Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ The Void Box ( Chapter 111 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The Void Box

Gah! My head hurts. I reached up to rub it. Only… I couldn't move. W-What? I looked down fully awake. My hands were strapped down to a wooden chair. My legs were also tied down. Same with my torso. What is this?

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.

My eyes adjusted to the dark. I found myself in a dirty-looking kitchen. Dishes were piled up in the sink. Flies buzzed around the food on the counter. Trash littered the counters and table. What the hell? What was this? I looked up when I heard footsteps.

“Oh good. You're awake,” a voice said. I jerked my head upward. A boy walked toward me. He looked a bit older than me. His bangs hid his eyes. He had on a black hoodie and jeans. I tried to squirm away from him. The boy bowed his head.

“I am so sorry!” he said.

“Huh?” I asked.

“I'm so sorry! I was told to do this,” he said. “She made me do this.”

“What are you talking about? Who are you? Why am I here?” I asked. I tried to struggle out of my bindings. Damn, these knots were good. That boy kept apologizing. I didn't understand what he was saying.

“Who are you?” I tried again. He didn't answer. I decided to try something else.

“Who asked you to bring me here?” I asked. The boy froze. He lowered his head. I cocked my head to the side.

“What did you say?” I asked. The boy lifted his head.

“Your sister,” he said. I froze as I stared at him.

“What did you say?” I asked. The boy bowed again.

“I'm so sorry,” he said again. “I'm just following orders. She told me to do this. I am so sorry for this.” I sat there with my head swimming. My sister was really alive? I heard that before. I wanted to believe that.

“You're lying!” I said. The boy bowed again.

“I wish I was,” he said. “Believe me.” It was then I noticed that he sounded so scared. What was going on?

“What is going on here? Why am I here? What are you going to do to me?” I asked. The boy started to tremble.

“Wait… was that you in my yard earlier?” I asked. He dropped his head.

“Yes,” the boy said. Okay…

“So… why am I here?” I asked. The boy bowed his head.

“I was to bring you to her,” he said. “I am so sorry!” He pulled out a knife. I started to scream.

“Shhh!” the boy whispered. He held up his hands.

“Shhh! Shhh!”

He came up behind me and cut the ropes. My body came loose from the chair. I rubbed my wrists.

“Please… run!” the boy pleaded. I turned my head. He had a desperate look in his eyes.

“You have to go!” he said. “I can't… I can't! I can't do it!” He dropped his head in his hands.

“You can't let her catch you,” he said. I didn't understand what was going on. He froze when he heard the door opening.

“Oh no, they're here,” he whispered. “You have to go! I'll try to distract them. Now go! Go!” I turned and ran out of the kitchen. I didn't even look back.