Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ zelos ❯ plan ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

zelos

by myka

chapter 8

A/N: So much time for so little. I had finals. I have a free week until the summer semester starts, so I'll try to write as much as I can before.

The plan was simple enough. At least it sounded simple enough. Pick an area with a limited radius and pick a place inside it. Club, bar, pub, etc… they would rotate, so never the same place on the same day. Some days I would pick the place, other days Schuldig would pick the place. The principle of the plan was: what we didn't know, the Oracle couldn't see. Like I said; it sounded simple enough. But in all honesty I didn't know if it would work.

After all …this was Schuldig's plan, not mine. And I was having a lot of trouble trusting him. That was the main reason why I was picking the place tonight. I chose a club about two miles from the Koneko, lots of people; less danger for me if it was a trap.

I've been here an hour and still no sign of him…figures. I was going to have fun with or without him. I don't remember exactly when I started dancing, but suddenly it was all I could think of. I saw everything like through a mist. The music, my body, others beside me and especially that I didn't have to worry about anything at the moment. Arms wrapped around me like they often do and a chin rested on my shoulder. I threw my head back to place my head against another; something felt amiss. I tried to think about it and my mind just came up blank; right now I breathe for the music.

Then it all disappeared. The feeling, the dancing, the heat.

That's when I became aware of everything and everyone…that's when I noticed all the stares. My partner's body pressed tighter against mine.

"You like the attention kitten?"

I slowly grabbed Schuldig's hands and peeled them from my body before turning around. Emerald orbs glistened in the semi-darkness.

He smirked. "You chose a club right? Don't you want to dance?"

"Not with you"

"But we were doing so well"

I dropped his hands away, shaking my head in disbelief as I left the dance floor. I suddenly felt uncomfortable and confused. It was just dancing, wasn't it? Why did I felt this way?

I left the club with a rush to my pace. A discussion was coming, I could feel it, and I don't think a packed club was the best place for it.

"Where are you going? Do you really care that much what people were thinking?"

Of course I don't

I wasn't handling this well; this was not working at all. The risks where ten times as much as the perks; we are on different sides of the same battle…I should end it.

It was cold outside as I walked farther away from all the noise; he kept following me. I turned around just under a lightpole and I took my first good look at him. He frowned. He knew I would noticed, how couldn't I. It was obvious that he had ended up on the wrong end of a fist.

"Who hit you?" I asked.

"My boss"

"Why?"

"We had a disagreement on me going out tonight" he replied, "he wanted me to stay for a mission briefing and I wanted to leave. That's why I was late."

I blinked "He beats you up if you don't do what he says?"

He shrugged "That's the general rule."

Something inside me shifted and my right hand extended towards him as if moving on its own. My fingers traced the bruise at the side of his face softly and he jumped back at the caring touch like it was fire. I didn't say anything at the reaction. I just couldn't comprehend how someone that cared for him could do this to him; and even more how he could allow it. I sighed inwardly; I wanted to tell him that he shouldn't stand to be hit. But I knew he would just ignore my advice. It was in his nature to do so.

"You should have stayed for the briefing." I said.

Something glittered on his eyes as he let out a soft breath. "Don't worry about me." he said softly.

Two minutes ago I was about too break the deal. Now I want to comfort him. Things really don't ever go as planned. I could still do it; dismissed him into the night; forget about what happened between us…

But standing here, starring at the purple side of his face mixed with his emerald eyes. I knew that was impossible now. And that I was much more involved that I thought I was.

~~~

It's been three weeks. Everyone on my team knows something is up. I used to go out a lot before; but not with such frequency; and certainly never with such enthusiasm before. There was no hiding it. I looked forward with each meeting with Schwarz's telepath.

I went inside the living room where they where all seated. Aya glanced my way for a second, before returning to his book. Sometimes that was worst than actually saying anything. I avoided his eyes.

"Are you going out again tonight?" Ken asked.

I nodded, scrambling for my keys; it was my turn to search tonight.

"Where are you going?" Omi asked in turn.

"Don't know yet" I answered briefly. During the past three weeks I've come up with shorter answers to their questions. The less I talk, less the chance to say something I might later regret.

I hated it. I hated lying to my team; because at the same time I was lying to myself. As I found my keys on top of the television set, I wanted to believe that the meetings with Schuldig where harmless and that I felt nothing for him.

I dug the keys inside one of my back pockets and headed upstairs again; mumbling an approximate hour in which I will get back and ignoring Ken and Omi's protest while I was at it.

~~~

The club was packed; just the same as the previous two I've visited. Third one's the charm. It was easy to spot him; he stood out like a white rose in a sea of red ones. His hair fell all over his face and shoulders, as it was no longer restricted by his bandana. He never wore it whenever we met; I only saw it during missions nowadays. He wore a deep green vest that exposed some of his chest, along with black leather pants that stuck to him like a second skin. He danced; he seemed to be always dancing.

"Yohji!"

I turned at the sound of my name; confusion flooding over me as Omi and Ken's faces came into view.

"What are you doing here?" I asked instantly unable to hide the shock to my voice. A rush of dread rose up my spine, and I suddenly felt very cold.

"Ken and I decided to go out tonight too." Omi answered with a smile "From what we've seen from you, it looks like a lot of fun."

"I was just leaving" I said quickly, turning towards the exit. I have to get them out of here now.

Ken frowned a little. "But you just got here" he said dryly. The second he spoke the words, I knew they had followed me; that they had been following ever since I left the Koneko.

"It's too crowded, I like quieter places" I lied. Five more minutes and they would have seen me with him. Omi nodded and that was my queu.

I started to leave and Omi followed me, but Ken never moved. Omi stopped dead on his tracks.

"What's wrong Ken?" he asked, returning to his side.

No, no, no…

I rush back to where Ken was standing. It was only four steps; but they felt like an eternity. The first thing I noticed was the looks on their faces. Omi's didn't say anything; but Ken's…Ken's face showed a silent rage that was slowly but surely taking over him. His mouth opened and words came out of it, and I heard them loud and clear; like the music didn't exist.

"Mastermind"

~~~