X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ X Tales ❯ Lock in the Cabin ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: Well, here it is, the last and final story of Fuuma's storytelling. To tell you the truth, this chapter is not as good as the Fall of the Ise Shrine because I was in the rush to finish this. In fact, I don't even like the title too, but who cares? Anyway, I hope you enjoy this fic.

Disclaimer: I do not own X characters or Stephen King's The Shining.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Well, since you don't want your little team in it, then what story do you want to hear?" The Dark Kamui suggested. Before Kamui could open his mouth, he heard the phone rang. Both Dragons turned their attention as the phone rang. Curious to know who was calling, the Seal got up and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi Kamui, it's me, Keiichi."

Oh shit, Kamui thought as he glanced at his Twin Star. Somehow, the Angel was leaning against his Shikon Sword as he took out a cigarette. The Seal wasn't quite sure whether or not the Dark Kamui was listening to his conversation by pretending he was smoking, but deep inside, it told him not to let his Twin Star hear it. Following his instincts, the Dragon of Heaven stepped out of his room and closed it. As he walked five feet away from his door, the young boy questioned.

"What is it, Keiichi?" Somehow, Kamui pondered how Keiichi knew his phone number. He didn't give anyone his number, not even the Seals. In fact, he didn't understand why he needed a phone for. So, how did Keiichi got it? He better asked his friend later for his cheerful friend answered.

"I was just calling to see how you're doing."

".................. I'm doing fine."

"Really? For a moment, I thought you would be doing nothing for Halloween and I was thinking if you like to join me to a Halloween party. That way, you won't feel so left out."

I wished, Kamui thought as he rolled his eyes. For once, he liked to have a place of his own without distractions from the Seals, Keiichi, or his sadistic Twin Star. But no matter what, he got disturbed by them. The perked up friend asked.

"So Kamui, do you want to come to the Halloween party with me? I'm sure we would have tons of fun like bobbing apples, telling ghost stories, watching a horror flick, pulling a séance, and maybe going trick-or-treat. So, what do you think?"

The young boy looked back at the door before looking at his phone. He would like to use this excuse to get away from Fuuma, but he wasn't quite sure if the Angel would figure out. Fearing that the Dragon of Earth would hurt his friend, Kamui decided to decline.

"I'm sorry, Keiichi. I'm having a... reunion with an old friend of mine."

"Oh, I see. Well, I hope you have a fun night. I'll see you at school, Kamui. Bye."

Keiichi replied as he hung up the phone. Relieved that his friend understood, the Seal groaned silently as he went back into his room. The Angel looked up at his smaller Twin Star when Kamui placed the phone on the dresser and sat down.

"Was that your friend?" The Dark Kamui questioned.

Worried that he would put his friend in trouble, Kamui lied that it was a prank call. The Angel knew that his smaller Twin Star lied, but he let him go easy as he replied with a smirk. "I see, but did you ever gone crazy with one thing you cannot live without?"

The teenage boy cocked his eyebrow at what his Twin Star was talking about. He knew he couldn't live if his friends were gone. The Seal knew he was in a trance when he lost Kotori, but he wasn't quite sure of whether or not he would go crazy if Fuuma died. Unable to figure out, the Dragon of Heaven questioned the Angel why. The Dragon of Earth chuckled and said. "Human needs something in order to survive. Whether it is food, water, or technology, humans need it to survive. In fact, I had a story that fit into that category..."

It was a cold afternoon where the Angels were hiking. With all the mass destruction and terrorists upon humans they made, it seems that they had never had time to relax. So, Shiyuu Kusanagi thought that this was the opportunity for them to get rest. He decided that the Dragons of Earth would like to rest in the mountain to be with Mother Nature. Somehow, the Angels thought that it was ironic for them to take a break, but the Dark Kamui thought that it might be good for them. That and he stated that the Seals were too weak to fight against them, so that the Dragons of Heaven needed a break to save up their strength.

Never want to argue with the leader of the Angels, they reluctantly agreed. So off they were, hiking on the mountains to reach the cabin. Somehow, only Kuzuki Kakyou and Kanoe were the only ones who weren't going. The Dragons of Earth understood that Kakyou couldn't go because he was in a coma. Kanoe, however, said that although she would love to come with them, she was too busy working for the governor.

The mountain was covered in white snow as snowflakes were fluttering down from the sky. Little critters such as bunnies, foxes, and squirrels were scattering around, looking for food and shelter. The trees were hibernating through the winter with snows covered them as blankets. Soon, the Angels came to the cabin where Kusanagi told them.

The cabin was big and grand with a patio covered in snow. As they entered, they felt the warmth of the fire and the comfort of its surrounding. The furniture was old-fashioned and the view from the window was magnificent. Yuuto give out a loud whistle as he looked through the window along with the assassin. The Water Master questioned, "Lovely view, isn't it Sakurazukamori?"

"Yes, if you love this type of weather." Seishirou replied as he took out his cigarette to smoke. While the Angels were settling in, Satsuki turned on her laptop. She looked around to find a telephone cord to connect, but she couldn't find it. In fact, she looked every inch of the wall and there were none. The girl then asked Kusanagi if he had any outlet or telephone cord in this cabin. He laughed.

"I'm sorry, but this cabin was built over 100 years and it's still in good use. We don't have any electrical appliances here, but I'm sure you can pull through."

"Oh, if there's no electricity in this building, then how do you live through?" Yuuto questioned as he approached them.

"Well, we use candles and chimney to use as light. And we have an oven stove where we cook. I guess you could say it's like how our ancestors live."

"Oh pooh, now I won't get a nice hot shower after all."

"Don't worry, Yuuto. All you have to do is heat up the water and-"

"Get some rest, Angels. We have a long way to go." Fuuma ordered as he took off his jacket. The Dragons of Earth obeyed him and settled in, thinking of what would they do for the next day. When night approached, the Angels went to bed. However, as they slept, the weather became heavier as snows continued descending from the sky. In the middle of the night, Yuuto was sleeping peacefully in his bed, dreaming.

In his dream, he dreamt of having a tea time with Satsuki. As he finished pouring the tea, Yuuto set it down. But when he looked down, he saw the tea was overflowing the table. He didn't understand why it did that, but when he tried to use his power, the tea wouldn't stop. Unable to stop it, he called Satsuki to help him, but she didn't. Just sat there and did nothing. The Water Master tried to get her attention as tea kept pouring out and reaching to the sky. Once his body was underwater, he swam up to catch his breath. As he reached the surface of the water, he gasped for air and swam toward the land. When he reached the shore, he rested on his back and closed his eyes. He could hear the calling of the birds as they flew by. He wasn't sure where he was, but what matter to him was he didn't drown. Yet, he wondered if Satsuki survived. Soon, he felt a presence looming over him. Yuuto opened his eyes to see a figure stood above him. The blond men rose up and gave out a smile.

"Well, if it isn't our dreamseer, Kakyou? What's brought you here?"

The dreamseer remained quietly as he watched the view before him. After a minute passed by, he spoke, "I called you here to give you a warning."

"A warning you said?"

"Yes, a great disaster is heading your way. You must tell `Kamui' about this and leave the cabin immediately."

"Really, well could you tell me what sort of disasters is coming?"

"............... I don't know. But I sensed something horrible is coming your way. If you and the others won't leave immediately, then chaos will be erupted."

"I see, but why me? If you want `Kamui' to know about this, why can't you go into his dream?"

"Although I have to power to go into people's dream, `Kamui', the Dragon of Earth was the only person I cannot see through. That is why I called you to give you a warning. You must tell `Kamui' immediately."

"Oh, all right. I'll tell `Kamui' that we're in danger."

"Remember, leave immediately." Kakyou spoke as he disappeared. Soon the view turned into darkness before the Water Master could feel himself falling. After Kakyou's warning, Yuuto opened his eyes slowly and rose up. It didn't really bother him from his dream, but from what the dreamseer told him, he decided to tell the Dark Kamui later as he prompted back into his bed.

When morning arose, the Angels were in the kitchen to eat their breakfast. Kusanagi was cooking flapjacks on the oven stove while Satsuki was typing on her laptop. Yuuto was reading his newspaper as Nataku was watching Kusanagi flipping flapjacks and Seishirou eating some. The Dark Kamui was drinking his tea before he rose up and said. "Care to smoke with me, Sakurazukamori?"

"Don't mind if I do," Seishirou replied as he rose up. The two dark figures went out the kitchen and headed straight to the door. But when Fuuma opened the door, he saw a wall of white snow in front of him. The assassin arched his eyebrow when he saw the site and looked through the window. There he saw nothing, but wall of snow. Not amused by this scenery, the Dark Kamui summoned his power and plunged it into the wall. Snow exploded out, making a clear path for the two Dragons of Earth to step out. But when they stood outside, pile of snows began to fall, creating an avalanche.

The rest of the Angels heard a noise outside as they stepped out of the kitchen. Once they entered the living room, they saw their leader and the assassin half-buried alive in the snow. The Dark Kamui crawled out, mumbling a few curses before piercing his brown eyes at the computer genius. "Satsuki, didn't you get weather forecasts about this region?"

"I apologizes, `Kamui', but I cannot receive any data to it since I am unable to get access."

The Dark Kamui cursed as he dusted himself off. Yuuto helped the assassin up and said. "So, this is what the dreamseer talk about."

Fuuma turned his attention to the Water Master and questioned him what did he meant. The blond told his leader about Kakyou's warning. Hearing this, the Dark Kamui ordered the Angels to make an escape. So far, after spending the whole day, the Dragons of Heaven didn't succeed. Fuuma and Kusanagi tried to use their powers, but it only created avalanches each time they tried. Nataku and Yuuto tried cutting their way through along with Seishirou throwing ofudas, but that didn't work either. No one knew how long did the Angels try to escaped, but it grew impatient in each of them.

Thinking it was nighttime, the Angels had their dinner silently. No one was in the mood to talk since they were too cold and wet from all the snow that fell on them. The room sent a chilling atmosphere, making the Dragons of Earth felt impatient and annoyed of being trapped in the cabin. No one liked to be trapped. No one liked to be a weak mouse being cornered by a hungry cat. It seemed that Mother Natures was against them and who knew what was stored for them.

Getting tired, the blond man decided to sleep in for tonight. As he fell asleep, his dreamscape formed into the same dream he had with Kakyou. Nothing, but wet lands and rocks with waves splashing towards it as the birds chirping in the air. When the Water Master turned around, he came face to face with another man. The man's hair was similar to his, except longer bang. Soon, he looked at Yuuto with golden cats eyes. Realized that it was the illusion of the dreamseer, he greeted.

"Oh, it's you. For a moment, I thought I was facing myself in the future."

"Did you tell him?"

"Well, I sort of forgot about telling him immediately. But I did tell him when it was too late."

"Too late? What do you mean?"

"Well, you've said that great disaster will come our way and I didn't know you mentioned us being buried alive in the cabin. So I guess your little warning didn't help us."

"Being Buried? That's not what I meant."

"It isn't?"

"No, you must tell `Kamui' to leave immediately or else disaster will come."

"I see, so it isn't the avalanches we're in danger. Then tell me, what sort of dangers are we heading?"

"As I told you before, I don't know. But whatever it is, the danger is not yet over. You must warn `Kamui' and the others to leave this instant before disaster strikes."

"Alright, alright, I'll tell them."

"And do it immediately. You don't want to delay your safety."

With that, the dreamscape surrounded Yuuto became darken as Kakyou began to fade. Yuuto was about to question him, but he heard his voice unheard as he saw his body began to fade. Soon, he felt his breath was cutting off when the pressure began to make him fell. The Water Master jerked up from his sleep, gasping for air. Sweats felt from his forehead as he examined his body to make sure he was alright. Knowing that the dreamseer would came back again; he got off his bed and went to see Fuuma.

It's been two days since the Angels were trapped in the cabin. The Dark Kamui and the others tried many different ways of breaking through the thick wall of snow. Yet, in the end, it became useless to them. Satsuki found out that her laptop battery was getting low. She knew that there were no outlets in the cabin, so she asked Kusanagi if he had any appliances that have electricity such as record player, radio, or a wind-up toy. Kusanagi gave the computer genius a sad face and replied no. However, he gave her a typewriter just to make her felt happy if she needed something to type. The girl stared at the typewriter with an unemotional face before going into another room with it. As minutes turned to hours as hours turned to days, no one knew how long had they stay.

One evening, the Angels except Satsuki were in the living room. Fuuma was reading a book, telling story to Nataku. Seishirou was sitting in the chair, staring in the blazing fire of the chimney as he puffed his cigarette. Kusanagi and Yuuto were playing a game of Chinese checker for the fifth time. The Dragons of Earth did their bests to stay in their sanity, yet they didn't know how long will they held up. Getting tired, the Dark Kamui and the others went to sleep. Somehow, Yuuto decided to read a book before going to bed. As he was about to open the book, the blond man suddenly thought of checking Satsuki first. He hadn't seen her came out of the study room for a long time. Hoping that the computer genius was awake, the Water Master went up and knocked on the door.

There was no answer. The blond then opened the door to see if Satsuki fell asleep while typing. In the room was an empty desk with stacks of papers, a typewriter, and a dim-lighted candle. Curious to know what the girl was typing, the Water Master went in and flipped through the stacks of papers. But when he looked at it, he saw nothing, but blank sheets of papers. Raising his eyebrow, Yuuto decided to glance at the paper in the typewriter. There he saw four little words across the paper: how are you doing? Surprised, but amused, the blond man chuckled when the light went out. Unable to see the dark, he reached into his pocket to pull out a lighter which he carried for Seishirou or the Dark Kamui. As soon as he relit it, the light became brighter and he gasped. All over the walls and the ceiling were words that said; No electronics to play makes Satsuki a dull girl. This sentence had repeated itself over and over with no other sentences, no signatures, or drawings on it. Astounded by it, Yuuto gazed at the writing until he heard a monotone voice.

"Do you like it?"

Startled, the Water Master let out a frightful gasp before turning around to see the teenage girl. "Satsuki, there you are. I was just wondering what you're doing, so I came by to check on you."

"............ Do you like it?"

"Like what?"

"My work."

"Oh, you mean the writing on the wall. Well I.... I suppose I would do to if I had nothing to do. So, would you like to have tea with me?"

The computer genius didn't reply. Instead she went into another room and asked Yuuto how everyone was doing. Not sure how to answer the question, the blond replied that they were doing fine. The girl then asked if they had made an escape. The Water Master chuckled.

"Well, if we did, then we wouldn't be in here in this cabin."

"Did they found me useless?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I said did they found me useless. We've been trapped in this cabin for so long that we tried to escape. However, while you were trying to escape, I was the only person in this cabin who didn't help. `Kamui' and Kusanagi used their power to blast the snow. You, Nataku, and Sakurazukamori tried to cut your way through while I did nothing, but sit there and type away. Did that make me feel useless?"

"Well, I-"

"Yes, it did. Each day is the same routine. Blast or cut the snow away and the avalanche fell. If there was electricity in this cabin, I would be able to get us free by sending an S.O.S. to a ranger or someone else."

"Well, that's-"

"But it didn't. All day and all night were typing away while everyone was too busy to escape. Yet, nobody cared to know if they need my help or not. Well, let me ask you something, am I useful now?" She questioned as she emerged into the study room with an axe. Wondering where she got it, the blond asked her. Satsuki didn't answer his question as she continued telling him of how useful she is with no computer or gadgets. As she walked toward the Water Master, Yuuto backed away. He wasn't quite sure what he was doing, but his instincts told him to leave immediately.

Trusting his instincts, Yuuto said goodnight to the girl and closed the door behind him. Once it shut, he leaned his back against it and pondered what went wrong with Satsuki as he rubbed his chin. Soon he felt a pounding against the door. When he looked at his right side, the Water Master saw a blade sticking out of the door near him. Shocking, he stepped away from the door as the computer genius chopped down the door. As he saw her face, he asked her what she was doing. Satsuki replied.

"It's like I said before, I'm trying to make myself useful. So in order to do that, I must get rid of you and the others to entertain me. Besides, humans are boring."

As she took a step, the blond man raced across the room and ran through any directions to get away. He knew he can't get out of the cabin. He could use his power to stop her, but he saw that that would be useless if he had killed one of his Angels and no one to talk to during tea time. Not sure where he went, Yuuto went into one of the room and slammed the door. When he locked it, he leaned against the door to hear a footstep of the teenage girl.

"What are you doing?"

Startled, Yuuto let out a yelp and turned around to come face to face with the assassin. "Seishirou, what are you doing here? I thought you were asleep."

"I was, but then I woke up and came here to smoke. However, you didn't answer my question Yuuto."

"I tried to get away from Satsuki."

"Satsuki? What did she do to you?"

"Nothing except she's trying to kill me."

"I bet your pardon."

Yuuto explained to the dark onmyouji of what had happened when he came to check to Satsuki. When he finished, he hear the chopping of the axe. Slowly turning around, the Water Master and the assassin saw pieces of wood falling off from the door. Knowing that it was Satsuki, the blond turned and gave a plead look to Sakurazukamori. Seishirou chuckled and told him not to worry as he smoked away with the cigarette. Bewildered of what the assassin said, Yuuto was about to yell at him when the dark onmyouji told him to stay still and be quiet. Unsure what the assassin was planning, the Water Master obeyed him.

Once the door handle was cut off, Satsuki opened the door and looked around with her monotone eyes. There was nothing, but an empty bathroom. But she wondered why the door shut and where did the smoke came from. Thinking that the blond went to the kitchen, the computer genius left. As soon as she left, the Water Master thanked the assassin and walked away. However, when he took a step outside the bathroom, the floor creaked, giving Satsuki an alert. The Water Master and the computer genius saw each other. Yuuto looked into the bathroom to get Seishirou's help, but the assassin was nowhere in the bathroom. Thinking that the dark onmyouji left, the blond man ran.

Running to find the escape, Yuuto ran into one of the room where he found himself back into the study room. When he turned around, he saw Satsuki stood at the door entrance with an axe in her hands. Never wanted to hurt her, the Water Master stepped away as the computer genius took a step. He pleaded, "Now, now, Satsuki, you wouldn't want to hurt one of your Angels. Now do you?"

"........................... I don't know. All I know is humans are boring and you are a human."

"True, but that doesn't mean that you have to kill me. I mean remember all the times we share together when we were having tea?"

Silence entered the room when Yuuto questioned it. But what he saw was she took one step at the time as his back was press against the wall. Shivers ran down his spine as he watched the teenage girl looked at him with her unemotional eyes. With no where to run in the corner, the Water Master begged the girl to stop as she raised her axe to chop him. But before she could cut him up, she heard another voice.

"Satsuki, what are you doing?" The girl didn't replied back as the blond looked to see who it was. Standing in the middle of the room was the assassin as he adjusting his glasses. When he looked at the two Dragons of Earth, he let out a smirk.

"Now don't you think it useless to chop him with an axe while you could help us out? I mean, after all, you are one of our best Angels. Oh, I forgot. While you were busy typing yourself in the study room, I had my free time recharging your computer battery. Plus I also used one of my spell to get you connected to the network so that way you can send a S.O.S. to get us free. Your computer is in the living room if you want to see it."

Curious of what the dark onmyouji said, the teenage girl lowered her axe and went into the living room. There sitting on the table was her computer, with numbers moving from right to left. Impressed of what the Sakurazukamori did, she dropped the axe and sat in front of the computer. Stunned of what the assassin did, Yuuto questioned. "I'm impressed, Seishirou. All this time we tried to escape and you spare your time to get her connected to the world to help us out."

"I didn't"

"Excuse me."

"I didn't have time to recharge her computer or get her connected to the network. It was nothing, but an illusion to keep her busy."

"Oh, well I'm still impressed of how you did it. Even if she didn't know it was an illusion, do you think you could keep this up?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, every computer loves her and always try to be connected to her. Suppose she would want to get connected with her computer, do you think she knows that it's an illusion when your little spell won't work."

"Not to worry, Yuuto." Seishirou replied as wires were coming out of the computer and went into Satsuki's body. "She wouldn't figure out as long as I control it."

When the wires entered her arms, hands, and neck, the girl decided to do a little damage to the city before sending an S.O.S. to help them. However, nothing seemed to work when she commanded it. Instead of showing her the city of Tokyo to cause damage, she saw the numbers running through the screen. Realizing that it was an illusion from the Sakurazukamori, she picked up her axe and rose up. Turning around, she laid her unemotional eyes toward the Water Master and the assassin as she walked toward them. Only two words came out of the blond man's mouth when he saw the dark onmyouji's pan failed.

"Oh, shit."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Geez, I wonder if Kamui got scare of it or not. Let us see what happens next on the next chapter and figure out, shall we? And once again, I'm sorry if this story isn't as good or scary as the others. But you must know that I had tried my best. Thank you for reading my story.