Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ zelos ❯ dance ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

zelos

by myka

chapter 11

A/N: My class started and between homework's I finished. Yay!

The two months are almost up. There have been no more incidents since the Ken and Omi disaster. I feel anxious. Like there's a big chunk of myself that I've lost.

Schuldig hasn't even tried to get close to me since that one time in his apartment. At the beginning it brought relief just because I didn't have to deal with that issue.

Like I said…at the beginning. Now…

I am not attracted to men…hmph; maybe if I repeat it ten times to myself I'll believe it. But if it's not attraction, then what is it? I feel something for him and I know that whatever feelings I've developed for the Schwarz telepath went beyond friendship. I just didn't know what I felt.

We meet again tonight. We always seemed to be going to bars or clubs; I want something different. I just need to find out how I feel. I suggest a restaurant and he agrees. The only problem is that we are not speaking much to each other lately. Maybe it's instinct; how we both now that by this time next week the deal would have ended. He sits across from me and orders some strange meal I've never heard before. We don't talk, we don't even look at each other, and it's killing me inside.

I sigh.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I ask out of the blue. He looks up from his drink. "Uh?"

"Are you all right Schuldig?"

"Fine" he answered in a low voice "I just…" he sighed, then swallowed hard. "Do you want to go see a movie?"

I blinked. A little surprised with myself that I didn't immediately say no. I'd brought the dinner idea; he'd brought the movie idea. It wasn't lost on me how much the entire night resemble…well…resemble a date.

"Why not?" I answered.

The movie was worst than the dinner; I've never felt so jittery in my life. Not even on my first date. At one point my fingers accidentally touched his and he reacted as if disgusted by them. He thinks I don't notice; maybe he's been reading my head all night even though we agreed he wouldn't. The night was a complete and total disaster.

And I still wasn't clear on how I felt about him.

~~~

"Are you going to break up with your girlfriend or something?" I turned to look at Ken and his odd question as I finished with the last of the dishes.

"Girlfriend?" I asked back.

"You look like your dreading something" he said.

"Yeah, something" I muttered.

"Well; I know it's not any of my business, but…" There's always a 'but' isn't it. "But…I wouldn't do it if I were you."

I didn't understand what he was trying to say. "Wouldn't do what?"

"Break up" he answered. "This girl makes you happy, don't break up with her." I smiled a bit; leave it to Ken to assume that whatever's bothering me has to do with a girl.

"Thanks, I'll take that in mind." I said as he left the kitchen with a smile on his face.

Ken was right; I was dreading something. The two months end tonight. After tonight Schuldig and I will go back to making our teams our first priority; back to despising each other.

I finished the last of the dishes and turn to get ready for tonight. I was met with Omi's blue eyes.

He spoke. "Sorry I overheard, I didn't mean to."

"Don't worry, it's nothing anyway" I started to leave, but Omi wouldn't let me pass.

"I think Ken's right" he suddenly blurted out. I stood there without moving and let him talk. "You're happier; whomever this person is, you like being with them, but…"

I couldn't help myself. "But what?"

"I feel there's something missing or wrong about all of it" he said.

You got that right chibi.

"I think you love this person Yohji" he suddenly blurted out.

That took me by surprise. Love? Love?!

First things first. "But my friend's a guy Omi" I said.

His smile never wavered, "So?"

What?

"What do you mean so?" I asked bewildered.

He sighed. "Do you love him in the same way you love us?"

I thought about it. I mean, I really thought about it. "No…" I finally whispered.

I slumped on the first chair I saw, quickly resting my elbows on top of the table and covering my opened mouth with my left hand as the realization dawned on me.

I felt affection for the telepath. Maybe not strong enough to be consider love, but affection it was. How did this happen? And why aren't I freaking out?

We were both men and enemies and none of it mattered. To the point were it was obvious to everyone except him and me. This is why I am anxious; this is why I am dreading tonight.

I finally speak after what seemed like an eternity. "But it's complicated."

"It's complicated only when you want it to be, Yohji-kun."

I opened my mouth to say that he was wrong and found that my voice had left me.

Omi smiled at me. "Goodnight Yohji"

I stood there slightly speechless as Omi walked up the stairs.

"Goodnight…"

~~~

The club was packed as Schuldig and I walked inside. We had met outside; not caring for the risks that implied. I kept my thoughts busy with silly things like what song I would like to dance to and what drink I was going to order. Anything; as long as it kept me from thinking about my feelings for him.

Yes, he had tried to kiss me a little over a month ago. But afterwards he had avoided any touch like the plague. I just plain didn't know how he felt now. The music roared and it filled my every sense, overpowering me, consuming me. I had this sudden urge to grab Schuldig and pull him towards me. I wanted to hold him, to feel his body close to mine…but I didn't.

The second we entered a girl walked towards us. She clutched to Schuldig as she whispered something in his ear, he grinned at her and before I knew it she was dragging him off to the dance floor, abandoning me in the process.

"Hey…"

"Don't worry playboy, it's not you, she just has a thing for foreigners" His mental voice sounded so distanced. I knew that once on the dance floor he would hear only the music.

Playboy?

Schuldig had obviously misinterpreted my gloominess and envy. He was reading me. Liar.

It's not her I want anymore Schu…

I was jealous. Damm it.

I see them danced, surrounded by a mass of bodies. Is this how we were going to spend our last night of the deal; distancing ourselves even more from each other? I can't take it. There's something tearing me up inside. I remember only once before feeling this way.

Damm it all, damm it all to hell. I am tired of thinking about this in a rational matter.

I sneaked my way around the dance floor. He will never see me coming.

At one point during the song he raises both hands up into the air. I see my opportunity and managed to snatch his right hand in midair from behind. He recognized my touch in a second and I could feel as a long gasp left his lips.

"What are you doing Yohji?"

"What does it look like?" I replied as I wrapped my other hand around his stomach pulling him closer to me. He trembled.

"Are you guys a couple or something?" I opened my eyes to find the girl that had snatched him away. I glared at her. "Leave" I said with a drop of anger to my voice. She glared back at me before finally giving up and leaving in a huff.

"What are you doing Yohji?" he asked again, now with a little panic. I lowered down both our hands from midair, never letting go. I pulled his body even closer as I sniffed the scent of his hair. It smelled good. If this was our last night, I was going to take as much as I could until he pushed me away.

I expected it; some form of rejection; some type of mental attack that would force me to release him. But it never came.

I started moving to the slowly rising beat of the music and he followed my lead. He raised his remaining free hand and wrapped it around my neck. We got closer as if making up for all that time we've wasted.

The music slowed down to an almost pause and so did I. Schuldig turn his head to look at me, I was pretty sure he was wondering why I had paused, when everyone else just kept dancing. My heart beat against my chest in a frantic rhythm and I knew he could feel it; just as much as I felt his own heartbeat.

I could see it in his eyes, the longing, the uncertainty, he was afraid of something. I tried reassuring him as I placed my forehead on his, matching emerald with my own green.

He trembled again, which sent shivers down my spine; the good kind.

"Yohji…"

I kissed him. A soft brush of lips first, quickly transforming into something much deeper. He doesn't push me away. I hold him closer, as much as I possibly can. I don't want to let go right now.

I finally broke the kiss and starred at him. Waiting…

He disengaged himself from my hold, and for that second I was afraid. Afraid of rejection; afraid that he would laugh at my face and leave me there. He turned his body around, now we were facing each other. I couldn't read his face. I hoped he couldn't read mine.

He suddenly wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me in. Our lips met again and it was wondrous. This time it wasn't light, it was like for that moment he wanted as much as I wanted him; we devoured each other.

For that moment nothing mattered; not the people, not the music, not the comments, nothing…just us.

~~~

I finally got back home around one in the morning. After the kiss; make that kisses; Schuldig and I had sat down to discuss our little situation. Even after how much we wanted to see each other now; we've agreed to lay low for a while. We would act like before the deal; like things hadn't changed; but things have changed.

I closed the door softly behind me, not wanting to wake anybody. I started going up the stairs.

"Yohji" I stopped and turned around.

"Aya? What are you doing up at this hour?"

He looked at me with slightly dead eyes. "There's an emergency mission briefing" he said. "At one in the morning?!" I asked in surprise. He let out a grunt. "It would have been sooner if you've gotten here sooner" he finished, heading towards the basement.

I followed with a little reluctance. What could possibly be so important that it couldn't wait for tomorrow?

I finished going down the stairs to find that everybody was already there.

"Finally!" Ken mused rolling his eyes. "Bad break up?"

I smiled at him. "Actually, we sort of got back together."

"Are we going to have this briefing? Or do you want keep chit chatting?" I glanced over at Manx who had spoken the words. I smiled at her "You're just angry I didn't pick you Manx." I mocked slightly. She frowned a little.

"Enough play!" Birman said in a tired, yet anxious voice. How she managed to do that, I'll never know. "Now pay attention Weiss! Persia has issued this mission after much consideration. This is a red tag mission, which you all know means that everybody's in, if you back out you can start saying goodbye to Weiss."

Red tag mission? I remember reading about it some time when I first joined Weiss. What could be so important? That they would force us to do, no matter what?"

"Weiss…"

We all looked at the screen. There was a picture on it. It was blurry, probably a freeze frame of some security camera, I could see it have been raining when the video was taken. There was a bunch of people on it, around eight or nine, and I couldn't really see who it was on the video. I glinted my eyes trying to make sense of it, but it was useless.

"The picture you see was taken just a few days ago. It shows what's left of a yakuza gang accompanied by their bodyguards." There was a pause.

"Your target is the assassin group Schwarz. Brad Crawford; the Oracle, Schuldig; the Mastermind, Jei; the Berserker and Nagi Naoe; the Prodigy."

Wait…

"Hunters of the night, deny these dark beasts their tomorrow."

Wait…

Birman spoke "We've located Schwarz living quarters."

"Where?" Ken asked quickly, I could practically sense the rage coming from him.

"It's a small building around three miles from here." Birman answered; to which Ken replied by slamming his fist against the couch. "So close! All this time…"

"When's the deadline?" Aya asked calmly. Manx moved a step forward catching our attention "You are to infiltrate their residence and eliminate them by this time tomorrow" she said in a firm voice.

"Fine" Aya replied coldly. He then turned his attention to us "We'll regroup here tomorrow at 9:00am. Rest up!" he ordered.

Ken opened his mouth as if to complaint, but eventually closed it. Aya went up the stairs, followed by Manx and Birman. I stood there, my body frozen.

"I'm going to bed" Ken announced, standing up and also leaving.

I slumped on the sofa when my body finally gave up on me.

"Is something wrong Yohji?" Omi asked quickly.

I couldn't speak. No…no…no…no…no! Red tag mission… Wait!

I couldn't think.

It hurt. Something deep in my chest. It was killing me. What could possibly hurt this much?

I love him.

I covered my face with my hands. I love him.

I love Schuldig.

"Yohji?! Are you allright?" I turned towards Omi. I don't know what my face reveals; and I don't care.

I stand, I can't be here right now, this place is suffocating me. I start up the stairs.

"Yohji!" Don't go Yohji! Onegai!" Omi's pleas fall deaf on my ears. I rush up the stairs, grab my keys and leave through the same door I came in.

~~~

A/N: Ok, so…I think a few more chapters (around two or three) and I can bring 'zelos' to an end. ^-^ Hope you liked this one.