Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ The Long Road ( Chapter 152 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The Long Road

Here it is. The vast nothing. They were floating here. Omi opened his eyes. It hadn't kicked in yet. There was still time. Right?

“Hello?”

Silence. No sound. His stomach turned. Maybe it will fail? No. He had to stick to the plan. Omi tried to draw in a breath.

“Hello? Is anybody here? I want to make a bargain!”

The others are asleep. Omi didn't know where they were. He couldn't even feel them nearby. Still, he will not back down.

“I have come here to bargain.”

Suddenly, his body felt cold. At last, there was something. Omi puffed out his chest.

“I came here to bargain!”

Suddenly, he knew he wasn't alone.

There was nothing there. But Omi didn't back down.

“Please… I have come to make a bargain,” he said again. No answer. Still, Omi kept going. He had out his arms.

“My life for theirs.”

Why?

Omi lifted his chin. “We don't want to die. We did not choose this. She cursed us to die today. How do we fix this?”

Why do you want to live?

Omi froze. “We have goals. We have dreams. We don't want to die right now.”

But why do you want to live?

Omi gave them a blank stare. He should have expected this. But it still caught him off-guard.

“Uh…”

Why do you want to live? Be honest.

He lowered his eyes. “I don't know.”

Why is that?

“I am an assassin.”

How do you feel about it?

“I am giving out justice.”

Is that right?

“Yes.”

And what will you do if you live?

Omi toughened up. “Everything.” He held up his wrists.

“Do we have a deal?” he asked. He made his move and now he had to wait.