Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Broken Street ( Chapter 112 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Broken Street

It's too dark out here. I don't know where I am. I looked around. Where was I supposed to go now? Looked like I just had to walk. So that is what I did.

It's so weird. That's nothing out here. I can't see anything. No street signs. No traffic. No people around. There was nothing. I looked around as I walked. How do I get out of here? Where was I even going?

Suddenly, I heard something. I turned my head. There was no one there. No one… but singing. I couldn't make out what they were saying. It didn't matter. I already made up my mind. I told myself, `Nope,' and kept walking. But the singing got worse.

They sounded in pain. Women. Children. And men. They sounded distant at first. I tried not to look behind me. Don't turn around. Don't turn around. Keep walking. Keep walking. I took a breath.

The singing started to get louder. There was crying now. I mean, deep sobbing. Wails even. I wouldn't turn around. I kept walking. My chest began to ache. I swallowed hard. Keep moving. Keep moving. Keep moving.

I think I'm going to be sick.

Wait… What is that smell? I think it was meat drying in the sun mixed in with something sweet. I know I shouldn't have. But I did.

I turned my head. Nothing. There was nothing there. But the singing got worse. My ears started to ache. I covered them and winced. The singing and scent grew worse. I thought I was going to throw up. My eyes were burning. Still, I couldn't stop walking. I had to get out of here.

“Hey!” someone yelled through the singing and wailing. I turned my head. Someone grabbed me on the shoulder. I didn't get a chance to scream. I was grabbed up and dragged away. I was gone.

And then it went quiet. I couldn't feel a thing.