Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Pill Confession ( Chapter 23 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Pill Confession
Sunday Morning in August.
*Grace*
Such a beautiful face. Jimmy looked so angelic asleep next to me. I kissed him on the tip of his nose. A smile came onto my lips.
Jimmy…, I thought. My heart did a little flutter. Oh, what an amazing night.
I looked and noticed his green-blue eyes twitching open. I felt myself nearly jump. He opened his eyes and smiled.
“Morning,” he whispered. I smiled back at him.
“Good morning,” I whispered back. He kissed me on the cheek. I giggled.
“How was last night?” I asked. Jimmy kissed me on the cheek again.
“More than you think,” he whispered. I giggled again. Then, I remembered.
“Oh, time for my meds,” I mumbled. Jimmy glanced up at me with a blank face.
“Huh?” he asked. I didn't answer. Instead, I reached under my bed and pulled out a small pink box. I drew out my meds and began to take my first one for the day.
“You don't have to do that,” Jimmy said as I opened the bottle. I glanced over at him. I nodded at him.
“Yes, I do,” I said. “Six times a day.” He made a face at me.
“Really?” my boyfriend asked. I looked at him. No point in lying, right? I mean everyone knows it.
“You remember dinner last night?” I asked. Jimmy nodded.
“Yeah,' he said. “You and your mother explained everything.”
“Right,” I said. “So you know the reason.” He nodded at first.
“Yeah,” my boyfriend said. “But haven't you tried to go without your meds.” I shook my head.
“Nah,” I said. “You wouldn't like me when I'm off them.” He gently put his arm around me.
“I wouldn't say that,” he whispered. I smiled a bit. Jimmy kept his eyes on me. I nuzzled his neck.
“It's funny,” I said. “I can't remember when I wasn't on medication.” Jimmy made a face at me.
“Say what?” he asked. I nodded.
“I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was seven.”
“Seven?”
“Yeah. It's a fog to me. I was hyper back then. I could barely stay still in class. I argued with my teachers all of the time and spent many times in the principal's office.” I giggled a bit.
“You could I was a bad kid. But, I was so sad at times and I didn't know why. My mother used her psychiatrist connections to get a second opinion.”
“You mean she knew?”
“She had her suspicions. To make a long story short, they ran tests, I became diagnosed, and here I am, living with my psychiatrist mother and taking many pills to keep myself sane.” Silence. There, I said it. Does he still want me? Jimmy held me to his chest and kissed me on the forehead.
“That was sixteen years ago,” he whispered. “You must have enough control over it to get off of your meds.”
“You think so?” I asked.
“What do you think?” my boyfriend asked. I thought about that for a moment. I finally set the bottle down on the nightstand.
“Those are my last pills for the day!” I announced. Jimmy held my hand under the sheets. I gave him a little smile. This should be easy, right?