Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Season of the Witch ( Chapter 69 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Season of the Witch

-Namie-

They are so beautiful. I feel so proud. They are finding each other. It makes my dead heart swell.

Two have already found the house I made. Just waiting for the others to come.

Oh! There's something else happening. Yes. The women are gathering. I too must join them. There is something coming tonight. I can't wait.

Rachel put her hand on my shoulder. I turned my head. She had a calm look on her face. I cleared my throat.

“Right,” I said. I took her by the hand. We followed the other vampires down the path. As we walk, I think about my flock. I want to see how they take it and what they will do. It just thrills me. I giggled to myself. Rachel squeezed my hand. I stopped and took a breath. Right. It's not time for that. We have a duty to perform.

We came out to an empty field. All of the women joined in a circle. This year, it is Rosalind who is leading us. (I don't envy her at all. I have better things to do with my time.) She stepped forward and held out her hand.

“Everyone,” she said. “It is now time to summon mother. Hold out your hands.” We all held out our hands. Rosalind closed her eyes. She started softly chanting to herself. The air around us grew colder. A chill ran down my spine. One by one, we closed out eyes and joined the chant. I could feel little sparks in my chest.

“Mmm,” I said to myself. The warmth circle my chest.

Suddenly, it felt cold. I opened my eyes. Rosalind smiled with a knife in her hand. I turned to her. She smiled at me.

“She's here,” my sister whispered. I couldn't help but smile. This was just the beginning. Rosalind cut into her hand.

“Now,” she said. “We can really begin.”