Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Monster Mayhem! ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Monster Mayhem!

By: DJ Rodriguez

(Author's Notes: Sorry for delay, ladies and gentleman. School is in, and being a sophomore in college is hard work! That, and also working on other fanfics that are popping in my head.

Yugi: (Sweatdrops) Too true. Right now, even though he is writing this, he's thinking of pitting me and a few others against some impossible odds in a crazy idea!

Darien: DJ is contemplating that he should write a fanfic in which Yugi has to go up against: Jason Voorhees, Freddy Kruger, the Aliens, and also the Predator… ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!

DJ: (Grins) Insane, am I not? In any case, I hope you are not mad at me for the long wait.

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 7

Yugi was underneath a large waterfall, his shirt gone and also standing perfectly still while the water pounded on him harder then Ushio did in the past. The old grandfather stood nearby, watching intently as Yugi remained focused.

"Reach down into your soul, young one! Try to focus as much as possible with the water beating down on you!", he instructed loudly. This was a test of Yugi's patience and concentration, to see if he could find and unleash any of his hidden power amidst distraction.

Yugi's eyes were closed, his fists clenched tightly, and his legs standing firm as he took the assault on both his mind and body.

'Alright, I have to do this! Now, to just concentrate as hard as I can and look deep into my soul…', he said to himself as he focused his energy into the single task.

"And remember, if you need help, open up to nature! It will aid you as best it can!", the mentor called from the sidelines. He knew that communicating with nature would help anyone… if they are able to listen to it properly.

~At the Azumi Caves~

Serenity and the Twin Fairies were exploring the dark caves of the Azumi Royal Family, going deep into the darkness. The two small beings used their mystical powers to illuminate their bodies, becoming living night-lights for Serenity.

"Thank you, ladies.", Serenity said gratefully as they continued to explore. The deeper they got, the colder it got as well.

"You are welcome, Miss Wheeler.", they both said.

When they continued further in, they started up some small talk. "So, how is it that you two knew about Yugi being the one to save the Earth?", Serenity asked.

One of them, perched on the left side of her head, answered, "We knew because we felt it. We felt in our hearts that he was the one to save the world, not of what was declared in the Prophecy.".

Her sister took up, "We felt the immense, pure-light energy emitting from his soul and spirit. That type of power is very rare today. It is that type of power that is needed to combat the darkness that we felt earlier on Infant Island.".

Serenity was satisfied by that answer, then asked another one. She inquired, "Even though you don't know Yugi at all, you still trust him to be the savior of the world?".

They both nodded and stated proudly, "Yes, we do. The type of soul we felt from him is very rare and strong, something this world needs. So, we will aid him however we can.".

Serenity was very much impressed on how two small beings, complete strangers, would put their entire faith into Yugi. She smiled slightly, then changed the topic.

~Back in Domino City~

The city was evacuated, except for the military and three large monsters. So far, it seemed that the battle was even. The Egyptian God monsters were powerful, but now they were up against defiant humans for the first time.

Seto, Joey, Tristen, Wolfblade, and Jeff were keeping their enemies occupied with their Laser Shooters, allowing the military soldiers to either help more civilians out of the city or to take a shot at the three large beasts.

Tanks rolled out onto the streets, taking aim and firing plenty of shells at the monsters. Helicopters flew by, and laid heavy machine gun fire to Slifer and Ra. Jets screamed across the blue sky, firing rocket after rocket at Obelisk.

"This isn't working, Kaiba! Them monsters only seemed to be annoyed by the fire!", Joey declared hotly.

"Joey's right, Kaiba! We're getting nowhere fast at this rate!", Tristen added in.

"Quiet down, boys! Remember, our objective is to buy Yugi some time! And also delay the monsters as much as we can!", the CEO snapped over the com-link.

Wolfblade inquired, "Yugi? As in Yugi Moto?".

Jeff added in, "Why is it that we need to buy Yugi Moto some time?".

Seto was about to tell them to be quiet, when Ra fired a beam of energy at them! Using their quick reflexes, Seto and Master drove away and barely managed to evade the blast.

"Brother, you okay?!", Mokuba shouted over the com-link.

Seto groaned and answered, "I'm a bit banged up, but I'm okay, Mokuba.".

Mokuba sighed in relief, then came up with an idea! "Seto, I'm going to call in some back-up! I hope you don't mind.", he told him.

Seto soon realized on what Mokuba was planning to do. It was a risky move, but they had little options yet. 'Oh, what the hell? It seems today is the perfect day to test run my new toys.', he thought.

He answered to Mokuba, "No, I don't mind, little brother. Send them out!".

When the com-link between Mokuba and Seto was cut off, Wolfblade asked, "Care to tell us what that was all about, Mr. Kaiba?".

Kaiba just snorted in amusement and answered, "You'll see, solider. Now, let's get back to work!".

The group reassumed the task at hand, and continued to fire their lasers at the gigantic monster trio.

Ra, Slifer, and Obelisk were getting really annoyed with these human insects that dared to defy them. Slifer opened its second mouth, and fired a bright blue beam of energy at a nearby building! The top of the tall skyscraper that was just blasted toppled downward, onto Joey and Tristen's tanks!

"Hahahaha! This should take care of them!", Slifer exclaimed in glee.

But, before the rubble could fall on the two fighters, multiple blasts of blue energy beams from out of nowhere fired off and blasted the large debris! The falling debris soon became little bits of dust.

"Who dares to thwart my destruction?!", Slifer roared out.

From above the sky, passing through the immense fire and dust cloud emerged… three Blue-Eyes White Dragon jets?!

Yes, it was true! Seto had put into production specially modified jets that resembled his most favorite monster, right after he escaped from the Battle Tower.

"Seto, is this the thing Mokuba was talking about?!", Jeff exclaimed.

Seto chuckled and answered, "Yes, it is. Originally, these jets were supposed to be transportation-only. Now, they have been modified for battle!".

Mokuba called out from one of the jets, "But remember, bro. These things are still in the testing area. We don't know how long they will last.".

Kaiba just muttered, "I know that, little brother! But for now, we do what we can with what we have!".

~At the Azumi Shrine~

Ishizu was staring out into the blue sky, Téa inside the small home to sleep some more. The Egyptian-born woman was in deep thought, contemplating on how to get Yugi's heart and respect.

"I have given him my respect already, and now he has captured my heart. So, now I must plan on how to gain his own.", she told herself softly.

Saeko and Megaumi, who had returned to from their trip, brought her out of her thinking. They sat down beside the woman, both wearing some knowing grins.

"So, Miss Ishtar, who are you thinking about?", Saeko asked in a slight teasing voice.

Ishizu blushed slightly and answered, "Yugi.".

The two woman looked at one another, nodded, and continue with their 'interrogation'. Megaumi inquired, "The young man catching your eye?".

Ishizu shook her head and answered, "It is not the physical look I am infatuated with, but rather his heart and mind.".

This did not surprise the two. When it comes to woman's institutions, they were experts. They could already tell that Yugi was a good man… and would be a little heartbreaker in time.

Saeko then asked, "Are you going to tell him soon?".

Ishizu's face darkened red a little bit more as she looked at the ground. She answered sheepishly, "I… I don't know when I am going to tell him.".

Megaumi's face soon turned serious as she advised, "You better tell him soon, Miss Ishtar. Since he is going into battle soon, you may not have another chance to tell him.".

Ishizu knew she was right, and was about to say something else when Serenity and the Twin Fairies. It seemed that they finished their little spelunking.

"Hey, everybody! What are you talking about?", Serenity inquired as she went towards the trio.

~On a nearby island~

Godzilla and his friend Anguilus were now fighting with one another, training so that they would be able to defeat the three strange monsters they fought earlier.

The spiked-shelled Anguilus launched itself shell-first, using its massive legs to catapult himself and try to slam Godzilla with its spikes.

The King of the Monsters dodged the attack, and countered with a massive tail swipe. Anguilus was sent sprawling into some canyon, large boulders landing on top of it.

However, the shelled warrior came through the rubble with minimal damage. It let out a loud roar, and launched itself with surprising force! Godzilla dodged it, but was not quick enough. The curved horns on Anguilus head managed to cut open a deep gash on its left arm.

The fight was going on for hours, until Godzilla received a telepathic message. It was from its old ally, King Caesar! After some time spacing out, Godzilla returned to reality. It went to Anguilus, who was quite concerned about its friend spacing out, and told it on what happened.

Godzilla said that King Caesar told it telepathically that the only way to defeat the three foreign monsters was to come back to the place where he was sleeping. There, they would find a young human with immense power that would help them defeat the threat.

Anguilus was very surprised to say the least, but it went with its instincts and trusted Godzilla. So, the two monsters waded back into the water and swam out once again to the sea.

(Author's Notes: I need some help on Yugi's training. If any of you have any suggestions on what Yugi needs to do to heighten his training regiment, please give them to me!

Yugi: This is going to be a long journey for me.

Darien: Yeah, and also for the girls too! In the chapters to come, not only will they help Yugi out in his training… but they are going to catch a tricky thief who just stole the statue of King Caesar!

DJ: The statue is the key to unlocking King Caesar from his slumber. Without it… Yugi and the monsters have no chance of winning against Ra, Slifer, and Obelisk.

Yugi: Now, for the questions for ALL of the fans out there:

1.) Think Godzilla and Anguilus are going to obey Yugi the first time they see him?

2.) Do you like Kaiba's inventions so far? If you have anything you like to contribute, anything that Kaiba could invent and bring out to help the others, let us know.

3.) You think Ishizu will reveal her feelings to Yugi, or will it be too late?

4.) Think this fanfic has the chance to become a movie?

R&R, no flames, enjoy, and leave long reviews!)