XXXHolic Fan Fiction ❯ Sleeping Beauty ❯ April ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: All characters mentioned in this work of fanfiction belong to the ladies of CLAMP, not me. No profit is made. No disrespect intended.
 
Chapter: April
The king and queen were very upset that they were not able to conceive a child. They grew anxious, then dejected. There was a very dismal atmosphere in the castle. They became so depressed that they nearly gave up hope. They could not manage the spirit to argue with each other even. The kingdom shared in their distress.
That July, when Queen Yuuko announced that she was pregnant, the king and queen rejoiced, and their people rejoiced with them. At last, the gloomy spirits of the two monarchs were lifted. They returned to their usual bickering, mainly about how Yuuko's drinking and smoking tendencies were bad for the baby (Clow won those arguments), and choosing names for the baby.
The baby was due sometime early April. Since they were very certain it was a girl, they had decided that they would name the child Sakura, after the blooming cherry trees.
The king and queen scheduled to hold the baptism exactly one month after the princess's birth. They prepared to have a very festive celebration and invited all their friends, travelers, customers, and subjects. The party was to be held after the observance in a friend's house, a rich merchant, near the town square.
All of this was decided before the end of July. They decided to leave no room for mistake, as this was their heir, and could possibly be their only heir.
While all this was happening, the evil fairy who placed the curse on the king and queen observed the festivities from far away.
 
 
Dun Dun Dun!! Cliff-hanger (I think).
I know I haven't updated in a while and that this chapter is really short… sorry.
 
5.22.2005