Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ zelos ❯ restless ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

zelos

by myka

Arc II - chapter 2

"restless"

A/N: Tons of thanks to all that reviewed. Arigatou minna. I'm really excited over continuing zelos. Hope you'll like it too.
Beta: MiniMorr

~~~

Everything started to fall apart on a Tuesday.

Schuldig and I were tending to the shop since it was our turn. It had been only a month since we started doing this on a regular basis instead of spur-of-the-moment-shifts; and only on Tuesday afternoons. Kritiker again, they said they had to take "precautions"; whatever that meant. We hadn't heard nor seen any traces of Esset since that night. Aya, Omi and Ken had the day off. It was the only free day for them.

Did I mention that the Koneko is a tomb on Tuesdays? So far we've only had four customers; three high school girls a little after four pm and a lady just half an hour ago. Ever since we started taking this shift my lover had seemed to gain a fan club of his own. Something that didn't bothered me at all as long as the girls kept their hands off him.

There were no arrangements to be done, everything looked good… I was bored… very bored. Spraying flowers was not a good source of entertainment and at the rate things were going I was going to end up jumping on my lover when he least expected it.

Suddenly there was a crash followed by a curse and I turned around to find Schuldig cleaning up the vase he'd just broken.

"Need any help?" I asked. He didn't reply, he didn't even look my way. I went back to spraying the flowers until I heard another loud crash. I turned around again to find another vase had been shattered. I knew it hadn't been an accident, but I didn't even have the chance to scold him.

"I can't take this anymore!"

That caught me off guard. "Can't take what anymore?"

"This!" Schuldig yelled out in frustration. "I can't take living like a freaking bird in a cage!"

I went towards him and tried to touch him but he brushed me off. We rarely fought, but when we did, the fights were spectacular. I hated fighting with my lover and I was going to do everything in my power to avoid that. "What do you want me to do Schu?"

He stared at me for a while without saying a word. Then he spoke. "Let's leave."

"What?"

"Let's leave Japan!" he said again with more determination.

I just blinked at him. "And where would we go?"

"America, Brazil, Italy! Anywhere! I don't care!"

I thought for a bit. "Why now?"

He placed his hands on top of the counter and slumped his head downwards. His voice was very low. "Because I can't take it anymore." I went to him slowly, taken aback by his words and change in attitude. I encircled him in my arms and this time he accepted the touch as he pressed his face against my collarbone and spoke again. "They all hate me you know... Or at least resent me."

"They don't hate you." I reassured him.

"They do. You can't hear their thoughts."

"I never thought you to be the type to be bothered by what others thought of you."

He sighed against my skin. "I don't care, but after six months of hearing the same rubbish, it gets to you."

I kissed him on the side of his head, then on his lips. "I love you."

I know I should say it more often. That I love him… because I really do love him. "And I think you're right."

He blinked. "I am?"

"Yeah."

I saw him scowl. "Well that was easy! I thought you'd put more of a fight."

"Does that mean you've wanted to say this for a long time?" I asked as I snuggled to him, pressing our noses together. He instantly went red.

"Yohji!" He squirmed from my grasp. He'd once told me he hated the cutesy stuff, it took me a while to discover that it was because he always blushed when I did it. This side of him was so rare… I loved it. That meant I did it as long as I could get away with it. Trust me; an angry Schuldig is not a good thing… And it also meant no sex for a week.

I let a soft laugh roll out of my mouth which instantly received an emerald glare. I kissed him again and afterwards he just looked at me suspiciously. "I'll think of something ok?"

He grinned at me and I recognized it, it wasn't a grin at all.

"Ja."

~~~

It was twenty minutes before we closed the shop and I was starving.

"You're not the only one lover."

I looked up at Schuldig slightly annoyed. "Ken was supposed to be here hours ago with some food!" I scowled. Taking a deep breath I glanced towards the street through the shop's windows. They had been recently tainted over so we could look out, but nobody could look in. The street was practically empty, just a few people on their way home. An idea started to form in my head, a crazy one. It would take fifteen minutes tops, but what if they'd found out? Somehow I couldn't find it in my heart to worry; the result of months of imprisonment.

I rushed to the backroom and got my jacket, then walked up towards the entrance as Schuldig followed my every move with his gaze. "I'm going out to get us some food." I announced clearly.

He blinked instantly. "You can't go out! What if they see you?" He yelled out.

"Who's going to see me? It's been six months already and if one of the guys find out they'll understand!"

"But Yohji!" I ignored my lover and walked out the door as I heard his last protests. "Why do you get to get out of this hellhole?! Oi! Yohji!"

I smirked slightly at his last words as I made my way down the block. The restaurant I was going to was just two blocks away from the Koneko. Five minutes to go, five minutes to order and five minutes to return. The perfect plan.

I arrived at my destination with no problems at all. The girl at the cash register smiled at me as she took my order of two ramen bowls. After paying I rested my arms on top of the counter as I waited for the food.

Three minutes to go.

"Balinese?"

I blinked at my codename. Dammit. I've been caught. I quickly thought of an excuse as I started to turn around and face the music.

My heart skipped a beat and my eyes went wide.

"Naoe Nagi? … Prodigy?"

Out of all the coincidences in the world… Oh, crap…

He opened his mouth. "You're alive?"

I blinked, unable to offer a response.

"But they told us… I saw…" he stammered. I kept staring at him, trying to think up of something to do, anything!

I was about to speak when his eyes wavered and I saw something pass over them. He turned around in a swift move and started running towards the street. He turned to the right as fast as his legs could carry him, heading north, heading towards the Koneko.

I rushed after him, ignoring the girl's voice directed at me "Hey! You forgot your food!"

ThiswasnothappeningThiswasnothappeningThiswasnothappening !

My legs didn't seem to be fast enough as I was barely catching up to him with the Koneko just half a block away. Closer, closer, closer… NO!

Nagi swung the door to the flower shop wide open and stumbled inside when I was just two feet away from him. He stopped dead in his tracks.

Schuldig stood in front of the counter and I was certain he didn't believe the sight before him. "…Nagi?"

The teenager took a step forward, then another and neither Schuldig nor I seemed to be able to move. Then suddenly he rushed forward, wrapped his arms around Schuldig's waist as he hid his face in his clothes and sobbed softly.

My lover stared at his former teammate with a brotherly look in his eyes as he placed a hand on top of his head.

I just turned around and closed the door to the Koneko.

~~~