Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Bad Blood ( Chapter 82 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Bad Blood

-Saitou-

I've seen the dark side of people. It is my job after all. But this darkness scares me to my core. His last two sessions left me shaken.

My patient, let's call him K-kun, was assigned to me three years ago. At first, he didn't want to talk. One of his relatives, I don't remember who, reached out to me. Now, I am starting to regret that decision.

He did start to open up to me six months into our sessions. He's had his ups and downs. Sometimes, he would disappear for days at a time. That wasn't out of the ordinary. But over the past year, things have turned for the worst. K-kun lost his apartment and job. His mother went to jail. His little sister went to live with their grandparents. Sometimes, he wouldn't show up for therapy. The last two times ran me through the wringer.

Dirty Blood Session

Me: So how are you today?

K: -No answer-

Me: I haven't heard from you in a while. Is everything okay with you?

K: -Mumbling something-

Me: Excuse me?

(K looked up at me. His eyes so empty.)

Me: K-kun?

K: Dirty blood.

Me: What did you say? What about dirty blood?

K: The doctors won't help me. I'm going to die.

Me: What do you mean?

(He doesn't answer at first. I waited with bated breath. K-kun stretched his neck from side to side.)

K: I have dirty blood.

Me: What are you talking about? What do you mean you have dirty blood?

(K looked at his arm. He's gotten thin lately. I wonder if he's eating or not.)

K: They won't help me.

Me: Who?

(K looked at me.)

K: Those damns doctors.

Me: What doctors? Why won't they help you?

(K shrugged. I took a closer look at his arms. He's using again. Should I say something? I think I need to.)

Me: Are you using again? Tell me the truth.

(K looked at me but didn't answer. He cocked his head to the side.)

K: You have dirty blood too.

(I froze.)

Me: K-kun, what do you mean?

(He didn't answer. K-kun just stared at me. The way he stared at me filled with dread. I couldn't explain it. There was no way that could know. Wait. Could he…?)

Me: What?

K-kun didn't speak. He didn't need to. My hand trembled as I tried to take notes. It didn't help that K-kun kept staring at me.

That was three weeks ago. Yesterday's session was much worse.