Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Reckoning ( Chapter 151 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Reckoning

The day is here. The Fire Festival. Time for them to die. Or will they? Some choose to fight. Omi might have the answer.

“Will it work?” Midori asked.

“Only one way to see,” he said. The boy typed on his computer. He calculated everything. This could work. For now, he and the others would have to wait.

“I don't want to die,” Midori said.

“Neither do I,” Omi said. He pressed enter on his keyboard.

---------

What is everyone doing today? Praying, cleaning, fixing relationships, settling old griefs, and taking chances. Peter looked at his phone. Was he really going to do it? He still had a few hours left. He dropped his shoulders and sighed. Might as well…

“Hello?” Peter asked.

“Peter?” a girl's voice asked. He sat up straight.

“It's me,” he said. How long had it been?” Months? A year? Two years? It felt so much longer.

“I'm…” He pressed his lips together. He closed his eyes.

“I'm… I'm in trouble,” Peter admitted.

“What?” she asked. He took and breath and told her the whole story.

-----------

The hours dragged by. When was it going to happen?

“I don't want to die,” Karen said. None of them did. They had to trust Omi's plan. Omi's plan. It sounded crazy at face value. So crazy it had to work.

“I can get us out of this, but you will have to trust me,” he said. They didn't have a choice. Time was running out.

“Come on. Come on,” Omi pleaded at the screen. They could only wait.

Meanwhile, Phoenix had to know. Where was Katie? She needed to know. She sat alone on her bed in the dark. Her mother wasn't home. Phoenix knew she didn't have much time.

She lifted her chin.

“Nee-san! Where are you?” she asked. “Where did you go? I need to see you again. What happened to you? I don't want to die. Was it you protecting me? Give me a sign you are here! Please!” Phoenix turned her head when she heard a soft clicking noise.

“Katie?” she asked. Her heart pounded against her chest. The clicking noise grew closer.

“No…”

Her room went silent as she vanished into thin air.

---------

Namie smirked as she sat next to Rachel in the darkness. This was it. They had been waiting for this for over a year. Now they could enjoy the end result. Namie held up her right hand.

“Three… Two… One,” she said. The vampire snapped her fingers.

In the living realm, her flock went stiff and collapsed. They didn't say a word as their world went black.

Now it had begun.