Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Fate Plays A Part ❯ Chapter 3

[ A - All Readers ]

Fate Plays Apart

Chapter Three

By Kellyq

 

Chazz followed Bastion to what looked like a nine story building. It was painted an off yellow. Small windows could been seen from the nineth floor to the second. Big windows were all around the first floor. The main doors were glass too.

Bastion pulled out what looked like a card with numbers on the back. He opened the door and allowed Chazz to walk in first. Right in front of them was another set of glass doors. On the right was the office hours. The other door had a big sign saying not to let anyone whom did not live in the "Ra Yellow" apartments. Bastion turned and walked to the side of the wall. Chazz followed his gaze to see a panel with numbers. On the right was a black box, Bastion placed the card in front and a beeping sound mixed with buzzing was heard.

They both walked in. To there right was a mail-box stand with room numbers. Bastion walked up, with a key in his hand. Chazz watched what the brown haired boy was doing, and followed him up the stairs to the second floor. They turned the corner and came to the end of the hallway. Bastion pulled out his key and stopped to the door with the number of 204.

Bastion unlocked the door and opened it. He stepped out of the way and gestured for Chazz to walk in first.


"I'm sure he just went for a walk," Jaden reassured her.

"I suppose you're right," Alexis sighed. "I already told Shepered that Chazz is gone -"

Jaden nodded his head. "So how's your brother?"

"No changes - I just wish there were some changes so I know he's going to be alright."

Syrus stepped up with concern in his eyes. "What is your brother sick of?"

"That's the thing - we're not sure," Alexis stated. "He has a high fever -"

Syrus nodded his head, looking as though he was trying to remember something.


The apartment was a large Studio. To the right was an metal shelf. To the left was the counter with a sink, and stove. Above all that were cabinets. Straight a head were windows. Chazz looked to the right again to see the bathroom. He looked at the left to see three shelves full of stuff - like towels, bed sheets and more. The place was quite spacious, with Bastion's bed was on metal stilts, and the computer table underneath.

"So," Chazz started. He walked to the window. "This is where you live."

Bastion walked up. "Let me take your coat and ear-muf's -"

The brown haired boy frowned when he saw Chazz stiffen, and shake slightly. Now Bastion was a little worried. He called out to the other boy, but Chazz didn't respond.

Bastion reached out and turned Chazz around, the ear-muff's coming off his head and landing on the floor. So they doexist, Bastion thought seeing the cat ears.

Chazz immediately turned his head, feeling slightly exposed. His expression darkened at the thought of his two brothers criticizing him for trusting a human - and not just any human - a male human.


"I just remembered something," Syrus said suddenly causing Jaden and Alexis to look at the smaller boy. "I had a fever once, and my brother took care of me and gave me cough syrup and Advil. Do you have any? That will help."

Alexis shook her head. "We don't have that much access to medications to keep us alive."

Syrus looked sympathetically at the two. "I can help -"

"That's really sweet of you," Alexis responded kindly. "But a group of people who really owns the building tries really hard to help us best as they can."

"That's cool -" Syrus started.

"Sure is," Jaden interrupted. "And one of them looks a lot like you."

The blue haired boy blushed, and rose a brow. "Really?"

Jaden nodded his head. Alexis rolled her eyes, turned and started to walk back toward her room. Jaden was the first to notice it; he was about to call out but decided not to.

"Do you think she's going to be okay?" Syrus asked, watching her.

"I've never known for her to quit on her brother," Jaden answered.


Bastion was starting to become really worried now. Chazz looked sort of pale and Bastion could see that the dark haired boy had faint cut marks on his neck; including what looked like burn marks on the outer rim of his ears.

"I - I shouldn't even be here -"

"Are you sure..." Bastion started.

"I should just go," Chazz said darkly.

The dark haired boy turned but stopped when Bastion reached out took and hold of Chazz's arm. "I would like you to stay -"

There was tension in the air and Chazz's expression didn't change. He pulled out of Bastion's hand and stepped to the door. At that exact moment, there was a knock at the door.

"Oh, Bastion - honey," came a deep female voice, from the other side of the door. "Are you home?"

Chazz turned to see the brown haired boy's expression had changed dark with slight anger. The lady knocked on the door again and Bastion didn't respond. There was silence for a moment, and the sound of footsteps. Chazz looked back and forth between Bastion and the door.

"Mind filling me in," Chazz said.

"I'd rather not talk about it," Bastion sighed.

The vibes changed a little. Chazz couldn't help but smirk. "Oh - I see. Girl trouble?"

Bastion turned his head slightly, his expression still dark. "That was no lady," the brown haired man started. "She's part of a group that will start coming after you and the rest of your kind. That's the reason why I brought you here - to warn you."

Chazz blinked in shock. They were going to be hunted down just for their appearance? Chancellor Shepard has to be warned ....

To Be Continued ...