Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Monster Mayhem! ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Monster Mayhem- Japan vs. Egypt!

By: DJ Rodriguez

(Author's Notes: Hi, everyone! Listen, I'm getting a bit tired of all of the Egyptian stuff going on in Yu-Gi-Oh. So, I'm going to spice things up a little! I'm going to pit my all-time favorite monster, Godzilla, and two other against the Egyptian God monsters!

Yugi: Also, I'm going to play a pivotal role in this one. Everyone else will be too, but DJ is going to put me as the main character.

Darien: This fanfic is also going to be Yugi/Ishizu. DJ is also working hard on his schoolwork, and the other fanfics he posted at MediaMiner.org. So, please be patient with this story and him.

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Prologue

Deep in the heart of Okinawa, Japan, something special was taking shape. In the woods, near a shoreline, stood an old shrine at belonged to a royal family known as Azumi. The residents, and caretakers, of the shrine were an old priest and his granddaughter, a High Priestess. Both looked over the shrine, the abode holding many secrets and prophecies. Plus, they were long descendents of the Azumi Royal Family, thus it was also their duty and job to watch over the shrine.

The High Priestess, known as Keiko, was doing some traditional dancing in front of the shrine. She was a beauty in her own right; light tan skin, beautiful midnight-black hair, 5'7, slim, and also graceful. She was dressed in a light purple kimono garb, and singing an ancient chant. She suddenly stopped, gasped, and had her hands clasped over her chest in a prayer state. She was blessed with the gift of vision, but it always showed signs of danger. She saw this:

Fire danced up from a trampled city, screams of pain and death heavy in the air. Three massive beasts stood before her, a small being on top of one of them. A very dark, ebony-like aura that covered this being was deep and highly concentrated. Just as the four continued their rampage of destruction and death, a bright blue-white light shot forth from the heavens!

Three beasts came forth from the immense beam of light that flooded a part of the city, saviors of mankind and the Earth. A small being floated downward, landing on the largest of the three beasts head, his aura of pure white light also having the same deepness and concentration as the dark being. The three stood opposite of the other three dark beings, a great battle about to start

Keiko returned to reality, but her body was shaking. She had seen a great battle, and it was about to be coming soon to the sacred land. She rushed away back to main shrine, where her grandfather was attending. The old man was busy sweeping and polishing the wood of the small shrine, when he saw her granddaughter burst through the doors.

"Grandfather!", she exclaimed while panting slightly. It was a bit of a run for her, but she did not care.

The old man quickly walked towards her and steadied her slightly. He asked, "What is the matter with you, my child?".

She told him about her vision, and he knew that once again, the mighty King Caesar would have to be awakened. Keiko saw the look in his eyes, and knew on what he was thinking.

"Grandfather, isn't King Caesar still hurt from his battle with MechaGodzilla?", she asked him. That day brought back some memories from the old shrine caretaker. It has been at least three years since the incident that caused King Caesar to be awakened in the first place.

{Flashback: King Caesar had awoken, as the prophecy foretold. It was a gigantic dog-like creature, divine to the Azumi Royal Family. Generations ago, it rose up from the earth and saved the family and people from invaders. Now, it was needed once again.

A terror known as MechaGodzilla, a cyborg replica of the real Godzilla, was unleashed upon the world. It was created by beings from the heavens that wanted to take over the Earth. The two fought hard and bitterly, but the metal monster was defeating King Caesar.

It was only due to help of Godzilla that King Caesar was able to defeat the mechanical creature. After that, the dog-monster went back to sleep in the earth, and Godzilla back to rest in the sea.}

The old man and Keiko knew that it would take awhile for King Caesar to fully heal himself, and even now they knew the divine protector would not be strong enough to meet this new evil.

"My child, what was being that you said was of light?", he asked. He figured that with some help, he would be able to buy some time for the divine beast to heal some more.

Keiko answered, "I saw that it was a young man, small in height like a child. However, I sensed a very powerful strength within him. He had the heart and strength of a samurai warrior.".

The wise shrine keeper nodded and said, "I see. Well, we better get to work on uncovering our mystery savior.".

She nodded fiercely, and both proceeded to prepare for a peculiar ritual. It was with hope that the ritual uncovered the mystery and revealed the savior of the world… before it was too late.

~Meanwhile, at Kaiba Towers~

Yami and Yugi were having a difficult time with Malik, both players low at 200 LP and the Winged Dragon of Ra on the field on Malik's side. Both Obelisk and Slifer were defeated earlier, and it seemed that the Dynamite Duo were on the ropes.

"There is no escape now, pharaoh!!", the maniac screamed out with glee.

Yugi was in his with Yami in astral form, very much determined not to lose, just like his dark half. 'I can't lose!! Mai, Bakura, Marik… they are all depending on us!!', he exclaimed.

Marik was about to deliver the final blow, when something peculiar happened. The Winged Dragon of Ra, transformed into a phoenix-like state, returned back to normal form. As soon as did that, Obelisk and Slifer emerged besides the golden eagle as well.

"WHAT IN RA'S NAME-?!", Malik exclaimed in total shock and surprise.

Everyone else was in the same state too. Seeing the Egyptian God monsters come out on their own, and Ra transforming back with no order from Marik, was really something to gawk about.

"How in the hell?! They just appeared out on their own!", Joey shouted out.

Seto was now dumbfounded at this, as was Ishizu. Both understood the power of the divine beasts, but this was just totally new and unexpected.

Malik shouted, "What are you doing?! I gave you no command to transform back or stop!!".

The three monsters then glared down at the small being, and for the first time ever… Malik knew what fear felt like. His skin and soul crawled as it saw the gleam in the eyes of the monsters.

Suddenly, Ra roared with all its might! The earth shook some, and the rest of the beasts followed. Fast as lighting, bolts of black energy zoomed from their very beings and engulfed Malik!

"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!", he screamed in pain as the monsters slowly took him over.

It was then clear to all that Malik having the Millennium Eye, Rod, and Ring (and Yugi/Yami having the Puzzle and Necklace) meant diddly-squat. The Egyptian God cards were now breaking free from their control, and not all the Shadow Magic in the world could stop them!

"Malik!!", Yugi shouted after he took over once again.

Malik was screaming in pain, engulfed by light-yellow energy. It lasted for a few minutes, then it subsided. Malik was now smoking, literally. His clothes were burned badly, and he was down on both knees. Slowly, his upper torso lifted itself up and everyone saw Malik's eyes were blank as printing paper.

"Hello, foolish mortals.", came a deep bass, unworldly voice from Malik's body. It shook everyone down to their very souls. Even Marik, what's left of his mind in Téa's body, was shaken by the ominous voice.

"I am the Winged Dragon of Ra, and we are using this vessel to communicate with you.", the booming voice declared.

"I am Slifer, and we are tired of obeying the humans commands.", a deep, female-like voice stated.

"I'm Obelisk, and now we are breaking free from the binds of humans.", a less deep voice sounded off. It was less deep then Ra's voice, but it was enough.

Ishizu stepped forward and exclaimed, "I do not understand! Why are you doing this?!".

Ra answered, "We have the power to destroy and annihilate worlds, yet we have been controlled by lesser humans.".

Slifer took up, "We have decided that humanity's time is run out, thus we now seek to conquer all.".

Tristen exclaimed, "So, you're going to wipe out the world for your own kind?! The Duel Monsters in the Shadow Realm?!".

Obelisk spoke up, "No. We plan to rule all, both the Shadow Realm and the human world. Anyone who opposes us… will be destroyed.".

That said and done, the three God monsters stomped off of the island, going into the direction of Domino City. Malik was obliterated, his soul sent to Hell. Marik's body was now used as the vessel of the three divine beasts, it floating above Ra's head.

Everyone stood on the banks of the island, too stunned for words. Yami, beside Yugi in astral form, was beside himself as well, seeing that the Egyptian Gods had now declared war on the Earth!

"What do we do now?!", Duke exclaimed. Nobody had any answers at this point. Even Seto and Mokuba had no clues on what to do.

Yugi was thinking, when he heard a soft, pleading voice called forth on the wind, "Young one, you are needed. Please, you are the one who can save the people of this land.". The voice was female, and was so that only Yugi could hear it!

"What do you mean?", he called out loud. Everyone froze at his voice, looking as if Yugi lost his mind.

"Great! Now Yugi's hearing voices!", Joey said with distraught. Yugi motioned for him to be quiet, and with the weird things going on around here, the blonde did what he was told.

The voice then instructed Yugi to head for Okinawa, giving off exact locations o here to go. Before Yugi could ask on who it was, the voice simply vanished.

After much debating with himself, Yugi decided that they didn't have any choice in the matter. He went to Kaiba and asked, "Seto, can you take us to Okinawa?".

This puzzled Seto and Mokuba, as well as the rest. He demanded, "Why? What can there be in a remote place like that?!".

Yugi shook his head and answered, "Look, someone just told me that the key to stopping those monsters lies there! It's in a small shrine near the shore, and I trust it.".

Mokuba exclaimed, "You really think we should just listen to a voice that told you this?!".

Yugi shook his head sadly and replied, "I don't think we have much choice here.".

Everyone realized that he was right. Choices to how to stop the three monsters were very limited, and this was there only reasonable option. Seto sighed, agreeing to Yugi's request. He then ordered everyone towards the helicopter, where it was refueled and awaiting them near the tower.

Yami asked Yugi over their link, 'Yugi, was what you said true?'. Even though they were linked in both thoughts and emotions, Yami could not hear what Yugi heard for some reason.

Yugi sighed and replied, 'Yes, Yami. Why would I make up something like that if it wasn't important?'.

Yami said to himself, 'Good question. Well, I'll trust Yugi's judgment on this one.'.

~Back in Okinawa~

Keiko was sitting in a darkened room, lightened only by a ring of candles. She was stationed in the middle of the ring, concentrating hard. Soon, she relaxed and took a deep breath.

"Well, did you find our savior?", an old voice asked from the shadows.

Keiko knew it was her grandfather and she answered, "Yes. I'm positive I have found him. He is now on his way here with others.".

The old man smoothed out the hairs on his gray beard and said, "They will be of some help too. I have called our allies in the city and in Interpol. They are coming too.".

Keiko stood up and whispered, "Good. We need all the help we can get…".

~Deep in the Pacific Ocean~

Something was stirring. A powerful force was moving at 40 knots in the water below. It was a monster of unequaled power and strength, one born from Man's experiments with H-bombs. It felt something moving into its territory, something very powerful and fierce. It was a threat to its home, thus it moved to defend it.

(Author's Notes: Guess on who this force is? Do so, and you will have the honor of being in the story as an extra!

Yugi: Which Japanese monsters would you like to see battle the Egyptian God monsters? Also, all of you are going to be surprised later on in the story!

Darien: Yep! Later on, Yugi's line of history will be revealed. Surprises await all in this fanfic!

R&R, no flames, enjoy, and leave long reviews!)