Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Suffocating ( Chapter 88 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Suffocating

-Jimmy-

Where did it go wrong? I still love her but it's all killing me. It might be my fault. Shouldn't have told her to go off her meds. Yeah…

I love Grace. Don't get me wrong. It was great at first. We did typical boyfriend and girlfriend things. Even her mom didn't mind.

But then the cracks started to show.

Grace became needy. I mean too needy. It was a nightmare. At first, I chalked it up to her not having many friends growing up. She was happy to have someone to talk to. Cool. It started with texts. I didn't mind. Texts in the morning, afternoon, and night. I found it kind of cute. We even talked on the phone.

But then, it got to be too much. I tried to tell her to dial it back. Sure, Grace tried to slow down with the texts. It wouldn't be long before she would start up again. Ignoring her made it worse. In fact, it all started to go downhill. No meds made it worse.

Grace became jealous and paranoid. She didn't like my female friends. She'd give them dirty looks.

“Babe, we're just friends,” I would have to tell her. “There's nothing going on.” Sometimes it would work. Other times, not so much.

I'm stuck here and don't know what to do. I talked to her mom.

“Is she on her meds?” she asked.

“No…” I said. (I didn't tell her why.) Her mom rubbed her forehead.

“Not this again,” she said. I looked confused.

“What do you mean?” I asked. Her mom gave me that look. Oh no… Don't tell me… She sat me down and told me everything. It's just as I feared. Now, I am really stuck.

So, what should I do? Do I leave or do I stay? It would be cruel to leave. Besides, nothing bad has happened. Not yet at least. Grace's mom said she would talk to her. Right now, my girl is back on her meds. Everything seems to be fine for now. I am still worried. She could turn on a dime. Honestly, I am scared. I don't know what to do. If anyone had any ideas, please tell me.

My phone buzzed again. Damn it, it's her again. Excuse me.

“Hello?” I asked.