Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ zelos ❯ pharmacy ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

zelos

by myka

chapter 2

A/N: Thanks for all the reviews. katzchen, MiniMorr, Pandora.81, Suisei Lady Dragon, Lady Kickass, Chibi-chan and Misura; thank you. I'm going to give this a try.

I never reported the encounter with Kritiker. No need to; it had been pointless chit chat after all. The only problem was that I couldn't get it out of my head.

It took Kritiker almost two weeks to send us another mission after the previous disaster. He was there; they were all there. Oracle with his confident presence, Prodigy with his sereneness, Beserker with, well you know, that guy has a few bolts unscrew on his head. And him…him with that smirk again and high nasal tone.

They run in different directions and the chase begins. The same old game of cat and mouse. I just wish I knew which was which.

We end up in an empty room, we fight…his attitude is the one I'm familiar with. There's a broken window at the end; he wants to leave. It's like last night never happened, like he never saved that child and gave it a future. My wires go for his neck like they're meant to; the same way he's meant to avoid them; but his movements are slower than usual and the cables wrap around his wrist and yank him out of synchronization. He glares at me with murder in his eyes and defies my hold on him as he pulls desperately, trying to break free. What the hell is he doing?

Blood accumulates on his wrist and starts dripping to the floor, but he just keeps pulling harder and harder. I just can't take the site of it anymore.

"Stop it! Or you'll snap your hand off" I yelled at him. He stopped struggling but still pulled at the wire holding it as tense as possible, still invoking the blood flow. His emerald eyes showed the anxiety his voice wouldn't. "Let-go-of-me"

I hesitated for a second loosening my hold on him, and that's all he needed. He broke free and jumped out the window without a second glance back.

This is not supposed to happen! I'm a highly trained assassin…and I just let my prey go.

What the hell's wrong with me?

***

I need to go out tonight. I need to forget everything, even if it's just for one night.

Leather…check. Boots…check. Hair…check. Protection…protection…crap! I need to stop at a pharmacy first.

I give a fair warning to everyone not to wake me up tomorrow and leave through the back door. The place I usually go was still under reconstruction so I ended up stopping somewhere else. I quickly find what I'm looking for and head for the register.

"What the hell do you mean you don't have change?"

It can't be…there's just no way…

Shit!

How I hate being wrong.

"I know sir, but my manager has the key and she's out on a break. It's just a quarter sir."

"Yeah, and it's my quarter."

This was very amusing.

"Look, I pay for the aspirin then you give me my change, its not that hard is it?"

If I were the cashier I would have given him the quarter a long time ago. But the cashier didn't know that his customer was an assassin. Suddenly the discussion stopped and the kid looked distressed. The kid also didn't know that his customer was a telepath. I grabbed Schuldig's arm and got his full attention. He looked puzzled.

"You've got to be kidding."

Nice to know he's as surprised as me. I smirked back at him and he frowned. I placed the pack in top of the counter and dug into my pockets for some change. I snatched a quarter and offered it to him. His frown deepened as he released the kid of whatever mental hold he had over him, the employee seemed to catch up with his surroundings and instantly proceeded to cash in my item. Schuldig took one look at the condoms and rolled his eyes in a 'give me a break' manner as he started to leave, leaving me there with my hand extended out to him. He stopped halfway before I could put the quarter away and turned back in a rush snatching it from my hand and leaving the store. I blinked, then paid and headed out myself.

I caught up with him as he opened the bottle of aspirin and swallowed two pills. That's when I noticed the bandage in his arm; it probably hurt like hell too. But I am not apologizing. There's no such thing as mercy for the wicked.

"And who made me the wicked?"

The remark caught me by surprise. Memo to self…never, ever forget again that he is a telepath. Maybe it's his doing, yeah, that must be it, he's making me forget.

"I'm not making you do anything Kudo, you keep forgetting all by your lonesome self."

The bastard. Payback time.

"I'm not the one taking pain medicine in a street corner because his teammates apparently don't give a crap of a pretty serious wound."

He scowled at me. "Yeah, and who's fault would that be."

I scowled back. "If you hadn't struggled like a moron!"

He blinked, a blank unreadable stare taking over his features. The he laughed. An obnoxious, annoying and very contagious laugh. Don't laugh…whatever you do, just don't laugh along with him.

"Are you done?" I asked him slightly irritated as I successfully kept myself from laughing. I waited until he finally calmed down. Then he smiled, not a grin, not a smirk, just your mild normal smile…creepy.

"Are you going out tonight?" he asked me as he placed the small bottle of aspirin inside one of his pockets. I actually glanced at myself. "Is it that obvious?" I asked. Now it was his turn to stare. I don't believe this; he's checking me out! "Oh yeah" he answered smoothly.

I've had enough. "Forget it" I said, starting to leave. I went past him and he grabbed my shoulder. Memo to self number two…never, ever drop your guard near an enemy. I turned; fast; ready for anything. He let go of me.

"Can I come?"

I didn't expect that. Now what do I say to that. I took a deep breath.

"Why not" I answered "but I warn you, you might have a hangover tomorrow." He smirked now with confidence "Lead the way"

I did.

***

A/N: I think I might have an idea now.