Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ zelos ❯ home ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

zelos

by myka

chapter 7

Warnings! Some swearing.

A/N: Three more weeks until the end of the semester. Sound and photography are killing my free time. But I love every second of it.

It was three in the morning and we were being kicked out of the pub. The streets where desolated, not a soul in sight, the perfect time for a mugging. Poor of the mugger who decides to rob us. I wanted to go home already, I was tired, and the painkillers had worn off, so my shoulder hurt like hell. The first problem was that I drank a little too much in order to forget the pain. The second problem was that me and the redhead still had things to discuss. Schuldig and I had to design a system in which we could avoid the Oracle's visions; and it was taking a lot of time. It had been his idea by the way; because it was mainly his problem; I just had to lie to my team. The thought lingered in my mind 'lie to my team' and for that second it didn't sound bad to me; just amusing. I think I'm drunk.

"So my place or yours?" Schuldig suddenly said. I glared at him. "Neither."

"But we need to plan this. I'm not wasting a single second of the two months I have." He was drunker than I was. I doubted he was thinking what the consequences of his words could be. And still the idea didn't sound so extreme.

Along the way we found a bar that was still open. "How about here?" I asked. He nodded and we walked in; neither of us putting much forethought to it. It just seemed like a good plan at the time. We sat down and ordered a few drinks. For some reason I thought that drinking wasn't a good idea, but I just couldn't figure out why. All I knew was that my shoulder hurt and that those drinks made it go away.

~~~

I woke to the sound of very loud, very annoying endless knocking on my door. "I'm up!"

The doorknob clicked locked as someone tried to open the door. Funny I don't remember locking it; hell I don't remember much after we left the pub. Had I drank too much?

"You know the rules Yohji!" It was Aya, "No locked doors after eleven a.m." and he was screaming. "Did you bring a date last night? You know you're not supposed to bring girls back here."

I sat up in my bed, swiping the covers away and putting my feet over the bed towards the floor. "I did not bring anyone here Aya! Just give me a second to unlock the door." I step on the floor and stood up. Aya could really be a pain in the ass sometimes; all this homey rules we had to live by. I knew better than to bring people over; rule number one in Fujimiya's rulebook. I knew better than to reveal our base of operations and sleeping quarters to strangers.

I gave two firm steps forward, before my feet found something in their path. I fell face first towards the floor, placing my hands up against my chest instinctively to break my fall. There was a loud thud followed by me cursing and Aya asking what the hell the noise was. I didn't answer him, because at that second no words were capable of coming out of my mouth.

Schuldig was on my floor, by my bed, sleeping. My feet over his stomach where I had stumbled. Oh, shit.

My eyes went wide…there goes rule number one. I heard knocking again, harder this time. "What the hell's going on in there, Yohji? You have thirty seconds to open the door or I'm breaking in!"

Big, Oh, shit.

I rushed to my feet not really knowing what I was going to do. So I did what first came to mind. I grabbed Schuldig by the shoulders and pulled him up from the floor. He woke instantly, but by the look on his face I knew he was still trying to figure out where the hell was he and what the hell was going on as I dragged him across the room and push him inside the bathroom, closing the door behind him. I didn't have time to think of anything else as I went an opened the door for Aya.

Aya glared at me with murder in his eyes. To say he was angry was an understatement. "Why was your door locked Yohji?" I shrugged looking as natural as I possibly could at the moment. "I must have locked it by accident last night." He glared at me; of course he didn't believe me. "I need to borrow something from your bathroom" he said quickly, changing the subject.

I opened my mouth to say no, but a 'no' might make him believe that something was up. And something was up. Schuldig was hiding in my bathroom…why the hell didn't I choose the closet. "What do you need?" I asked.

"A towel" he bit out; if rocks could talk.

I bet he didn't need no damn towel, he just wanted to see if there was someone hiding in there. Just great.

I walked towards the bathroom to get the towel, if I got it for him he didn't need to go in himself.

"Shower, now!" I screamed the thought; he had to hear me. He just had to. I opened the door wide, letting Aya see that there was nobody there. The shower curtain blocked the tub. I grabbed the nearest towel and walked back towards Aya, leaving the door still open.

"Here" I said dryly. He snatched the towel from my hands. "Your shift starts in twenty minutes." I nodded and closed the door behind him, locking it again. I probably should've left the door unlocked but I still had to get rid of a certain Schwarz member. If Aya found the door locked again he would be very suspicious, but it would be worse if someone came in and saw Schuldig. I had to risk it.

I glanced at the bathroom and saw the door closed. I frowned as I went to open it. The door was locked.

I took a deep breath and tried hard not to yell. "Schuldig open the door" I've been awake barely five minutes and I've already pretty much broken every single rule in the household. I heard the door unlocking but it didn't open. I grabbed the doorknob and opened the door.

Schuldig stood over the sink, hands on both sides of it, his bandana must have been lost somewhere because he wasn't wearing it, which made his orange-red locks fall all over his face. He glanced at me with a serene look on his eyes. I shut the door instantly feeling the heat creep up my face; where the hell was his shirt?

The door opened behind me and I turn to look at him. "Where's your shirt?" I asked blatantly. He blinked and his eyes move up and down my body. He smirked, pointing up and down my body with one of his fingers as he spoke "…said the guy in boxer shorts."

I looked at myself. Dammit. I was to accustomed on being like this in my own place. I went for my closet and picked the first shirt I saw; quickly putting it over my shoulders. It was navy blue and matched perfectly my shorts. "Can I borrow a shirt?" I looked back at Schuldig who stood just four feet from me; he was still smirking and shirtless "Mine seems to be drenched with alcohol for some reason." I grabbed the second shirt I saw; and threw it to him.

"Why the hell are you in my apartment?" He put the shirt on; it fitted him perfectly. "I don't remember…" he said, "maybe we fooled around, who the hell knows."

My jaw dropped, and he laughed. Loudly. My first reaction wasn't anger or irritation; but that he should shut up before someone heard him. I got my hands on yet another shirt and threw it at him with enough force to guarantee that he would concentrate his attention on catching it, instead of laughing his ass off.

It worked like a charm.

"You need to leave now" I said.

"But what about the "avoiding Crawford" plan?" he asked.

"I thought we arranged this last night"

He pressed the fabric of the shirt between his fingers, a nervous gesture perhaps. "Do you remember arranging anything last night?"

I opened my mouth, then thought about it. "I don't remember." I said.

"Me neither" he replied with a grin. It was the way he said it, the look on his face that called my response "You already planned something didn't you?" I asked, sensing my impending doom. He nodded once. "Out with it."

He told me; and it really didn't sound like a bad idea. He knew the Oracle better; how his power worked. "Fine" I said. He looked satisfied.

I went to one of my windows; the one that led to the side of the building. I opened it checking to see if the street was empty. "Leave" I ordered.

He pouted, "It sounds like your kicking me out."

A smile formed on my face, "I am."

"Where are my things?" he asked. I shrugged; why should I know? He browsed through my apartment, looking for his missing stuff. I observed him while he searched, not really feeling like helping. He looked; well normal to say the least; doing all this insignificant but common things.

"Where the fuck are my keys?"

I always have control of the situations I'm in; but watching half his body under my bed as he looked for his keys made me realize that I've lost that control a long time ago. Maybe I should break the deal…

"Thank you"

I looked up; I didn't even notice I had been starring at the floor. "For what?"

"For not telling your teammates about me. You could've easily pretended I attacked you just the same…" He looked…odd, unlike himself. Like he wasn't supposed to look so kind, and still somehow he was. Maybe he heard what I was thinking; maybe that's why he looks so depressed all of a sudden.

Suddenly having him out of my apartment didn't seem significant anymore. "No problem."

He finally found his keys; along with his bandana on the couch and his shoes behind the desk. "I better leave before causing you any trouble." He stopped at the window, his back to me. "I'll see you around."

I gave one step forward. "Tonight?" I blurted the words without realizing it; without thinking. He nodded once, keeping his back to me then step out into the fire escape. "And Yohji…" He turned as he spoke the words. When I saw him he had that malicious smirk I've grown to recognize plastered all over his face. "…remember it was your idea" He let out a laugh; almost a grunt; as he disappeared from my sight.

There were very few times in my life that I've been rendered speechless; this was one of them. But when it came to being messed with, I could honestly say this was a first.

Yep…definitely no control of the situation whatsoever.

~~~

A/N: How was it?