Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Dinner Date ( Chapter 24 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Dinner Date
Saturday Before the Previous Chapter
*Jimmy*
Grace and I have been dating for five weeks now. It's actually going well. We call each other every week. We have lunch on her off days. We been out on many dates. I can see us going far for many years. (That's if… Well, you know.)
Tonight, Grace has a surprise for me.
“There's someone I want you to meet,” she told me.
“Oh?” I asked. “Who?” She smiled as she waved her finger at me.
“I can't tell you yet,” she said. “You'll have to see.”
“Oh,” I said. Grace gave me a little smile.
“See you tomorrow night at my house,” she said. I smiled at her.
“Yes ma'am!” I said. My girlfriend gave me a little smile. I smiled back as I watched her walk away. I'm going to miss that bouncing red hair for a while. Oh well, I have tomorrow night to look forward to. Until then, keep counting down.
Saturday night came and I picked up Grace from the restaurant. She waited outside for me.
“Hi,” I greeted her.
“Hello,” she said back.
“Ready to go?” I asked. Her face lit up with her smile.
“Yeah!” she cheered. I chuckled at her.
“Okay,” I said. “Lead the way!”
“Yes sir!” she said. Then, we headed out. Now, Grace lived in a big house. No, this wasn't a house. No, this wasn't a house. This was a frickin' palace! My jaw just dropped at the gate.
“Wow!” I gasped. I turned to my girlfriend.
“You live here?” I asked.
“Yeah,” Grace said with a nod. I stared on still.
“Really?” I asked.
“Yes,” she said again. I looked through the gate again. Castle white walls, mother fucker! I don't mean to be blunt, but you should see this place! Grace led me to the front door and unlocked it.
“We're home, mom!” she called. I looked at her.
“Oh, so I'm meeting big mama tonight, huh?” I asked.
“Uh-huh,” Grace said. She looked around the vintage gold living room. Ah, so I'm meeting her family. I smiled a little bit. Well, this is a step up. Suddenly, an older woman came out into the living room. I quickly pick up where Grace's pretty red hair came from. The older woman fixed her navy-framed glasses. Grace stepped forward.
“Mom, this is Jimmy,” she said. Mrs. Forrest looked at me with a hard look in her eyes. I gave her a little wave.
“Hello Mrs. Forrest,” I said. Her face didn't change.
“So you're James,” she said.
“That's right,” I replied. Silence. Her face didn't change. Uh-oh, I've got a tough one here.
“So nice to meet you,” I added. “You have a lovely daughter.”
“Really?” she asked.
“Yes,” I replied. Silence again. Mrs. Forrest still kept the same face. Damn, she's tough. The older woman turned to the dining room.
“Dinner is almost ready,” she said. “Gracie, come help set up the table.”
“Yes, mom,” she said. They both disappeared into the dining room.
“Hey, I could help out,” I offered them.
“No, we got it,” my girl's mom said. “Sit around until we call you.” I nodded once.
“Okay,” I said. I gave a little smile to myself as I sat down on their couch. Looks good so far…