Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Of Ryujin Blood ❯ The Sword of the Immortals ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Of Ryujin Blood 8:
The Sword of the Immortals
Author's Notes: I know this is a yaoi series it still puzzles me has to why I like it since normally that thing doesn't appeal to me. I guess my love of the supernatural and action kinda overpowered that. Any who I know this is a yaoi. I decided to write a romance between Hisoka and a chick. So if you don't like changes then I suggest you don't read this. That is just a far warning and if you flame me for writing it then I will ignore you since I have warned you before hand about the story. But despite that I do hope you guys read this and enjoy it.
I would like to thank the author Moon Mama for letting me use the idea of Kharandha'I for my fic.
_______________________________________________________
Yuki's grandfather was seating in the house meditating, when he first heard the footsteps of a man coming up the walk. He sighed and looked up at the door before standing up and walking out of the house. The man that had been outside stopped at the foot of the stairs and looked up at him, a dangerous smirk forming on his lips.

"Where is the girl old man?" asked the male with platinum blonde hair.

"Somewhere out of your reach Muraki," replied the man.

"Ryujin do not toy with me," sneered Muraki.

"Muraki you can never have the power you seek, nor will the master you serve."

"I serve no master old man."

The Ryujin male chuckled softly and shook his head, "You are a fool Muraki. Lucifer truly is a master of deceit if he can even deceive you into following his order blindly and without your knowledge."

"I follow no man's orders least of all a man that is just a myth."

"Ah, but are the Shinigami and the Shikigamis that serve them not also considered myths?"

"Fair question old man, but enough chatting. Where is the woman?"

"That is none of you concern."

Muraki was getting agitated at the older man for not cooperating with him.

"Old man," he began in annoyance, "you are starting to wear on my last nerve."

The old man did not even seem affected by the doctor's annoyed tone. Muraki was even more annoyed by this and flared his power slightly in an attempt to intimidate the old man.

"I am an old man Muraki and I have seen much, there is very little now a day that can scare or intimidate me."

Muraki sneered and summoned two Beasts of Hell.

"You will answer my question old man."

"That I will not do."
_____________________________________________________________
Yuki and Hisoka walked through the streets of town with the two younger girls running around them happy with the treat of leaving the temple grounds.

"Don't go too far you two!" shouted Yuki when the girls ran a few feet ahead of them.

The two girls stopped allowing the teenagers to catch up with them.

"Something is wrong," said Yuki after a moment.

"What do you mean?" asked Hisoka.

"Someone is going to die today," said Yuki looking off into the distance at the setting sun. "Can you feel it?"

Hisoka shook his head, though he had to admit he felt a chill run up his spine when they left the grounds and he wondered what tragedy lay ahead for the family. He wondered if the Ryujin line would end here, he hoped not.

`Tsuzuki should be back by now,' thought Hisoka. `What is wrong? Where is he?'

"The Ryujin Temple!" shouted someone snapping Hisoka out of his reverie.

"Grandfather!" Yuki shouted, running at top speed to the temple.

"Yuki!" Hisoka cried, taking off after her, with the two girls not far behind them wondering what was wrong.
____________________________________________________________
Okibi sat up and looked out of the mouth of the cave, something was wrong at the temple.

"Grandfather," she whispered.

Her eyes scanned the horizon; however, she couldn't see what she was looking for and that did not bode well for her.


"What is it?" asked Tsuzuki.

"Something is wrong back home," said Okibi softly.

"Do you know what it is?"

Okibi's head jerked up and she saw smoke rising from the sky in the direction of her house.

"No," she whispered.

"Damn," hissed Tsuzuki.

Okibi gathered her power and prepared to fire a ball of ice at the shield keeping her from her family.
_____________________________________________________________ Muraki walked down the steps of the temple the flames leaping from the shrine. He smirked to himself and looked behind him at the fallen form of the old priest. Everything was coming into play and soon he would have the legendary power and the legendary sword. Then Tsuzuki-san would be his and he could finally kill his bastard of a brother.
____________________________________________________________

Yuki ran up the stairs, the smell of smoke and burning wood burned her nostrils. She was terrified that her grandfather was injured or even worse scared that he might be dead; she couldn't bear the thought of losing him, not now, nor ever. Therefore, she continued to run even though she could hear the voice of Hisoka demanding that she stop. Her mind didn't register with his command; she was too busy trying to get to her temple to reach her family.

Half way up the steps she slipped on a loose stone and collapsed with a thud onto the ground. She blinked and winced when she pushed herself up, white shoes coming into her line of vision.

"Good evening Yuki-chan," said a male voice. "You haven't changed from last year."

"Nani," said Yuki looking up questions flitting through her mind.

Hisoka cursed when he saw the girl was still running intent on reaching her family temple.

`Why is it that females never do what they're told half the time?' he thought scowling. He froze when he saw Yuki's fallen form and the man that stood above her reaching out for her; he didn't notice when the two younger girls came to a halt behind him, his eyes were fixed on Muraki.

"Muraki!" he shouted. "Get away from her!"

Muraki looked up and smiled mockingly at him.

"What an annoying boy you are becoming," sneered Muraki. "In fact I think you are becoming even more annoying then I ever though possible."

"Don't touch her!" shouted Hisoka.

"And what will you be do if I do touch her?" asked Muraki chuckling as he continued to reach for the fallen miko.

"Yuki, get away from him!" Hisoka yelled at her.

"Nani?" blinked Yuki looking over her shoulder at him.

It was then the pain hit her, the pain and the fear; only one thing was certain: This man was dangerous and she had to get away form him now. She moved quickly from the steps and found herself on the ground an inch away from the man in white. She pushed herself to her feet and ran toward Hisoka and the girls. She grabbed up Kagame into her arms and took off running into the woods; Hisoka grabbed the other girl and followed the Ryujin girl into the woods.

"Where are we going?" asked Hisoka.

"To a scared place where the spirits of old dwell," responded Yuki.

"Evil," said Magame pointing over Hisoka's shoulder.

Hisoka looked over his shoulder and saw Muraki coming after them, or rather Muraki and the Beasts of Hell.

"We're about to have company!" shouted Hisoka.

Yuki looked over her head and cursed, "Follow me!"

The young woman turned sharply and ducked under the low branches of a Weeping Willow, Hisoka following her. They held the girls close and leaned against the tree trunk, hoping that they wouldn't be found. They were standing there for what seemed like forever when they heard a faint cracking noise; the looked down and noticed that the ground was starting to give way underneath them.

"Oh shit," whispered Yuki as they both looked back up at each other.

Suddenly the ground gave way beneath their feet and they found themselves falling down a shaft. When they landed darkness enclosed around them all.
_____________________________________________________________
Tsuzuki brushed some ice from his shirt and stared at the Ryujin female, who still looked like she wanted to kill something.

"Do you feel better now?" asked Tsuzuki.

"Yeah," said Okibi. "Let's go find the others and see if they are okay."

They two of them left the cave and began to journey toward the temple.

"That seemed a little too easy," said Tsuzuki softly.

"He let us escape," said Okibi.
_____________________________________________________________
"Ow," said Yuki wincing as she pushed herself up. "Kagame, Magame are you two okay?"

The two girls nodded slowly, and Yuki turned her attention to Hisoka.

"What about you Shinigami?"

"I've felt better," said Hisoka rubbing his head. "Why couldn't I use my powers to stop the falling?"

"These grounds cancel out all power," said Yuki softly. "Even mine."

"What is that?" asked Magame.

"What is what?" asked Yuki looking to where the girl was pointing. "Oh my God!" she said.

Hisoka and Yuki looked at a shrine that had been built and on it surrounded by light, was a curved sword; its handle was made out of black onyx and the scabbard was made from old leather.

"That's it," whispered Yuki. "That is the Sword of Immortals."
___________________________________________________________ __
Author's Notes: Thanks to Kyia for betaing this chapter for me