Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Drowned Reckoning ( Chapter 76 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Drowned Reckoning

-Ryan-

She's done it again. Shannon came home trembling and wide-eyed. Sosuke had to shove her into the house. He too looked shaken up.

“What the hell? What happened?!” I asked. Neither gave me an answer. Sosuke just left. Shannon stayed in her room for most of the day. I knocked on her door.

“Shannon! Are you okay in there?” I asked. “Talk to me.” I listened closely to the door. Nothing. My stomach dropped. I took a breath.

“I'm coming in, okay?” I said. I opened the door and went inside. Her room was dark.

“Shannon? Are you awake in there? Hello? Hello?” I whispered. I looked around in the dark. I paused when I heard murmuring.

“Shannon?” I asked. I looked up to see her sitting on her bed. She stared off into space. I sighed.

“Why didn't you say anything?” I asked. Shannon didn't answer. I shook my head.

“Honestly,” I said. I sat down on the door of her bed. But then I paused.

“Hm?” I asked.

“I saw a man die.” Her voice trembled as she spoke. I stared at her in the dark.

“What?” I asked. She broke down and told me everything. I stared at her stunned.

“Wow,” was all he could say. Shannon broke down crying.

“Aw, come here,” I said. I pulled her into a hug. Shannon cried on my chest. I shouldn't be surprised. But still…

“Were you seen?” I asked. Shannon shook her head.

“I mean… I don't think so,” she said. I sighed. Damn it. What did she get into now?

“Did you call the police?” I asked. She shook her head again. I frowned.

“But…” I said.

“No!” Shannon shouted. I put up my hands.

“Okay, okay,” I said. My sister sniffled. I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

“What do you want me to do?” I asked. Shannon's eyes welled up.

“I don't want to die,” she whimpered. I hugged her again.

“Neither do I,” I said. “Neither do I.” She sobbed in my arms. I'm at a loss here. I don't know what to do.