Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Soliloquies ❯ Omi does a Sherlock Holmes ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Omi does a Sherlock Holmes

 

Oh dear. If I had known that the team in red was going to lose today, I would've just faked a high temperature and let Ken go to the game by himself. Oh well, we can't undo actions done, now can we? Like that… man in stripes calling that goal uncounted or something… sheesh, I don't even know a fug about soccer and I agreed to watch the game. Well, it wasn't like Yohji would've gone instead, I mean he gave the tickets to Ken, so if he wanted to watch, well, he would've just asked Ken instead of giving both tickets to the guy. Plus, knowing Yohji, he would rather watch the game on the television anyway. And like Aya's going to accompany Ken (cue: roll my eyes). Well, Ken didn't really force me or anything; he would've taken a potted cactus with him as long as he got to go. But Ken's been getting into a lot of fights lately, this football season, so I thought I should at least tag along to make sure he doesn't get into another pointless fight about a `red card'.

 

"Ken-kun, wait!"

 

Well isn't that nice, just because he's got longer legs he thinks it's okay to just walk a faster pace and not wait up for me. See, this is why some people think he's a jerk- because he is one. Well, a jerk when he's really mad. I mean, I'm not saying that he's always a jerk, it's just that he's so absorbed in his anger he doesn't mind other people. Oh listen to me go off like this, holding conversations in my head and dallying while Aya and Yohji must be at each other's throats and extremely hungry.

 

(KEN)

 

Fucking idiot of a referee, doesn't know a goal even if it bit him on the ass. Damn it, why aren't they practicing their butts off? Doesn't the championship mean anything to them? Don't they care for their fans? What the hell's happening, just because they're being paid obscene amounts of money they get to just fuck around and let down everybody else?

 

(OMI)

 

Oops, there he goes, barging into the shop, not minding almost knocking down a befuddled looking Yohji and a strawberry ice cream eating Aya… strawberry… Aya? Wait…

 

"Yohji-kun, Aya-kun…"

"Oh, hey Omi. What's wrong with Ken?"

"Ah, well, the team he was rooting for lost the match earlier." I shrugged, Yohji made a face, and Aya… well… ate his ice cream. "Did you guys have lunch yet?"

"Yeah, well…" Yohji stammered, looking away. Why is he acting as if he's embarrassed? Hmm.

"We already did, actually, in this great little restaurant Yohji-kun recommended. He even bought me an ice-cream cone." Aya said, out of the blue, with a small smile on his face and the ice cream cone in his hand. Yohji's head whipped round and stared at Aya as if the latter was some alien or something.

"Uh, yeah… yeah… I…I didn't think you enjoyed lunch…"

"Well, actually I did."

"But you didn't eat much, and… and you didn't talk the whole time…"

"I'm not a big eater Yohji-kun."

"Well, I know that… I mean, you know, living with you and such."

 

So they kept on chattering there, completely ignoring me (as usual), Yohji stammering occasionally and digging his hands deeper into his jeans pockets, Aya answering calmly and looking as if he enjoyed the conversation, smiling at Yohji now and then (at which point Yohji would stammer again).

 

"Yeah, well, I'm going in guys!" I said out loud, waving my left hand up in the air for good measure. Yohji absentmindedly looked my way and said "uh" (how nice) and Aya giving me a little bow of the head before turning back to Yohji. Well… I went inside the shop, making a beeline for the kitchen and ransacking the refrigerator. Something's up, I muse as I munch on a donut.

 

Something's up with those two. Yohji-kun never stammers… well, almost always. He's such a smooth talker, he'd likely tell you some white lie or an outrageous yarn and makes you believe it's true without too much effort when he's in a tight fit. It's not that he's a compulsive liar, what I'm saying is that you can't outfox him. And if you do indeed catch him, he'll say something witty and you'll forget you ever caught him slipping up. He's charming in that way. What I don't get is that Yohji-kun just gave Ken-kun tickets to a football game out of the blue. Now he's not a miser, he's actually very generous with gifts (I always get the present I really want from him, Aya-kun gives the most surprising- in the sense that you don't know how he knew and you didn't know you were wanting such gift until he gave it to you- and to my opinion well thought-of, and Ken-kun… well… he gives you socks). But he even offered to take the morning shift with Aya-kun today just so Ken can go to the game. Plus there's no occasion. He just held up the two tickets with a grin, Ken-kun went nuts, and it was history. For some strange reason, he was eager to get the shift, I think.

 

And then there's Aya-kun. There was this one night he looked so… "pissed-off" (excuse the term) and was brooding the next day, then the day after next, he was fine. And by fine I mean normal-kind-of-fine, not Aya-kind-of-fine- you know, actually acknowledging the other sentient beings in the building (namely us) and giving normal looks instead of killer glares. And now, on a Saturday, he actually went out to lunch with Yohji-kun and ate an ice cream… a strawberry flavored one at that. I mean… you don't equate sweet, fluffy strawberry ice cream to killer glare brooding Aya-kun (I'm sorry, Aya-kun, but it's true!). AND they were… I mean ARE holding a conversation- CIVIL conversation- just outside the shop. For the whole outside world to see… well that was an exaggeration, but you know, what with Aya-kun so cautious to everyone else (including us) and both acting as if the long unsold and overgrown potted cactus is a better conversationalist than the other (what is it with that cactus that I keep mentioning it?).

 

Hmm… the plot thickens.