Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Fate Plays A Part ❯ Chapter 4

[ A - All Readers ]

Fate Plays A Part

Chapter Four

By KellyQ

Syrus just noticed that it was really late. How did he lose track of time? He was having fun with Jaden, he didn't realize the time, and now he was going to have to stay the night.

Now, where to sleep.

Syrus could sleep on the floor, with a blanket and something to cushion his head.

"It looks like you'll be staying the night," Jaden beamed, snapping the blue haired boy out of his thoughts.

"Yea, it looks like it," Syrus sighed. "But where am I going to sleep?"

"Outside of course," Jaden teased, but the look on Syrus' face told him that he was not in the mood. "I was teasing. You can sleep with me."

Syrus blushed and looked at the bed, then back at Jaden. "Are you sure? It looks a little small for two people."

"That's what is going to make it fun," the brown haired boy piped up. "We can even tell ghost stories -"

"Ghost stories -" Syrus yelped in fear.

Jaden tried very hard to suppress his laughter at the sight of the blue haired boy reaction. Syrus pouted cutely when he felt that Jaden was just playing around.


By morning, Chazz found himself tangled in some thick blankets. They felt like flannel with a scent. Is this what humans smell like, Chazz thought. He blushed slightly, as he tried to fight his way out of the covers. Chazz froze when he felt part of the Air-Mattress sink, and a hand on his.

"Need help?" came a voice that happened to be Bastion.

Chazz stayed still, and the covers were pulled away from his head, as he came face to face with Bastion. They both looked at each other.

Bastion was the first to smile. "Well, good morning," he said cheerfully. "I trust you slept well."

"Sure," Chazz mocked. "It's the first thing I do in the morning - is to suffocate myself in an army of blankets."

Bastion laughed and took hold of the blankets and covered Chazz's face. The dark haired boy let out a muffled yelp of shock. The brown haired boy chuckled at the muffled sounds Chazz made. Bastion pulled the covers back to see a playful look on the dark haired boy's face.

"I see how it is," Chazz teased. He took hold of the blankets and draped them over Bastion who fell back slightly. The dark haired boy's ears perked up when he heard Bastion hit the floor instead of the mattress. "Don't tell me I broke anything."

The covers shook indicating that Bastion was laughing and he was. Chazz pulled the blanket away to see the brown haired boy landed on his back. Bastion winced slightly as he sat up.

"I'm fine," he reassured the dark haired boy.

"Good," Chazz said, and got up. "Now I hope there's decent food in this cheap place, I'm hungry."

"What do you normally eat for breakfast?" Bastion asked.

He got to his feet and walked to Chazz who was now looking in the refrigerator. There were strawberries, Country Potato bread, salad mix, Corn on the cob, and more.

"I know I don't have much," Bastion explained. "So why don't we go out to eat?"

Chazz was about to asked where they could eat, when a buzzing sound came from the computer table. Bastion walked up and picked up his Cell-phone. He flipped it open and put it to his ear.

"Professor Banner ..." he started. "Not much. I finally got one of the Cat-people with me. Weird? I'll have to ask," Bastion said again and looked at Chazz. "Has anything weird happened?"

The dark haired boy rose a brow. "Besides meeting you? No."

Bastion put the phone back to his ear. "None of the Hunters have made their move yet ... you'll be coming here? But Chazz had not have breakfast yet ... sure we can do that. Right. I'll give you a call. Bye."

Chazz couldn't help but smirk. Why did he feel he can tease and play around with Bastion without him thinking it was an insult? Maybe it was the feeling he got when he was around Bastion – and he had to admit that it was a good feeling.


Syrus woke up, feeling quite cozy and safe. He slowly opened his eyes to find Jaden watching him with a soft smile. The blue haired boy felt warmth on his face which indicating that he was blushing slightly.

"Good morning Syrus," Jaden murmured kindly.

"Hey," the blue haired boy responded. "Were you waiting long?"

Jaden shook his head. "I was enjoying watching you sleep."

Syrus blushed a deeper shade of red, feeling embarrassed. The blue haired boy took hold of the covers and pulled them over his head.

Jaden chuckled. "Well, you are cute - and we're going to miss breakfast."


Chazz handed the empty plate over to Bastion, who walked to the sink to wash. "How was it?"

"I didn't know that humans could cook. I always thought that humans live off of cardboard ..."

"You mean TV-Dinners," Bastion said, making a face. He pulled his cell-phone out from his pocket and flipped it open, pressed a few buttons and put it to his ear. "Yep it's me. You'll be here in a few? See you then."

"So. Tell me about this Banner person -"

"He's a teacher at a College ..."


Jaden and Syrus made their way to the place where they had dinner the previous night. Neither of them said a word as they walked until they came across two boys in the hallway. They both looked identical from each other, except the smaller one had cat ears and a tail.

Jaden smiled at them both. "Hey, Yami. How is Yugi?"

At the exact moment Yami opened his mouth, Yugi sniffed the air. His face lit up, and he waved his hands here and there to guide himself toward Jaden. He must be blind, Syrus thought, watching as Jaden and Yugi hugged. The blue haired boy watched for a moment, until he heard a faint rumbling sound.

"I'll take it that he's happy to see me," Jaden said to Yami, hearing Yugi purr.

"Hey, aren't you going to introduce me?" Syrus urged, feeling sort of left out.

To Be Continued ...