Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ zelos ❯ rooftop ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

zelos

by myka

chapter 3

A/N: This fic is consuming me.

So far we've been to a pub, three bars and two dance clubs. Now we were walking down the street. We just couldn't seem to stay on one place. Okay, I just couldn't seem to stay in one place. There was just something very uncomfortable about it all. Maybe it was because we were suppose to be trying to kill each other. Maybe it was because I wouldn't hear the end of it if someone from Kritiker saw us. Maybe it was because we were attracting too much attention.

It was like watching myself trying to get laid. I don't know which one is worse, that he's ruining all my advances or that I'm paying too much attention to his's. I kept leaving the establishment whenever he got too close of getting a partner for the night; definitely not my business. The only problem was he kept following me out. I've only had a few drinks, but I could honestly say that Schuldig was mildly drunk as he hummed some weird tune down the street. Things just couldn't get any weirder.

Splash!

Wrong again.

That's it! The redhead attracts bad luck. My hair was soaked, my clothes were soaked, someone had to pay. I turn my head slowly to look at Schuldig as small droplets of water ran down my face. Well, at least he got hit too. Kids laughed from a rooftop three floors up from where we were standing. We both looked up.

"Little pricks" the german murmured under his breath, then he screamed, pointing at the juveniles "Wait till I get up there you little bastards! I'm gonna kill you!" With that he started running towards the alley, heading straight for the fire ladder.

Not good.

I ran after him. "Schuldig!" I turned in towards the alley to find him already halfway up. Damn! He's fast. I rush up the shaky ladders. If he hurts those kids I'll have too…I'll have too…please, please, please just let them be safe. I reached the rooftop, heart in my throat. It was empty…

"Open up you little bastards, or I swear I…"

Smart kids. I see Schuldig fighting with a locked door. He really was drunk; I could clearly see that the door only opened from the inside. "Schuldig stop it!" I screamed at him "you'll only end up making someone call the police." He huffs, finally leaving the door alone. He turns toward me. "Didn't you say someone had to pay?"

I believe I'm going to have to start paying more close attention to what I say and think near the telepath.

~~~

"C'mon Schuldig, I'm begging you, don't do it."

"Why not?" he pouts.

"Do you even want me to start on why not?" I say incredulously.

He pouts even more "You're no fun." He unclasps his hand and let's one the left over water-balloons fall to the street. I immediately reach out for it trying to catch it. I'm not fast enough. The balloon explodes inches from its target, successfully wetting his feet. The businessman looks up and sees me, he mouths something that I can't hear and walks off. I hear laughter beside me, the mocking type.

"He thinks you threw it" Schuldig laughed. He sat on the floor, resting his back against the ledge and laughing his ass off. Oh, the effects of alcohol. I stood, towering over him. "Well, as much fun and weird as this evening has been. I think I'm calling it a night. Do you think you can find your way home?" I blinked the second I spoke the words. Why do I care if he gets home safely or not?

He takes me by my word and leans over the ledge maybe a little too much. "Sure" he mumbled leaning dangerously over. "It's three blocks down that way, in a shabby apartment because those Esset bastards don't really give a crap about us as long as they own us. Where Farfarello is probably talking to himself, Nagi must be sleeping and pain-in-the-ass Crawford must be cracking his head on why the hell am I spending the night with the Balinese."

Does he really mean that? If Schwarz knows, it could be a problem. He ignored me. He talked like I wasn't standing right behind him.

"I don't think they'll care…"

What the hell is he mumbling about? He stood in a flash and I took a step back in surprise. Then he stepped over the ledge and jumped out.

"Hey!" I reached out for him, knowing that I wasn't fast enough. So I went for my watch instead. My wires latched on to something instantly and I pulled on them fiercely, he was heavy. I looked over the ledge to see my wires wrapped around his already bandaged wrist. Crap. I know how to handle my weapon, I know how to make it cut or not. He slowly raised his head, glaring at me. I glared back, neither of us speaking. I pulled carefully until I could reach him. I grabbed his hand with mine and pulled him until I could get a better hold of him, finally pulling him over the ledge. I dropped him on the floor, kneeling by his side releasing the wires from his wrist. There was a little blood.

"Baka! If you want to kill yourself, do it when no one can save your sorry ass" I was angry, very angry. He looked at me full of calm, emerald orbs glistening in the dark; his eyes were so pretty. He extended his hand in a flash grabbing my shirt, pulling me in, our faces only inches apart. He opened his mouth.

"I want to die" he whispered, closing his eyes afterwards as his head slumped back.

"Schuldig?" I asked with concern. He didn't move and something warm grazed my fingers. Blood.

Dammit… My wires had slit his wrist; he was bleeding to death. I removed the bandage and wrapped it again around the gash, stopping the bleeding the best I could under the circumstances. But he needed stitches; which meant I had to take him to a hospital. I picked him up and placed him over my left shoulder holding him by the back of his knees.

What have I gotten myself into?

***

A/N: What do you think? Good? Bad? Please review.