Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Electric Fields ( Chapter 83 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Electric Fields

This was a bad idea from jump. Still, Cook had to do it. His friends on the other hand, were… Well…

“We should not be doing this,” Peter said.

“Don't be a baby, Pete!” Cook shouted. He walked up to the fence. The boy sized up the electric barrier. The crackling made him grin. He took a step back.

“Don't!” Tommy shouted. Cook waved him off. Tommy and Peter looked at each other. They knew what was coming next.

“How are you going to get in?” Peter asked.

“I will find a way,” Cook said. Of course, he would. Cook walked further down the path line. He came across an opening with two wooden poles. No wires between them.

“Ah!” Cook said. He walked up to the opening as Peter and Tommy followed behind. Their leader took a step back. Cook crouched into a running position.

“One… Two… Three!” Cook shouted. He took off running toward the gap. The boy leaped over the wood beam. He rolled over on the grass. Cook jumped to his feet. He held up two V-signs in the air. He chuckled as he grinned. Tommy clapped while Peter rolled his eyes.

“Come on!” Cook shouted. “Get over here!” Tommy jogged over and leaped over the fence. He ran over to the leader. Peter was the only one left on the other side.

“Come on, man!” Cook shouted. Peter rolled his eyes and rolled back his shoulders. Right…

Peter jogged and jumped over the fence. He stumbled over on the landing. It took two minutes to stand up straight. Cook gave him a slow clap. Peter stuck up his middle finger. Why were they out here in this fenced-up middle of nowhere?

Oh yeah.

“Want to see something cool?” Cook asked two hours earlier. That was all it took. The boys had to follow.

Peter looked around the empty field.

“Is this what you wanted to show us?” he asked.

“No,” Cook said. His friend raised an eyebrow.

“Then… where is it?” he asked. The leader perked up.

“Follow me!” he said. Cook turned and walked further into the field. Peter and Tommy looked at each other before following behind.

---------

The fields looked so green. Maybe too green. Peter had the chills.

“Where are we going?” he whispered. Tommy shrugged and shook his head. Cook glanced behind him.

“You gossiping back there?” he asked.

“No!” his friends shouted.

“Sure…” Cook said. The three kept walking. Soon, the boys heard a crackling noise. Peter turned his head.

“Hm?” he asked.

“Keep moving!” Cook shouted. He had to shout over the crackling. Peter and Tommy stayed close. The leader grinned to himself. He turned around and walked backward. He held out his arms.

“Boys!” Cook shouted. “Welcome to the Electric Fields!” Crackling and sizzling filled the air. Peter and Tommy looked around.

“Keep moving, boys!” Cook shouted. “If you stay still, you will be zapped. If you step in the wrong place, you will get zapped.” Peter gave him an odd look.

“Dude! What the fuck?!” he shouted. “Why did you bring us here?” Cook turned and pointed up ahead.

“There!” he shouted as he kept walking. Peter and Tommy looked up. Their jaws dropped. The tallest tower stood in the distance. Electric energy flowed from it. This was it. This was the source. Cook turned to his friends with a grin.

“Pretty cool, huh?” he asked. He must have thought highly of himself because of this place. Peter and Tommy just stood there stunned.