Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Soliloquies ❯ Miracles DO come true! ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You see, Aya can't smile without Yohji
 
Somehow I get this feeling that Aya just can't smile without Yohji around.
 
Yeah, Aya actually smiles… well he does, nowadays. But his smiles seem exclusively for that blonde. Well, not like an Omi-saccharine smile. Or a cocky one like Yohji's. But… as much a smile as Aya can- stretching of the facial muscles…Actually a lifting of one end of the mouth minus the evil glare. You know, when someone feels wistful or bemused kind of smile. And hey, it's great to know that he's not actually a robot-programmed-to-kill (because, to my opinion, robots can't smile because they have no genuine feelings… I deduced as much from those various robot-plotted movies) planted in our team to test for future possibilities, but I kinda get miffed by the fact that he treats Yohji differently from me an' Omi. You know, we're his teammates too. And flat mates. And co-workers. Damn it, we even share the same toilet! Anyway, he could at least extend the acknowledgement of life to us two. Okay, so I punched the lights out of him when we first met (I can't even remember why I did that). But, come on, the first person you'll warm up to in our group would have been Omittchi. So why Yohji? That's what baffles me. Is it because their ages are nearer? He would sooner keel over and die before talking to Yohji by the way he treated the older man before. Now it's like… “good morning”, “have you eaten?”, “oh I know a good restaurant…”… I mean, he almost never ate with the rest of us before and now its lunch dates with Yohji-KUN? -Kun?! Not Kudou, not moron, not blonde moron, but Yohji with a -kun! What's up with that?!
 
I am genuinely happy for him for being able to develop social graces. Seriously. Now Omi and I are keeping tab on his everyday development, and we're just smiling bewilderedly. But after it was apparent that it's a development solely geared towards Yohji… well it's just plain weird! Like he had a crush on him or something…
 
Well… that's a thought…
 
We don't expect him to change THAT suddenly.
 
Maybe… nah… nope. Too far-fetched.
 
But he did prove us wrong about him these past weeks.
 
It's that he just hates Omi an' me- which is the easier reason to accept- or
 
He really does have a thing for Yohji.
 
 
 
Good lord.
 
 
Pigs somehow do fly… biology lessons aside
 
Goodness I wasn't the only one noticing the changes. Well, you know how Ken can get so insensitive to surroundings… but I guess a smiling, conversing, and wardrobe-changing Aya-kun can get anyone's attention. Now, he wears colored shirts (because black and white are not considered colors, mind you), even message-tees that are so popular nowadays, like some of those Yohji-kun wears. I guess he's wearing off of him, what with all the time they spend together and all. And he owns pairs of jeans- the good-fitting kind. And sneakers (smiles broadly in his head)… Aya-kun could try out to be a model!
 
And he's not so picky with food anymore. He tries out anything we have served, which is good, because now he can develop the immune system towards food that could only be described as three guys' attempt at cooking! Plus, he even cooked for us one time, and he's been cooking ever since, which is better, because he's great at it! Sukiyaki galore!!! Goodbye burnt noodles! Well, not really a definitive goodbye, because Ken-kun, Yohji-kun and I are still trying our hands at cooking, because we don't want Aya-kun to be doing the cooking alone. Funny, but every time Yohji-kun cooks, Aya-kun's there supervising him while Ken-kun and I are left to our own devices… And Aya-kun's taken to using Yohji-kun's mug (which everyone knows is his, I remember) now and then. And he's a real hand in the chores, because he has taken the task of grocery-shopping, since he's the one who knows how to cook (finally admitting, after those years of barely passable food shoved down our mouths! Maybe that's why I'm not my age's supposed height…).
 
He even watches with us borrowed videos from the video store down the street, although his choices tend to run to lengthy, serious, foreign films (Schi…Schindler's piece of paper… or something). Plus pizza! He no longer goes to his room hours before we do. And now, he's not so grumpy like before! Well, I bet he's unhappy that being un-grumpy makes the regular costumers (read: school girls) double their number, but then again, business has never been better.
 
Even Yohji-kun's changing. So he's constantly by Aya-kun's side, right? And talking with him, although what they talk about, I still wonder, because they have yet to include me and Ken in it. And driving him to the grocery store. And taking shifts with him. And his smiles reach his eyes now, unlike that… unhappy state he got into months before. And he stays at home some nights now, unlike before when he'd go out at 9 and come back at 6 the next day, each night drunken worse than before… and there was this one time I saw him tiptoeing towards Aya-kun's room… and going about Aya-kun's laundry in the laundry room… but you didn't hear it from me, right?
 
 
 
 
 
a/n: okay, okay, I know, hazy timeline. Sorry. And besides, you can't have Aya change that much overnight. Hehe, well… this is all I got. In a slump right now. So I resorted to uploading another fic I've had stashed away before to while away the slump. I can't seem to write with their voices in my head anymore- I mean, I no longer feel the character whose point of view I'm writing. Ken's got the short end of the stick, unfortunately. They now all sound like a single author writing a fanfiction. Argh.
 
 
Well, anyway, reviews reviews reviews!
 
I get a kick out of reading reviews, hehe.
 
GreyWing, sorry if this chap will kinda fall flat of your expectation. The story somehow got away from me, and I'm having a hard time getting it back. But hey, the chap was about mixed signals, not just between Aya and Yohji, but with Omi and Ken as well. Hehe. Is Ken homophobic? Well, athletes do take showers together… haha!
MikaSamu, I'll try to keep it coming, and I'm happy you enjoyed the ice cream thing.
`me'- got the chapters to get a bit longer…
Mikiya, Yohji/Aya pairing's just about the only Weiss pairing I ever write about… hehe. I guess that mug-swapping scene was the best idea I incorporated in the story so far, after the “Yohji wants to kill Aya” idea.