Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ 10 years to remember ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Kage:GOMEN-NASAI! Omg this came way to late. Argh, I lost my internet and had a few days alone with just my laptop and writings...........then I lost someone very close to me, anyway. Thank you all who are reading and reviewing this fic! Again I apologize for any mispellings or bad grammer. Helpful criticism is always welcome!
 
Warnings: Still none yet. But thats underlined for a reason, I'm still debating with myself and how the story is coming out whether or not to actually need a real warning or not for one of later chapters. Sorta depends on my mood when I write it I guess.
 
Anyway, enough of all these a/n, here's the next chapter!
 
 
10 Years To Remember
Disclaimer: If I owned it, it would be an extension on the anime, not a fanfic.
 
Chapter 2:
 
The next morning, the blonde youth woke to an alarming smell. Burning. Abruntly waking, he worked his way through the sea of blankets until he hit the floor and ran into the kitchen. Apon entering his worries dropped and turned right into to surprise. The table was set neatly and Tsuzuki was at the stove, cooking not burning food. The burning smell was from old food bits in under the burner; Hisoka remembered.
 
Observing his partners work, Hisoka made his way over to the older man cooking, questioning him.
 
"Ah! Hisoka-chan! Ohayou! Hope you don't mind me making breakfast."
 
"No, not really...........but your cooking it, not burning it."
 
"Come now. My sister taught me better than that." He ruffled the small boys hair. Hisoka passed off the childish treatment and wondered why he brought up his sister. Above all, he thought Tsuzuki had already told him his eight years at the hospital robbed him of any cooking skills his sister ever taught him.
 
Thinking a moment, he decided he'd ask Watari if there was any side effects to yesterdays change......besides their appearance. Both Shinigami sat down to eat. Neither said anything to each other while they eat as an aquired silence fell over them. After finishing breakfast, they washed up and got ready for work.
 
As they walked to work, Tsuzuki just couldn't get out of his head how cute Hisoka was as he walked, or anything he did, at 6, he had to be the most adorable child the 16 year old man had ever seen. Arriving at the office building, Hisoka decided he'd walk close to his partner. He didn't want to risk being picked up to be hugged or kidnapped. If Tsuzuki was close by he could grab him and refuse himself from being taken.
 
Everyone in the halls and even snooping people in other rooms wondered and watched the pair as they headed to their office. Some tryed to guess who it was, while some knew and wondered what had happened. Out of the blue, an announcemnt was suddenly made.'Asato Tsuzuki, Kurosaki Hisoka, report to my office immediantly.' It was Tatsumi and god did he sound thrilled.
 
When the pair sighed in unison, everyone knew it was them and no doubt the Bureau's 'mad' scientist was involved. As the pair made their way to the secretary's office, countless girls and boys wispered and made comments concerning the two under their breath. Word of their appearance was spreading fast. No doubt it's spread further then the 6th sector in no time.
 
Both Shinigami were alittle unnerved about what would happen next as they reached Tatsumi's office. Tsuzuki turned the door nob to reveal a pretty calm and as always, organized office. Tatsumi was working at his desk, but next to him sat Watari; nervous. When the older brunet looked up to the closing of his office door, his glasses nearly fell off his face as his mouth fell agap.
 
"You wanted to see us." Hisoka broke the silence and even, at first, Tatsumi was taken back by the former teens new voice; and appearance for that matter. The ecretary turned toward Watari glaring madly as the scientist just gave him a 'I told ya so' look. Regaining his posture again, Tatsumi thought a minute on how to address this matter.
 
"This isn't permanent luckily and as much as we can't afford to do this." Tatsumi struggled with his sentence, but continued"You two are temperally taken off cases until you've returned to normal, but ONLY because your sector has been quiet lately." Even though it was actually a generous sounding deed to the pair, for one reality hit him quicker.
 
"I must object Tatsumi-san, even though our sector has been rather queit lately doesn't mean something wont come up at any momeny. We may appear younger but we're still ourselves."
 
Tatsumi knew the blonde boy was trying to sound serious but the voice and body just didn't match. Hisoka knew from a quick flow of his ability that everyone in the room was thinking the same thing and he hated it. Besides his partners whines of protest of not wanting to work, every other emotion was directed at the now 6 year old Shinigami. Before he had the chance to say anything to anyone, the secretary broke through the soon to be ended silence.
 
"This is why I had you two summoned here Kurosaki-san. Watari-san revealed to me what had happened but also brought to my attention a few OTHER catches to it."
 
"So there's more!?" Tsuzuki asked.
 
"Sadly yes." Everyone glared at Watari's words as he continued."Even though you still have your current mind as you did before, but you physical form has changed..."He stopped deciding to change his approach seeing their faces of annoyance for a long explanation."In other words you changed physically just not mentally, but I discovered a flaw to this or a few side effects. Your body is being tricked into thinking it is what it appears. Meaning your body can do what your body could only do at the age you appear as, even if your normal minds says differ."
 
Tsuzuki was first to go 'huh', but something else dawned on Hisokaand trigered his first on slaught of words.
 
"Wait! This morning! Tsuzuki tryed to cook and actually did."
 
"Exactly, good example right there. When he was 16 back on Earth its possible he could actually cook edible food." The blonde replied acting as if his pouting friend wasn't even there.
"Since his mind automatically says he could cook, he did, but his body could actually do it so it filled in the blanks."
 
"I think I get!" Hisoka declared, still thinking and appling this side affect to their given situation.
 
"Let me clear things up. Cases require high vegalance and body cabability. Tsuzuki-san being at 16 could still perform under these circumstances but you Kurosaki-san, I'm afraid can not."
 
Hisoka was about to object again but he knew nothing he could said would've mattered. Him talking would only make his partners get butterflys in his stomach. He was stuck and hated it even more. He put his down, yet another restriction within just one day.
 
"Don't worry Kurosaki-san, you two have plenty of office work to do anyhow."
 
Tsuzuki bounded to his partner and started walking him to the door. He himself didn't like any ideas of work, but he knew Hisoka was mad and tryed his best anyways."See? Its still like a normal day! Not like we had any cases anyway!" He chimmed, closing the door and leaving the secretary's office.
 
Watari turned to the older brunet."Um.....paperwork requires writing. I don't know Bon's literature skills at that age."
 
Tatsumi sighed."We'll just have to wait. At least Tsuzuki's handwriting should be legiable now."
 
--------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
 
The violet orbed Shinigami let out a sigh as he closed the door to his office as he watched his partner make his way to his desk. Tsuzuki felt bad for the blonde but couldn't resist his chibiness. Even yelling he was adorable. As he studied his partners movements he decided going shopping later would be good. The clothes Wakaba had given the boy clung losely to his motions. Hisoka cralwed onto his chair and sat on his knees.
 
"Doesn't that hurt?" Tsuzuki asked sitting at his desl.
 
"I'm used to sitting like this baka." God! Even that just made the brunet want to glomp the blonde to death, again. Sadly, he calmed his mind as he noticed Hisoka twitch from the emotions he was genreating towards the blonde, so he began his 'work'.
 
Both worked on their pile of work in silence for the next two hours. It was unusual for the pair but any sort of talking, even arguing, seemed foriegn. Although right on schedule, the brunet jumped for joy from his chair as lunch hours fell.
 
"Finally! I've been going crazy! Too quiet! Food now! C'mon Hisoka, lets go get some lunch!"
 
"No." Hisoka didn't even look up.
 
Tsuzuki leaned on the child's desk."C'mon! We've been locked up in here for too long! Break time please!"
 
"Tsuzuki. No! I can't go out like this!" The child(teen) stopped, blushing.
 
Tsuzuki studied him a minute before repling. "We don't have to eat in the Meifu." The boy looked up. "Our powers still apply right? So why don't we go to Earth. No one knows us there. We'll just appear as we are."
 
"But then I'll have to act 6."
 
"Nope." Tsuzuki began wagging his 'tail'. "You can just be one of those really really smart kids."
 
"A prodigy."
 
"Yeah!" He smiled at his partner.
 
"I guess, its ok."
 
"Great! Then we can get you some new clothes too!"
 
"Like hell, this isn't permanent Tsuzuki." He replied getting out of his chair and placing his finished work eatly in a stack for Tatsumi to collect when ever he chose.
 
"You still need to be comfortable and you can't wear that outfit everyday.
 
"Are we going or not." Hisoka snapped.
 
"Of course!" Tsuzuki leapt to meet his partner and both teleported to Earth.
 
--------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------
 
As the two Shinigami's auras disappeared from the Meifu, Tatsumi decided to confirm his latest worries. In the pair's office, the secretary looked over both desks and finished work. He mentally smiled at Tsuzuki's work, just not his desk. Hisoka's desk was neat on the other hand but his work made the secretary sigh. This wont do. I'm sorry Kurosaki-san but Watari was right.