Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Back to the Streets ( Chapter 114 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Back on the Streets

I'm back where I started. I jumped to my feet. Hey, I can move again. But where was I? Something told me I didn't have time to think about that. I needed to get out of here. I needed to get home.

I started walking again. I'm still cold. It's then I realize that I have no shoes. It would make sense. I was taken out of my room. Taken? Was I taken? I pushed myself to keep walking. This time, I could smell garbage. I reeled back as I covered my nose.

“Yuck,” I said. I whipped my head around. There was nothing there. But I wasn't fooled.

“I know you're here!” I shouted. “You can't scare me! Come out and show yourself!” No response. I puffed up my cheeks. I don't like this.

Then the singing came back. Louder this time. They were in so much pain. I covered my ears and ran. Their wailing made things worse. One voice called out to me.

“Where are you going, Phoenix?”

I ran faster. Leave me alone! Go away! I didn't stop running. I even shut my eyes. Why do they keep doing this? Where is my sister?!

Suddenly, I stopped. Not by choice. I just stopped. I held my eyes shut. Now what were they doing? Why am I here? Why won't they let me go?

“Come back. Come back!”

“No!” I shouted. I tried to move again. My feet didn't want to move. They stayed stuck to the ground. I took a breath and forced myself to try and run.

“Let me out of here! You can't keep me here! I am going home!” I finally got my feet unstuck. I took off running again.

“Come back here!” Something grabbed me by the shoulder. I didn't get a chance to scream. I was snatched up into the air. It all happened so fast. I was there one moment and then I was gone.

There wasn't a trace of me left.