Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ zelos ❯ choice ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

zelos

by myka

chapter 9

A/N: I told you I would take advantage of my free time. ^-^

The shit had hit the fan. And everything was about to blow right on my face. Both Ken and Omi had seen Schuldig in one of the places that we were supposed to meet. Ken moved forward and I instantly snatched his shoulder, stopping him.

"What are you doing Ken?" I asked.

He glared at me "What does it look like?" he spat at me "I'm going to kill the bastard." He tried advancing again; but I kept a firm hold on him. "What do you mean kill him?" I said back, keeping the cool to my voice "There are dozens of innocent people around if you haven't noticed."

Omi joined me by Ken's other side. "He's right Ken, take it easy. I want to get him as much as you do, but we need a plan."

I trembled. They were talking murder, and talking about it like it was nothing. It bothered me; and it shouldn't have. This is what we did for a living. I was an assassin too…and I cared for my target. That was the truth. In just three weeks Schuldig had managed to reach a point with me in which I would grieve if he died; twice as much if I had to kill him. The thought had cross my mind; as long as I was Weiss and he was Schwarz; killing was always a possibility. I just never expected it to actually happened; never so soon.

"He's not a listed as a target" I said with a little hope.

"He's Schwarz Yohji" Ken said in his matter of fact voice. "I don't think we need an official authorization to dispose of Schwarz"

Dispose?! Did I sound like that? Like he was nothing. I kept telling myself I could do it. That if it came to him or me in fight; that I would chose me.

But I've been lying to myself. I've been lying to myself this hole time.

I can't do it. I just can't kill him. Not without a reason.

"Let's go outside before he sees us." Omi said, pulling Ken and myself out of the heat of the club and into the cold night. Once outside Omi looked around and I knew he was planning something in his head. Ken didn't speak; I think he was too angry to speak. And me…I just couldn't think straight right now.

"This way" Omi ordered as he walked away from the crowd in front of the club. He turned around in the next corner and into an alley, where he found a small flight of stairs. He started up them as Ken and I followed. We ended up on the roof of the club.

"There are two exits to this place" Omi said after he had checked the entire structure. "The main entrance and a small exit by the alley. Ken and I left our weapons at home; did you bring your watch Yohji?"

I blinked and stared at him. Suddenly I could think. "Yes"

This was my chance. "I'll guard the exit on the alley since I'm the only one who has a weapon."

Omi froze while he thought over what I had just said; finally nodding after a few seconds. He spoke. "Then Ken and I will guard the main entrance; whomever spots him first tells the others."

Ken and I nodded; then I headed towards the area above the alleyway exit. I had a fifty-fifty chance that Schuldig would use the less crowded exit. I was betting he would leave alone and that he would chose this exit in order to avoid the crowds. We always left alone… I hoped I knew him as well as I thought.

~~~

I stop counting how long it's been a long time ago; I got tired after two hours. He was waiting for me and I wasn't coming; how long was he going to wait? I've been trying to communicate with him ever since this whole mess started. But so far I've had zero luck; there were just too many people in the damn club. Too many distractions; too much noise.

"Schuldig can you hear me…Schu…"

"Any luck Yohji?"

I looked over my shoulder to find Omi. "Nope" I answered. "You?"

"Nothing; Ken's starting to get worried that he might have escaped."

I let out a small grunt. "Tell him he's getting paranoid."

He laughed softly. They hadn't put two and two together; the way Omi laughed, that's what it told me. They hadn't figured it out yet. Probably because the idea was so beyond normal thought. And some part of me was happy because of that.

"I will" Omi said, still smiling. He sighed, "I didn't think he would take this long, we could have called Aya."

An image appeared on my head at the words. Filled with blood, Aya's katana, and dead emerald eyes. "I think we can handle this on our own." I said.

He smiled again, nodding. "Don't forget to call when you see him."

"Yeah…" I replied softly as he walked off to join Ken once again.

I sighed, releasing whatever tension I had. I didn't want to be here anymore; I didn't even have a plan.

The door below me opened with a long screechy sound, which I could barely hear. Most likely one of the endless couples I've been spotting all night; or maybe someone just going out for a smoke. It was neither. I instantly recognized the wild flame hair and the clothes he had been wearing when I saw him a while ago.

"Schuldig!"

I could see him looking around, obviously confused. "Yohji? Is that you? Where are you? Why didn't you meet me?"

"Ken and Omi followed me, they saw you, they…they…"

"Where are you Yohji?!" he was anxious; I could tell. How were we going to get out of this?

"On the roof" I thought exasperatedly, not wanting to lose precious seconds. "They want to kill you Schu"

He turned around and looked up; and I could see him frowning at me. "Why are you telling me this? Why are you warning me?"

What?

I frowned back, not caring if he could see me or not, not caring for anything right now anymore. "Because I…I"

"Baka! You're not suppose to care about me"

"What are you talking about?" Now it was my turn to be anxious.

"Who is going to kill me?" He's changing the subject. We don't have time for this!

"I'm the only one who is armed." I answered quickly. Right now I needed him to understand. "I can't kill you Schu"

"Baka…"

I glared at him. "Stop calling me stup…"

"Attack me!" I blinked.

"What?"

"Attack me!" he ordered again.

"I can't…"

"Just do it!" he screamed in my head, then softer, almost a whisper"…trust me."

He was asking me to trust him. He already knew I cared about him and that it was hard for me to kill him; but trust…

I threw my wire at him, I was supposed to warn Omi and Ken the second I saw him. But all I could think of was that I couldn't kill him. Besides; he was no danger to my teammates right now.

He raised his left hand into air and the wire wrapped around it instantly with a sound I've grown to recognize all too well. Instinct took over me and I pulled; tensing the lethal cable. He smiled at me just before grabbing the tense wire with his free hand and pulling at it with force. Before I could understand what was going on I was already on my one way trip down to the concrete floor. My body hit the floor with force and my ribs screamed in pain; I could hear Ken and Omi's cries in the distance. They had finally noticed. Hands quickly snatched my shoulders dragging me to my feet. I felt the warm pressing of his forehead against my own and I met Schuldig's gaze as he smirked at me softly. For that second, I couldn't breath.

"You're late kitten"

He turned me around before I could reply, grabbing my neck with his right hand as he released his left one free of my wire. I could hear Omi's and Ken's footsteps coming from the roof, they were calling my name.

Once Schuldig was free of the wire, he squeezed my throat a little with his right hand at the same time that he used his left one to grapple both my hands behind my back; trapping them between our bodies. I could feel the brush of his lips against my ear.

"Now scream for me Yohji"

~~~

A/N: I know, I know. I'm bad. Yeah…Comments please.