Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Fear Rush ( Chapter 71 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Fear Rush

-Shannon-

I don't want to die. I have to live. I've been doing everything I can to do so. But last night might have been too much.

It all started with a text. What is this?

“Party at Garden Street at midnight.”

I stared at the screen. Hm. This looked interesting. Hm. This looked interesting. I wanted to go. I was going to go. I stood up from my bed. Better than doing nothing around here. I put on a short black cocktail dress. Heels, make-up, and hair up later and I was ready to go. Not like Ryan was going to stop me. I smiled to myself in the mirror.

“Showtime!” I said to myself. I turned and walked out of my room.

--------

I sent the text to my friends. Only one joined me. I have known Sosuke for years. We've been friends since we were four. He is so gorgeous. I would be all over him if he was straight. That's right. My dear Sosuke is gay. Such a disappointment really. But it was what it was.

I digress.

“You sure this is a good idea?” Sosuke asked.

“Uh-huh,” I said. We had turned down the alley. He and I were getting away from the crowds. Sosuke followed behind. The streetlights slowly disappeared. I kept walking.

“Honey, maybe we should go back?” Sosuke asked. I wasn't listening. I had to keep walking. I had to find this party.

I froze when something caught my ear.

“Shannon?” Sosuke asked.

“Shhh,” I whispered. I slowed down my walking. It sounded like two people talking. No. One guy is yelling and the other is… begging? I can't make out what they are saying.

“What's going on?” Sosuke asked behind me.

“Shhh!” I whispered. We walked further down the alley, following the voices.

We came around the corner. I took a peek first. In the dim streetlight, I could make out two men arguing. I could only see the back of the bigger one. I see his jeans and wifebeater. An older man in a ruined suit was on his knees, begging. What the hell? What is this? Sosuke pushed me down for a look. I tried to push him off.

“Stop,” I mouthed. I tried to listen closely. The man going so fast I can barely keep up. Oh. This isn't good. Maybe we should call the cops?

Suddenly, something shiny caught my eye. What the…?! Is that…?!

Bang!

A man in the suite froze before he fell to the ground. Blood spilled out under him. I gasped wide-eyed. Did I just see somebody die? I didn't get time to process anything. Sosuke grabbed me by the wrist and ran out of there. I thought that was the end of that. But I couldn't have been more wrong.