Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Fate Plays A Part ❯ Chapter 5

[ A - All Readers ]

When Fate Plays A Part

Chapter Five

KellyQ

Chazz handed the empty plate over to Bastion, who walked to the sink to wash. "How was it?"

"I didn't know that humans could cook. I always thought that humans live off of cardboard ..."

"You mean TV-Dinners," Bastion said, making a face. He pulled his cell-phone out from his pocket and flipped it open, pressed a few buttons and put it to his ear. "Yep it's me. You'll be here in a few? See you then."

"So. Tell me about this Banner person -"

"He's a teacher at a College ... he's -"

Just right then, a loud piercing sound could be heard. At first, Bastion jumped a little but groaned in annoyance. Chazz however dashed under the computer table, shaking with fear. Coward ... came mocking voices of his brothers. No ... I'm not, I'm ...

"Chazz," Bastion called out, getting the other boy's attention. "We have to get out of here!"

The young Princeton blinked a few times, to realize that Bastion had already grabbed Chazz's ear-muffs. The brown haired boy was now right in front of him, reaching out for him.

"There's nothing to be afraid of," Bastion tried to reason. "Now give me your hand!"

Chazz gave a meek nod, he moved a little closer. Bastion pulled the boy closer. A sudden feeling came over Chazz, like he could trust Bastion. The dark haired boy snapped out of the feeling when he was pulled to his feet, and the ear-muffs placed over his ears. What's this feeling, Bastion thought, looking at Chazz. I have no time to have such thoughts. He shook his head to clear it, and pulled Chazz out the door.

Once in the hallway, the piercing sound was louder, and more mesmerizing. Chazz felt light headed, and weak. The sound of the firealarm was really starting to affect his strength. Bastion helped the trembling boy down the stairs.

The door was just ahead when they came to the last step. Bastion opened the door, and a light breeze blew gently in. He stepped aside to let Chazz go first. Bastion came behind, allowing the door to close on its own, with a bang.


A dark twisted smirk appeared on the woman's face. She scanned the small group of people and spotted Bastion standing next to a boy wearing ear-muffs.

Tanya walked up to the two boys and smiled. "So, you were home," she said eyeing the two. "And who's your friend?"

Bastion narrowed his eyes. I should've known, he thought. "He's a friend – and what do you want?" he asked, impatiently.

Tanya looked over at Chazz, and took a good look at him. She noticed that his hands were shaped differently, and ...

"Bastion," a voice called. perfect timing, the brown haired boy thought. He turned to see a man running up.

He had black hair tied back, and his glasses were of an odd shape of rectangle. The man wore a blouse, and blue pants.

Bastion waved. "Over hear, Professor Banner!"

Tanya growled in frustration, and back away. She was going to have to think of something else.


Yugi sniffed the air. His face lit up, and he waved his hands here and there to guide himself toward Jaden. He must be blind, Syrus thought, watching as Jaden and Yugi hugged. The blue haired boy watched for a moment, until he heard a faint rumbling sound.

"I'll take it that he's happy to see me," Jaden said to Yami, hearing Yugi purr.

"Hey, aren't you going to introduce me?" Syrus urged, feeling sort of left out.

Yami's eyes shifted to Syrus, who shivered. The way Yami walked was like a god, and his eyes held power.

Yami bent down to one knee in front of Syrus. "Ah ... so you're the little one Chancellor Shepard told me about. What's your name?"

The blue haired boy blinked, snapping out of his thought. "S - Syrus." He stuttered out.

Yami smiled softly at him. "You don't have to be afraid of me ..."

Jaden gave Syrus a reassuring look. "Yami is a really caring person. Take it from Yugi ... he'll tell yea ..."

The blue haired boy watched as Yugi pulled away from Jaden, as the brown haired boy guided him toward Yami. The taller of the three turned slightly and reached out to take a hold of Yugi's hand. The blind and deaf cat-boy sniffed the air, when he felt another pressence near by.

Syrus watched in awe as Yami did some sign language in Yugi's hand. It was fast at first until he slowed down. Yami looked over at Syrus.

"Can you hold out your hand?"

"Uh ... sure."

The blue haired boy extended his hand. It took a moment for Yugi to find Syrus' and and took it. The blue haired boy froze when Yugi stepped up and sniffed his hand.

"It's okay," Jaden reassured Syrus. "It's his way of knowing if you're friendly or not ..."

The blue haired boy nodded his head.


After waiting for a while, the residents to the "Ra Yellow" Apartments were able to go in. Bastion and Banner helped Chazz into the elavator. Once to the second floor and to room 204, Bastion unlocked the door, and alowed them both in.

"Do you have any Cat-Nip?" Banner asked Bastion.

"I think so," the brown haired boy said. He walked into the bathroom. He opened the cobert door, and pulled out a beg of green crushed herbs.

Banner walked up and took the biggest one. He walked up to Chazz, and held it to his nose. The dark haired boy did seem to relax to the sent. "Bastion," Banner spoke again. "Sprinkle some of the Cat-nip on the pillow."

The brown haired boy nodded his head. He stepped up and sprinkled all over where Chazz slept. Banner helped Chazz to his feet and laied him down. It wasn't long before the dark haired boy was resting peacefully.

"He'll be okay," Banner spoke. "Now, tell me what happened. It was obvious that someone did this on purpose ..."

To Be Continued ...