-With all the known variety,
The fame that love gave to me.
It's Lonely being One… of a kind!
 
 
Making up his mind… Jack headed back to the angel world and asked for Aphrodite to change him into a human so that he may court the woman whom he loves… and after hearing the rest of his song…
 
(Jack)
 
-I'd like to be, like everyone I see,
Not Special, Just an ordinary guy.
Who falls in love, and leads a simple life
At least, I'd like to have the chance to try.
 
-The happiness of being me,
Is not what it's cracked up to be.
It's lonely being, One… of a kind.
It's lonely…being… ONE… of a kind!
 
… Aphrodite decided to grant his wish come true.
 
Jack Love was going to be given a Year of being a Human, and if he were able to obtain Four special things by the end of the year…
 
 
A HOUSE for Shelter… A HORSE to bear him… A BAG-OF-GOLD to sustain him… And a WIFE… to make it all worthwhile!
 
He would THEN… become TRULY Human, and with Aphrodite's blessings, would he be permitted to remain so for all time.
 
So Jack Returned to the Human world as a human young man, where he was finally able to speak to the young girl. He introduced himself as Jack Snip, a young Taylor looking for work
 
Over taken gracefully by his kindness and gentleness, the maiden befriended him, and inviting him to stay with her… (Not knowing that he was really, Jack Love!)
 
After a few months, Jack began to adjust to life as a human, and he made lots of new friends as Jack Snip, who were grateful for him mending all their cloths for them.
 
However, one ill-fated day… Jack Realized he was not the only one in line for the maiden's hand.
 
A greedy old man who had robbed the village of all it's money, which was why the villagers were so poor, he snagged the maiden off with him to make his wife by force.
 
Jack met up with an old warrior-friend of the Madden and agreed to help rescue her. In the end of the rescue, the woman was saved, but Jack had gotten himself captured.
 
Now this old man did not endure the thought of losing and being humiliated like this. He vowed to send his army of ten-thousand men to destroy the woman's village and bring her back.
 
In the Dungeon, Jack realized that he could save the town by using his love powers to stop those men in their tracks… but to do so, he saw no other choice but to transform back into his immortal state.
 
Jack Love gave up his humanity to save the Humans and the woman he had come to love so much.
 
 
Over the past six months, Jack put up a large force-field around the old mans castle and stopping his men from going anywhere.
 
Then it was only a matter of using his powers to change all the men from bad to good, and soon the old man's threat was over… However…
 
One day, Aphrodite had warned Jack that his time was running out, and he only had until SUNDOWN that day until his whole year was up.
 
Jack was all out of power from using so much, so his only choice was to become human again and confront the old man in one final showdown.
 
The old man, still had a trick or two up his sleeve, for Jack had not destroyed all his men… The Band of Seven, his strongest, most fearsome fighters were left.
 
But using quick wits, and with a little help from Aphrodite, Jack was able to defeat the Band of Seven and purify the old man finally and for good.
 
With the old man gone, Jack immediately became the new owner of the castle, and of many horses too. He also became the Richest man in the entire land.
 
Once he had given back all the cash stolen from the village, he was even awarded to keep a bag of Gold for himself as a reward.
 
But now Jack's time was really running out, the sun was starting to set, and Jack still needed to find the young maiden and make her his bride in a very short time.
 
Jack Searched everywhere, but the Young maiden was not found in the village anywhere, and when he asked where she had gone…
 
He learned that Maiden he was in love with had recently married the warrior friend from her rescue, whom she had actually loved for quite some time, and moved away to live with him in his home village.
 
Jack not only had Failed… but he also learned from the maidens parents, that when she said she loved Jack Love… it was only just a flight of fancy.
 
So the Sun Set, Jack Love changed back into an invisible Angel, and flew back to the angel world… empty-handed, and broken-hearted!