Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Monster Mayhem! ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Monster Mayhem!

By: DJ Rodriguez

(Author's Notes: Thanks to all that read and reviewed! I'm a little disappointed that few actually took the time to review this fanfic of mine, but its okay.

Yugi: And, the three monsters who will take on the Egyptian God monsters are… King Caesar, Anguilus, and Godzilla! However, two special ladies will make a cameo appearance later on.

Darien: The surprises don't stop there! Yugi's past will be revealed in the next chapter, and also Ishizu will learn more about Yugi then she though possible!

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 4

It was about 4:15 a.m. when the helicopter reaches its destination. Seeing the small shrine and castle, the pilot informs everyone that they had arrived. Waking up from their slumber, everyone yawned and stretched as best they could.

"What time is it?", a sleepy Mokuba inquired.

When the pilot answered his question, it let out a loud groan from the group. Duke remarked, "Couldn't it have been a little farther until 7:00?!".

Seto retorted, "If it did, the Egyptian God monsters would have been at Domino by now!".

As they jumped out onto solid ground, Yugi turned to Seto and said, "I don't think so, Seto. In fact, those three God monsters are slowing down for some reason.".

Everyone looked at the young hero in puzzlement, and he told them, "Yami told me that he felt a very powerful force, nearly equal to Ra's power, met and fought with them.".

Ishizu's eyes widen slightly and asked, "Who won?".

Yugi's eyes lowered some and answered, "The Egyptian God monsters did, but even I feel that they are very much injured from the battle. The force just bought Domino some time.".

Mokuba soon waved to the pilot, and the helicopter soon rose back into the air and took off back to Domino City. When it was completely out of sight, everyone turned to see the moon shining on a very old, slightly ruined castle/shrine. The building made of stone and also fashioned in traditional Japanese fashion.

"Man, what a creepy place.", Joey muttered as he saw a large statue of a weird dog "looking" at him. It unnerved him to say the least, it looking more freaky looking then Malik.

"For once, I agree with you Wheeler.", Seto muttered under his breath. He looked at Yugi and asked, "Yugi, are you sure that voice told you to come here?".

Yugi sighed, turned to face Kaiba, and answered, "Yes, I am sure. The voice distinctly told me the place on where to go, and it is here.".

Téa sighed and asked, "Now that we are here, what else do we do?".

Everyone looked all around the area, and Duke saw the stairway up the shrine. "Come on, maybe someone lives here.", he said as he motioned towards the stairs.

Seeing that they had little choice, they group then proceeded to climb the stone stairway. As they walked, Ishizu and Marik (still inside Téa's mind) couldn't help but notice that a strange presence overlooked the shrine/castle. It was as if… a large set of red eyes was watching them.

After climbing the stairway, they came upon a small house that was situated besides a medium-sized shrine. It was in the traditional Japanese style, dating back to the feudal era.

"Its old, but well-kept.", Ishizu commented.

Yugi and the gang saw a sliding door about 7 feet away and went towards it. Yugi knocked softly, knowing that it would be rude to bang on the door so early in the morning. After a few knocks, soft footsteps were heard on the other side of the door.

"Whew! It's good someone is a light sleeper.", Serenity whispered.

The sliding door slid open, revealing an ancient man wearing yellow sleeping robes. He was about 5'5, and looked to be around 85 years of age.

"Yes, can I help…", he was saying when he saw Yugi.. His eyes immediately widen, and he seemed to gain a new burst of energy.

"Ah, we have been expecting you, Savior! Please, please come in quickly!", he exclaimed. He grabbed Yugi's hand and gently pulled him inside the small house. The rest of the group, as well as Yugi, were surprised on all of this. They slowly followed in, squinting their eyes to see into the darkness.

The old man released Yugi near the floor entrance, not wanting for the young boy to enter wearing shoes. He took out a match, flicked it on, and lit some candles in the room. In a few minutes, the whole home was lit up and the scents of sakura blossoms hung in the air.

"Keiko! Keiko! Wake up, my child!", he called out.

From a nearby room, a sliding door opened up and out of it stepped forth a beautiful woman that caught the attention of all of the guys, including Seto! Dressed in a white kimono, the High Priestess sleepily walked into the living room. She rubbed her eyes to rid the sand from them, and opened them. Waiting for a while to regain focus, she then saw Yugi and Co. with her grandfather.

"Grandfather, why are you calling for me at such an early time?", she asked sleepily.

The old man rushed to her and stated, "My child, he is here! The savior of the land is here!".

That simple statement made the young woman snap out of her sleepy state, and she rushed towards the young man to examine him. Yugi blushed, being very close to a beautiful woman such as Keiko. Of course, Téa was slightly angry and jealous at this. But now… so was Ishizu.

After looking up and down Yugi, Keiko backed away slightly, smiled, and nodded her head. She said, "Yes, he is the one. Yugi Moto, it is an honor to meet you in person.".

~Twenty minutes later~

The group was situated in the dining room, sitting at a traditional Japanese table and eating some food that Keiko quickly prepared. Now, the gang was going to get some answers for the questions that they held.

"Sir, why is it that you think I'm this 'savior'?", Yugi asked.

The old man bowed to him a little and answered, "That is because of two things; the prophecy that our ancestors wrote down long ago, and also that your spiritual aura is the key to everything.".

Ishizu inquired, "Spiritual aura? Are you referring to Yami?".

Keiko looked puzzled and asked, "Yami? Who is he?".

Yugi sighed, and with a glow of his puzzle, transformed into Yami. The old man and Keiko were surprised, but not by much. The High Priestess inquired, "Are you Yami?".

Yami bowed and answered, "Yes, I am Yami. I am Yugi's protector/guardian and friend.".

The old man asked, "How can this be? Your aura is not the same as Yugi's.".

Yami, with Ishizu, explained to them on why Yami inhabited Yugi's body, and how it came to be. After the long explanation, Keiko got a good grasp of the situation.

"This is surprising, but you are not the one we have spoken of. You, Yami, are not the savior.", she stated clearly and firmly.

The old man continued, "We have practiced many rituals in the past, and we have come to discern auras from other people. You, Yami, have an aura completely different from Yugi's. That is why we know you are not the one.".

Keiko spoke up, "However, your aura is similar to the evil one we felt earlier on. From those… monstrous creatures.".

Seto and Ishizu then explained on the three Egyptian God monsters, and it was there that the old priest and the High Priestess showed great disappointment.

"It is sad that foreign people now bring their troubles to Japan.", the grandfather spoke up before sipping down some tea.

Yugi, who transformed back earlier on, looked kind of ashamed of his actions. He said softly, "I am sorry that the problems of Egypt's past have come here, sir.".

The old one smiled warmly at Yugi and assured him, "No, no, little one. You are not to blame here.".

Keiko shot a look at Ishizu, and the Egyptian girl flinched slightly. The High Priestess sighed and made a mental note to talk to the woman later on.

Serenity spoke up, "Another question. What did you mean by a prophecy?".

Joey asked, "Yeah, I have been wondering about that too. What kind of prophecy are you talking about?".

The old man was about to answer, when a knock on the door sounded off. He went to answer it, and to his surprise, the Dream Team he had called earlier had arrived.

"Sir, good morning.", Keisuke greeted. They had drove all night, taken a late-night plane, and flown the rest of the way to the small island.

When they all came in, a round of introductions were made again and everyone shared explanations and discoveries. It was going to be a long night and meeting for all of them.

~Somewhere near the shore of Japan~

Godzilla and Anguilus lumbered from the ocean onto land, still bruised and weak from their battle with the three foreign monsters. They had faced many a strong foes like them, but never to this degree.

So, they had decided to wait and heal up. While wondering onto the deserted, rocky shores of eastern Japan, a storm began to brew up. Rain came down upon them shortly, drenching the area and the monsters.

Godzilla roared with all his might, letting it be known to all that he was going to go back and face his new enemies. His friend roared with him, going to stand by Godzilla all the way. But now… they needed help. They needed another ally that would help them even the odds.

~Back in Okinawa~

It was about 6:30 a.m., and everyone was just stunned and surprised by the turn of events. Yugi and Co. was just shocked to learn about the Dream Team's connection with Keiko and her grandfather, and the team was surprised to hear about Yugi's adventures and trials as well.

"Interesting jobs you guys have.", Masahiko said.

Tristen remarked, "Maybe, but not as interesting as you fighting off aliens and a giant cyborg.".

One of the Interpol agents took off his glasses and said, "Alright, now that we all know each other, let's get down to business.".

Keiko bowed slightly to them all and answered, "Yes. Come, everyone. I will show you what our ancestors, the Azumi Royal Family, wrote down some hundred years ago.".

She gracefully walked out of the home, and urged the others to follow. Right behind her was Yugi, followed by the rest of the Domino Squad and the Dream Team.

She led them behind the family home, into a large cave, and with the sun's rays slowly coming forth, it slowly lifted a darkness to reveal a wall with red writing and symbols on it.

Yugi gasped in amazement, as did the rest of them. Ishizu and Marik saw that the drawings and writings were not Egyptian, having been drawn simply and also in another language. Thus, they could not read it.

"Keiko, can you tell us what these mean?", Serenity asked.

Keiko and her grandfather bowed to her slightly and started to sound off the prophecy: A wall of fire will appear on the land, engulfing the people and sending them to a nightmarish end. Three beings from another time and land will come forth, bringing death and destruction to all. However, when two suns appear, three guardians will arise and try to save the land. However, they will not be successful without the Savior, a being who has the blood of a divine founder, royalty of another land in the past, and the noble heart and will of a samurai warrior.

The group just listened intently, very much wondering on why this prophecy was connected to Yugi. The High Priestess looked at the small teenager and said, "You, Yugi Moto. I know you are the one, for I have researched into your heritage… and found something you should know about.".

Before anyone could say anything else, the grandfather spoke out, "However, we wish to tell you this. If you know you are ready to handle the responsibility and power that lies deep inside you, we will tell you of your heritage. Something on this big of scale is not to be handled lightly.".

Yugi was greatly surprised on this bit of information. Was he really ready to handle the greatest responsibility ever? He steeled himself, knowing long ago that there was no turning back.

'I've come this far with everyone, so there is no point for me to stop now.', he told himself.

Yugi then nodded seriously and stated, "I know I am ready for this, sir. I will do what I can to make sure that Japan and the rest of the planet does not fall into fire and darkness.".

Seeing the resolve and steel determination in the violet eyes, the two guardians of the Azumi Shrine/Castle then started to reveal the heritage of the small hero.

~On Infant Island~

About 233 miles east of Japan, was Infant Island. It was the resting place of an ancient, powerful monster and two tiny fairies that guarded the beast. The island was home to native people who worshiped the monster like a god. The monster was Mothra, a monster that was created long ago by the Earth.

The two tiny fairies, known to all as the Twin Fairies, stood atop the grand shrine that held Mothra. As of now, the beast was sealed up in a cocoon. The massive caterpillar had begun to metamorphose, and it would take time for it to reach its adult stage, which was a gigantic moth.

"Sister, do you feel that?", one of the fairies asked her sibling. Both were twins right down to the core, physically at least. Both had waterfall-like black hair, light orange clothes, and colorful headbands on their heads.

"Yes, I do.", the sister replied. She continued, "I feel a very strong and evil force, and its power is immense.".

The two looked over the ocean, then turned to see the cocoon behind them.

"Mothra is still changing. It will take a lot of time for it to change into its adult form.", one of the Fairies said sadly.

Looking back at the ocean, they started to pray to the gods for some guidance and help. With their main guardian out of commission for a while, they had to hope for another force to step in and delay the evil. Perhaps… even stop it.

After awhile, the two siblings felt a very strong wave of energy coming from 110 miles west of the island.

"Sister, do you feel that?!", the fairy on the right exclaimed.

Her twin nodded vigorously and answered, "Yes, I did! This power is very strong, and pure too! It maybe the Earth's only chance of survival against the evil we have felt.".

The twins then looked at the cocoon and said together, "We must have faith in this new power now. Until you emerge strong, Mothra, we will have to hope for the best.".

They almost swore they heard Mothra reply to their message. It was like they felt their monster agreeing with them, and that was saying something. So, seeing that they could do little at the moment, the Twin Fairies decided to go forth and see this pure power.

Using their mystical powers they inherited from the Earth itself, the two little ones flew over in a protective bubble towards the place where they felt the power. You know on who emitted that kind of power?

(Author's Notes: Well, this is where we leave you off at. Think Yugi has what it takes to become the Savior, even if he is without Yami? Secrets will be revealed, and they will surprise you without a doubt!

Yugi: That is right. After I find out my heritage and past, the old man and Keiko are going to train me to release my hidden powers and use it wisely.

Darien: Also, Ishizu is going to talk with Téa about Yugi, and also to Keiko on foreign problems. You see, DJ wants to let everyone see on why Keiko dislikes the fact that Egypt's past problems are now on Japanese soil and also interfering with other people's lives.

DJ: Think Yugi can do this? You think he's ready to handle the responsibility of being the Savior?

R&R, no flames, enjoy, and leave long reviews!)