Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Pearly ❯ Gerontophilia ( Chapter 31 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Thirty-One: Gerontophilia:

March 2nd, 2010.

The ceremony was a private one. They had the priest's wife as a witness. Tsuzuki held Anna's hand from the moment they first walked into the shrine. One piece of paper married them and the priest blessed their marriage. He let them say their vows. Much like everything else, the vows were improvised. Tsuzuki made his short with a sharp point.

"Anna," he addressed. "I am lazy, childish, and try too much to make people like me, but I do know this. I love you and I will do everything in my power to keep you safe and make you happy every day." Anna had her own vows too.

"Asato-kun," she said. "You're the first person since Papa's death to reach out to me. Since then, you've been so dear to me. We are still damaged people, but I won't let you break down. I will love and stay with you with all of my being!" The priest's wife remained silent, but drawn in by their words. Tsuzuki and Anna signed the certificate and they were married.

---------

April 16th, 2010.

8:00 a.m.

Tsuzuki sat in a daze as the other discussed the case. Asmodeus was in on this. The man who drove him to depression had come back. I have to warn, Anna!

"Tsuzuki!" he heard someone shout. The shinigami jerked his head upwards to see Tatsumi and Tana staring at him.

"You feeling okay?" Tatsumi asked. The other shinigami nodded with such a pale face.

"Yeah, yeah," he lied. His former partner didn't believe him, but turned back to the case, saying nothing.

"Now," Tana said. "My theory remains the same."

"Despite the lesbians?" the secretary asked.

"Except for them," she said. "The victims have been heterosexual."

"Then why change patterns?" Hisoka asked. Tana sat back in her chair.

"Lust, impulse, curiosity," she listed. "All of those could apply."

"Asmodeus," Tsuzuki muttered.

"What was that?" Tatsumi asked. The older shinigami lifted his head.

"He's pulling the strings," he said.

"What are you talking about?" Hisoka asked. Tsuzuki pressed his lips together.

"Please listen as I say this," he said.

"Tsuzuki," Tatsumi said.

"No, listen!" he shouted. "I know who the source is!" He tried to push himself and continue talking. "It's a demon named Asmodeus and he's trying to evoke the mother." Tsuzuki looked at each one their expressions on their faces for any sort reaction.

"You don't believe me, do?" Tsuzuki asked.

"I believe you," Tana said. "Go on." The shinigami almost wished he hadn't said anything. It's too late now, he thought. Tsuzuki shut his eyes.

"I don't have the whole details yet," he explained. "He said he was using a vessel to kill these couples." The shinigami felt himself breaking down. "Don't ask me anymore!" he said. Tsuzuki opened his eyes.

"Excuse me," he said in a quiet voice. He bowed and walked out of the room.

"Tsuzuki?" Hisoka asked. The door swung shut.

-----------

In the hallway, Tsuzuki slumped to the floor, exhaling. He took out his cell phone and dialed up his wife. Come on, pick up! This is important! He bit his lip as the other line rang.

"Hello," her voice mail said. "I can't come to my phone right now. Leave a message and I'll get back to you when I can." Tsuzuki's stomach dropped as the other line beeped.

"Anna-chan!" he pleaded. "We're in serious trouble! Asmodeus is back! He knows about the mother. Even worse, he is the one behind our case. Please call me back. I have to keep you safe from him!" The shinigami hit send and tried to calm himself down. Suddenly, no sex for a month was pushed to the side as the others factored in that new piece of information Tsuzuki gave the moments before. Somehow, a clear and darker puzzle began to emerge.