Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Freezing Summer ( Chapter 70 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Freezing Summer

It's summer now. This started in spring. Connections were being formed. Omi and Phoenix were doing their best. They still needed more.

“How many more months do we have left?” Phoenix asked. Omi counted up in his head.

“Sixteen? Maybe?” he asked. The girl frowned. This search was going nowhere.

“Whom do we have left?” she asked. Omi began typing on his keyboard.

“Quite a lot,” he said. Phoenix groaned.

“Damn it,” she said.

“I know, I know,” he said. She rolled over onto her stomach.

“What now?” the girl asked.

“Keep looking,” Omi said. “After that… I don't know.” Phoenix frowned. She rolled over onto her back. The boy went back to his computer.

---------

Summer is a time to relax. When you might die soon, that may or may not be an option. Question is how to spend the time. Some prepare to die. Others try to fight back. Either way, they can't sit around and do nothing.

“Hm,” Omi said. Phoenix lifted her head.

“What?” she asked.

“I got a new message,” he said. Phoenix jumped up and ran over to the computer. She leaned in for a look. A curious look came across her face.

“Who is Green Jade Fire?” she asked. The girl turned to Omi. Only one way to find out. The boy clicked on the email. From there, the summer to connect and survive began.