Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Run from the Rain ( Chapter 87 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Run from the Rain

Another connection is coming. It started in the rain. With a chase.

Karen ran through the streets in the rain. She looked over her shoulder. The rain drowned out the sounds. It had never gone this bad before. How did this happen?

She closed her eyes and prayed for the diner to be open. Karen pushed herself to run faster. She opened one eye for a peek. There it was. The diner seemed to glow in the dark. Karen breathed.

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” she said to herself. The sex worker pushed herself to keep running.

-----------

It started out as a slow night. J.T. had just finished cleaning the tables. He sat down in a booth for a breath. He happened to look out the window and see Karen running to the diner. He leaped to his feet. She looked panicked as she ran to the door. J.T. ran over to let her in.

“Help me!” she shouted. “I'm being chased!” He pulled her inside. Karen stumbled to the floor. J.T. stood over her.

“Are you okay? What happened?” he asked. Karen looked up, panting. J.T. couldn't tell if that was rain or tears.

“Here,” he said. He helped her to her feet. The walked over to a booth. Karen flopped down.

“Can I get you anything?” J.T. asked. Karen shook her head. The man stood looking awkward.

“Uh…” he said. Karen looked up. J.T. went quiet. He finally got good look at her. Her clothes were soaked. The little red dress she wore looked tighter than it was. The black stockings were ruined. Same with her shoes and hair.

“Um… I'll get you a towel,” J.T. said. “You'll catch a cold.” He turned to walk to the back, but she caught him by the wrist. J.T. turned his head. Karen had a desperate look on her face. J.T. pressed his lips together.

“Oh,” he said. He sat down in front of her. They didn't speak. Karen lowered her eyes. J.T. had nothing to say. The pair just sat there in silence.

Suddenly, there was pounding on the door.