Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ zelos ❯ wire ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

zelos

by myka

chapter 10

A/N: Thanks for all the reviews. I'll try not to be so evil again. But I can't promise anything ^-^

I screamed.

I screamed just like he told me too; just the same as if he would have stabbed me in the back. And maybe he had…

I couldn't help but feel betrayed as he squeezed my throat.

"Just play along Yohji" he ordered. Hmph…so much for that thought.

I struggle a bit, noticing that he was really keeping a good hold on me. "You don't have to play so rough."

He let out a small laughed and he didn't have to say anything else; I knew exactly what he was thinking. Pervert.

"Yohji!"

I looked up to see Ken and Omi leaning over the ledge where I was once standing. Schuldig squeezed tighter.

"One more step Weiss, and I'll snap his neck!" Omi and Ken froze on the spot. I could see Ken had his fist closed and that he was cursing under his breath. Omi looked restless.

"Your pressing to tight, Schu…It's a little hard to breathe"

He ignored me. "Sorry to spoil your little plan, Weiss. But I plan to stay very much alive tonight"

"How did you know?" Omi exclaimed.

"I'm a telepath, you moron! What did you expect?"

"Let Yohji go Mastermind!" Ken screamed.

I could practically see his face twist at the name.

"I'd rather not! I seem to be in the need of some insurance right now"

"Put him down right now!" Ken ordered again. I heard Schuldig smirking.

"I think I rather take him with me" he replied. He pressed the side of his face against mine as soon as he spoke the words moving his fingers lightly across the skin on my neck at the same time.

What?

"You're not taking Yohji anywhere!" It was Omi's turned to yell.

Schuldig laughed, "I don't think you're in much of a position to be demanding things Weiss." He spat at them. "Do not follow me! I'll kill him the second I sense you behind me!"

"Schu…what are you doing?"

Schuldig shifted his position, letting my hands go as he reached for the still hanging wire from my watch with unbelievable speed. He let go of my neck; quickly replacing it with my own wire with one swift turn around my neck, grabbing both ends with his hands and pulling tight.

I gagged, quickly raising my hands towards the wire at my throat, trying to grasp it. I heard Ken screaming.

"Schuldig! Don't you dare cut my air supply! Schuldig!"

My voice was ignored as blotches of black appeared over my eyes. I cursed myself for trusting him, because with that, I had given him a license to do whatever he wanted with me. As my world darkened I came to the realization that under the emotion of the moment; the last word I spoke; his name…I had said his name out loud; for all the world to hear.

I tried to breath; but nothing filled my lungs and I entered my worst nightmare. I panicked.

I tried to hit him; anything as long as he let go of me. I just wanted him to stop choking me. But I was too weak already; my lungs were empty.

"Schu…please…" I managed to plead, just before the darkness swallowed me.

~~~

I opened my eyes slowly, tentatively. Afraid of what I might see when I did.

It was a room; nothing special about it. Just a closet, a window, a small dresser across from me with a lamp on top of it and the bed I was in. The room was dark; the only light came from the small lamp. I reached out for my watch, I needed something to lean on, but it was gone. I tried getting up, but my ribs wouldn't let me. I winced at the pain and quickly reached out to feel bandages under my shirt. My whole body felt numb. I laid on my side, starring at the lone lamp. A door opened and light poured inside the room; quickly disappearing once the door was closed. Footsteps came closer; and a figure appeared in front of me.

"Want some coffee?" Schuldig said as he leaned down so he could make eye contact, offering a mug of the liquid. I frowned at him. "Where am I?"

"My room" he answered.

I tried sitting up again and suddenly he was there to help me. I had the urge to shrug him off. I didn't want him touching me. But I needed his help if I wanted to sit up straight. Once sitting I took the mug from his hand and took a sip; instantly feeling better and regaining some of the strength that I needed for what I wanted to do.

He smiled weakly at me and I smiled back just before I threw my fist around, hitting him right in the middle of his face.

He stumbled back and fell to the floor; a look of pure shock plain on his face.

I instantly forgot the pain; overwhelmed by what I've just done. I stood up and fell on top of him trying desperately to wrap my hands around his throat. I was soo angry with him.

"Damn you! How dare you choke me with my own wire!"

He fought back, immediately gaining the upper hand and I soon found myself on the floor with my hands pinned above my head.

"Get off me!" I yelled and he instantly covered my mouth with his hand, I noticed there was a damp cloth wrapped around it.

"Shut up!" he spat. "Before you wake everybody up!"

Dammit!

He was right; I hated that he was right; the least thing I needed right now was the rest of Schwartz storming inside the room.

"Get-off-me" I said again with much emphasis. He let go and stood up, heading towards the closet. I kept my eyes on him as I sat back up. He opened the closet wide and pulled a small red toolbox out. He kept ignoring me as he sat down on the bed; the only spot to sit in the room; and opened the small toolbox. The box was a first aid kit. I stood up, feeling some of the anger being replaced with concern, as he unwrapped the rough bandages around both his hands. I saw him wince, and the wounds on his hands were exposed. Twin lines right across both palms; the end result of using my weapon inexperienced and without gloves. He ignored the alcohol and went straight to grab a clean bandage to wrap around his hands again.

I snatched his right hand and he raised his emerald eyes to look at me.

"Don't you even know how to appropriately use a first aid kit?" I asked mockingly, sitting down beside him. I grabbed the alcohol, opened it and poured some of it on the wound on his right palm, not warning him that it would sting.

He clenched his teeth and I felt a little better already. I did the same with his other hand and finally wrapped them both with clean bandages.

"Thanks" he muttered after I was done.

"Your welcome" I muttered back.

He closed the toolbox then grabbed my shirt as he tried to get it off me.

"Hey!"

He stopped and looked at me with the calmest look he could have. "What are you doing?" I asked a little bemused. "You're going home aren't you?" he asked softly.

"Yeah" I answered. He smiled again. "Don't you think it would be weird that your enemy tended to your wounds?"

He had a point. "I think I can take my own shirt off." I said.

Schuldig started removing the bandages slowly as I held my shirt up and my pulse sped up every time his fingers grazed my bare skin.

"What are you doing to me?" I asked without thinking.

"What are you doing to me?" he asked back, touching skin again.

"What am I doing to you?" My voice was low, just above a whisper. He touched me again and spoke; his voice held something I couldn't quite place. "Why do you make me want to touch you?"

"Stop" I whispered to deaf ears.

"I like you Yohji"

"You're not so bad yourself" I replied.

"I don't think you understood me" he said moving closer.

He placed both hands above my hips and leaned towards me. For a second I didn't know what he was doing; then it all came very clear to me.

He was going to kiss me!

I woke from whatever dazed I've been in; and quickly grabbed his shoulders and pushed him away just before he had the chance to lock his lips with my own.

The look on his face…he looked hurt. I didn't know what to say to him.

I finished removing the bandages myself and stood up from the bed. I didn't have the nerve to talk to him right now; I couldn't even make eye contact. "Where does that window lead to?" I inquired.

"A street" he answered softly. I went to the window and opened it easily. I stopped in mid-turn and swallowed hard, making a decision. "Whose turn is it tomorrow?" I asked. He raised his head slowly and he didn't look so hurt anymore. "It's your turn."

"Around eleven?"

Something between a smile and a grin played on his face. "Allright."

I started going out the window. "See you tomorrow then Schu." I said, leaving down the fire escape.

~~~

It was chaos at the Koneko. And I mean that literally. Omi and Ken wanted to know every little detail that had happened. I kept telling the same story over and over. I had woken up in an alley and rushed back home.

Kritiker had called a medic to check up on me, who proceeded to tell me that besides a few bruises and lacerations, that I was fine. I already knew that. The act had been flawless and I had the marks to prove it. Afterwards I had to make a report on the incident. That; I hated. The lies involving me didn't bother me so much anymore; what bothered me was that Ken had decided to help me with the damn thing at the last minute and the report had ended portraying Schuldig as this cold-blooded thing that was out to get me. I really hated it.

Aya looked detached from everything that was happening. That worried me. After Schuldig's little show I could sense how Ken and Omi weren't that suspicious of my activities anymore. But Aya…I could feel it in his stare; he still knew I was doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing.

I tried to shrug it off; Aya was Aya. Besides…I had more troubling matters at hand. Like the fact that Schuldig had tried to kiss me.

I didn't know what troubled me most; that he might try it again or that if I would stop him when he did.

~~~

A/N: See, no evilness here…I think. I got stuck babysitting so ch11 is pretty much already finished; it just needs a little cooperation and creativity boost from my part. But I'm pretty sure I can have it ready during the week if my summer class doesn't claim all of my time.