XXXHolic Fan Fiction ❯ Sleeping Beauty ❯ Quiet ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: All characters mentioned in this work of fanfiction belong to the ladies of CLAMP, not me. No profit is made. No disrespect intended.
Thank you all for reviewing, you guys rock! I decided to make Sorata and Arashi Doumeki's parents. Anyway, enjoy the chapter; it'll be a long while before you see some Dou/Wata action.
 
Chapter: Quiet
In another kingdom called Hanshin, King Sorata and Queen Arashi were celebrating the birth of their child, the Crown Prince Shizuka.
No one was surprised that the little prince was as quiet as his mother. Queen Arashi had always been a quiet, stern woman, just as her husband was quite the opposite -- warm, loud, friendly. But they were a perfect match.
When their child was born, they were quite concerned he did not cry loudly, as all babies do in order to draw their first breath. But upon closer inspection, they saw that he was perfectly able to breathe without crying, which was a miraculous feat in itself. And it was decided then and there he would be named Shizuka, quiet.
Arashi did not want a big celebration so Sorata consented to a low-profile baptism. He invited close friends, including Clow and Yuuko, and two fairies, Hisui and Kokuyuu, who graciously accepted the request to be the little prince's godparents and granted the prince two gifts.
“Quiet Shizuka, I give you the gift of patience,” pronounced Hisui.
The guests nodded approvingly since this was an important trait for a future king.
“And I will give the gift of good looks.”
Now there goes a shallow man, err, fairy. But this was a necessary thing, for attraction purposes…
~~~~
That chilly December night, the king and queen of Holic met with the king and queen of Hanshin to discuss … marriage arrangements.
No one knows what went on there but their children, or at least Clow's, cursed that day. What we do know is the outcome, and it is this: the children of King Clow and King Sorata will be forced to marry when the youngest comes of age.