Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi: Street Fighter?! ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi- Street Fighter?!

By: DJ Rodriguez

(Author's Notes: Hi, everyone! DJ here, and I'm ready to tear loose! Yugi is soon going to go into intense training, but first he'll have to start with the basics. After all, he has not been trained in any martial arts, so he's going to be a novice for now.

Yugi: But, what else have got planned for me?

Darien: He's thinking. He's also considering on turning you into a very powerful fighter much later on in the future! But, will you be on the side of good or evil? That, we have to read and find out!

DJ: Yep! Yugi, you are going to love this chapter! Also, please everyone! Cast your vote on whom you would like to be paired up with the little hero! You want Sakura, Karen, R. Mika, or even Rose! Please, I need your input here!

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 3

It was about 11:15 a.m. in the isolated mountains in Osaka. Deep in the forest, near the base of the one of the large mountains, stood a cozy cottage. It was also a dojo, home and training ground for Ryu Hoshi, legendary and powerful warrior/Street Fighter! Now, he was eating a wonderful breakfast with his two students. One of them was Sakura, an 18 year-old with a cheery attitude and also a determined spirit. The other is a newcomer, Yugi Moto. Once legendary King of Games, now an abandoned soul. They were eating pancakes and some eggs, courtesy of Sakura.

"Eat up, boys! There's plenty more!", she told them as she went to fix herself a plate.

Ryu and Yugi chowed down, eating that food like nothing else! They were already finishing down their third helping, when a knock came at the door.

"I'll get it!", Yugi said as he finished his plate.

He pushed it aside and got out of his chair. He went over to the door and asked, "Who is it?".

The voice on the other side called out, "It's me, Yugi. Chun-Li.".

Yugi opened it and in stepped Chun-Li, carrying several bags.

"Hi, Chun-Li. You need any help with those?", Yugi asked.

Chun-Li smiled at the young boy and answered, "No thanks. I have someone else doing that for me.".

He gave her a quizzical look, which looked adorable to her.

"Ryu! I ran into a friend at the mall, and he would like to see you!", she called out to the kitchen.

Ryu and Sakura emerged from it and he asked, "You did? Who?".

She smiled, turned and motioned with her hand for that person to come in. In a few moments, Yugi and the rest were greeted with yet another famous person in Street Fighting history!

"Yugi, meet Ken Masters!", Chun-Li stated as the 2nd living legend came into the room in front of Yugi.

"K-Ken Masters?!", Yugi stammered in excitement.

This was like a dream come true for him! First, he met the #1 Street Fighting legend and now he was meeting the 2nd greatest Street Fighter of them all!

Ken was carrying some bags in his powerful arms, all the while grinning. "Hey, Ryu! Long time, no see!", he said.

Ryu smirked and answered, "Hey, Good to see you too, Ken!".

Ken looked at Sakura and his smile gave way to a wide smirk. "So, the little schoolgirl has finally gotten her wish.", he said teasingly.

Sakura made an angry, yet funny kind of face and stuck her tongue out at the Pan-American fighter.

"Yeah! Well, this 'schoolgirl' can still kick your butt!", she declared.

He couldn't help but chuckle. 'She hasn't changed one bit.', he thought.

Then, his eyes were now on little Yugi Moto. He was looking down, a bit shy to see his 2nd favorite fighter. Ken smiled as he said, "I take it you're Yugi Moto?".

Yugi nodded his head and said, "Yes, I am.".

Then, something registered in his brain. "Wait! How do you know on who I am?".

Ken chuckled and answered, "Chun-Li told me.".

Ryu then asked, "How did you two meet?".

Ken explained, "I was walking through the mall with my wife, Eliza, when we ran into Chun-Li at a department store. We talked, and she told us about you.".

He then pointed to Yugi, who looked a bit embarrassed. He continued, "So, Chun-Li asked if I could come and visit for awhile. My wife said it was okay, and she left to go back to our condo in Tokyo. Chun-Li gave me a lift, so here I am!".

Yugi and Sakura helped Ken and Chun-Li set the bags down in the living room, while the two to the kitchen to get some food. The two teenagers later joined them, not to eat but to make conversation.

"So, Ken? Chun-Li told you… everything?", Yugi asked in a small voice.

Ken stopped eating his pancakes, closed his eyes and nodded. "Yeah. She told me everything, including your story on how and why you're here.", he answered.

Yugi looked back down at the table, a stab of pain entering his heart when he remembered the moment on when his friends left him to die. Ken tried to lighten the atmosphere a bit.

"Chun-Li also told me that you're going to start training with Ryu! Now that is something to look forward to!", he said lightheartedly.

Yugi looked at him in a bit of confusion and asked, "It is?".

Ken nodded and explained, "Yeah! I mean, not only is Ryu the strongest around, he's also the most polished too.".

Sakura saw Yugi's puzzled face, and she giggled at it.

"What he means is that Ryu's fighting techniques and moves are nearly flawless and smooth. He practices and trains so much, its like he's got in down to an art form.", she told him.

Chun-Li added, "Yeah, its true. I've seen Ryu practice, and he's damn good! In fact, he looks better when he spars with me!".

A light flush came on Ryu's face, but he maintained his composure.

Yugi thought, 'Wow! It seem that I'm going to get a serious workout from here on in, if I'm going to be half as good as Ryu!'.

~Back in Domino City~

It was a dreary and sorrowful time at the Game Shop. When Yami and Tea told Solomon about what happened to Yugi, he had closed down the shop for the rest of the day. He was now in his room, grieving that his grandson was now gone. Yami and Tea were with him, trying their bets to console the old shopkeeper.

"I can't believe… that my Yugi is… dead.", he choked out.

It hit him hard, and who could blame him. Yugi had changed a lot of their lives, and it seemed to pierce deep into his heart.

Yami said, "Me too, Grandpa. Me too.".

Tea added, "But, we have to move on. Yugi would have wanted it that way. He would have wanted us to have a peaceful, good life.".

Solomon looked at the auburn-haired girl, and he slowly nodded. "I think… you're right Tea. He would have… wanted it that way.", he said softly.

He then looked at them with pleading eyes and asked, "Please. I would like to be by myself right now.".

They complied with his wishes and left the room. Once he heard the door close, he stood up from the edge of his bed. He went over his dresser and picked up a golden-framed picture. It was Yugi, when he was eight years old and with his parents. Yugi was wearing his trademark grin, while his mother had her arms wrapped around his small neck and a look of laughter on her face. His father was standing next to them, laughing at the two's antics. A tear fell on the picture, as the grandfather gazed at the picture of his grandson, daughter-in-law, and his son.

"I promised you that I would take care of him.", he started to say the picture. More tears came out as he remembered the day on when Yugi's parents died in a car crash, and the young boy was very torn and saddened by their death.

"Now, I failed you.", he finished as he now used his free hand to lean on the desk. It was too much for him to bear.

Yami and Tea were in the living room, still much in shock that Yugi was gone. Yami was holding a framed picture, which showed Yugi and his friends a bit after Duelist Kingdom. Yugi wore his trademark grin, while winking. Tea had her arms draped across his neck, a teasing smile on her face. Joey and Tristen were shoulder-to-shoulder, giving off a thumbs-up sign and also having their famous smirks on.

"Yugi…", Yami whispered as his fingers traced the images.

Tea sighed as she sat down next to Yami on the couch. "I know its hard, Yami. Believe me, I know it is.", she told him softly.

A lone tear came forth from her left eye, but she let it fall instead of wiping it away. She then said, "I'll stand by you, Yami. We'll get through this, and make sure never to forget Yugi and all he had done for us.".

She wrapped her arms around him a comforting hug, her heart broken and feeling that it had been stomped to death. Yami returned the hug, feeling the same way.

He replied, "Thanks, Tea. That really means a lot to me.". Both stayed that way, hugging the other for comfort and relief.

~In Osaka~

After the meal, Yugi and Sakura helped each other put the dishes away and cleared the table. Ryu started to stretch, and he and Ken were now sparring outside. Yugi could actually feel the intensity in the air as the two squared off! Once in a while, he even felt the floor shaking from their bout!

"Come on, Yugi! Let's go see the action!", Sakura exclaimed as she finished putting up the dishes.

Yugi quickly put up his load, and followed Sakura out the back door. When they went out, they saw Chun-Li sitting on the deck, enjoying the little match before her. Sakura sat on her left, and Yugi sat beside Sakura.

"How long have they been at it?", Yugi asked.

Chun-Li answered, "For about fifteen minutes. They're just getting warmed up!".

Sakura seemed absolutely excited to see the two warm-up. However, Yugi looked on in interest and amazement!

'I only seen them on T.V during the tournaments. But, I never saw a real live Street Fight! This should be interesting to see.', he thought. Indeed, Ryu and Ken really went all-out in this spar!

Ryu was closing on Ken, using jabs and short kicks to keep the blonde Shokotan fighter at bay. Ken backed away a bit, then used a Hurricane Kick to quickly close the gap between him and Ryu! It stopped Ryu's assault and forced him to go on the defensive. Using his powerful arms, he blocked the six powerful kicks and countered with his famous Dragon Uppercut!

"Shoryuken!", yelled Ryu as he launched the infamous attack!

It was the same move that scarred Victor Sagat for life, as well as defeat General Mason Bison of Shadowloo and the demon Akuma! Ken was sent back about two meters, but he quickly rose to his feet and fired off a fireball!

"Hadoken!", he exclaimed as he released the blue ball of ki energy.

It was almost a perfect comet-shape, but it was slightly bigger then an SUV car! Ryu canceled it with another fireball, and dashed in with several fast jabs! Two connected to Ken's face, but he quickly blocked the rest. Taking advantage of Ryu's close range, Ken quickly punched him in the gut, and then grabbed Ryu's gi and threw him backwards! Ryu was taken by surprise, but quickly regained his senses and landed on his feet.

"You've been slacking off, haven't you Ken?", Ryu asked his friend good-naturedly.

The multi-billion dollar fighter smirked and replied, "Hey, I see you have too!".

Both now knew on what was going to take place.

"Here it is, Ken! Try to deflect this!", Ryu declared as he cupped his hands together. A large sphere of blue energy was building up inside of them!

Yugi exclaimed in surprise, "What is he doing?!".

Chun-Li answered, "That's one of Ryu's Super Attacks. It's the Shinku Hadoken, a beam of pure ki energy that is very devastating!".

Yugi's eyes went wide in awe and wonder, as Ryu channeled the energy through his body and hands.

Ken smirked and said, "Ha! Come on, bring it on! I'm ready!".

Ryu smirked as well as he replied, "Okay, Ken! Remember, you asked for it!".

He released the energy when he exclaimed, "SHINKU HADOKEN!!!".

The beam traveled fast, streaking towards its target! 'Why isn't Ken defending himself?! That beam could really hurt him!', Yugi thought.

Then, it happened! Ken's fist was soon engulfed in red-orange flames, and the air around him was just heating up big time! "Take this!! SHINRYUKEN!!!", the blonde exclaimed.

He leapt into the air, and started to twist around rapidly! Suddenly, he was caught up in a pillar of fire and he was in the middle of it! However, in the pillar was a dragon's head, made out of pure flames!

"What is that?!", Yugi exclaimed.

Sakura answered, "That is Shinryuken, a very powerful version of Ken's Shoryuken! It is said to be the true Dragon Punch!".

The three watchers saw as the blue column of energy streaked towards the red flame inferno! When it hit, and explosion was set off! Anywhere within a five-mile radius felt the earth shake and quake as the two powers hit! Yugi, Sakura, and Chun-Li covered their eyes as smoke and dirt debris were flying everywhere! In a few moments, the wind and dust settled down. When they unshielded their eyes and saw the backyard, Yugi's mouth was hanging open all the way!

What earlier resembled a luscious backyard, was now a crater of black and brown earth. It was at least fifteen yards wide, and a perfect circle! Ryu and Ken were seen on the edge of the hole, panting hard and on one knee.

'Wow!! That was… incredible!!', Yugi thought as he took everything in.

However, Chun-Li and Sakura didn't seem the least surprised.

"Ha! You two have been lazing around for a while!", Sakura called out.

Chun-Li added, "Yeah, boys. You two need to get back into shape if you want to become qualified in the next Street Fighter tournament!".

Yugi looked at them and asked, "Street Fighter tournament?! When?!".

Sakura answered, "Yeah. It's held annually every six years. The last one ended a year ago, so now there are only five more years to train until we enter it.".

Chun-Li added, "We look to enter the tournament only to fight with others, test their abilities, and also try to hone in and approve our own skills.".

The two weary warriors walked back to them.

Ryu said, "That's right. Any prize money we win, we save it and just go back either to our training or taking a vacation.".

Ken added, "Its not easy. A lot of friends we know are going to be there, and they are decent fighters.".

Yugi was taking this all in as much as he could.

"Yugi, are you going to enter the tournament?", Sakura asked.

Yugi looked at her in astonishment and confusion. "Me?! You think I can enter the tournament!?", he choked out.

Chun-Li smiled and replied, "Yes. Not only can you enter it, but I think you might get far in it!".

Ryu then had a stern look on his face when he looked at the young man. "Of course, that is if you stick to your training and work very hard at it. Determination, skill, and power is what brings you victory! If you don't think you can fight at your best, then don't fight at all!", he told him.

So, Yugi was going to make a choice here; was he going to train and enter the tournament, or was he going to merely train and not compete at all? After some inner-conflict, Yugi looked straight into Ryu's deep blue eyes.

He took a breath and said, "Yes. I will enter this tournament, and I will work hard on my training. I will also fight at my best, no matter what!".

(Author's Notes: So, this is where it begins! Yugi will soon enter a real-life Street Fighter tournament, and show on what he is made of! Also, another Street Fighter is going to be entering the scene! And her eyes are on Ken and Yugi!

Yugi: (Sighs) Oh, boy. Who is it this time?

Darien: Her name is Karen, and she's a rival of Sakura! They used to compete in many things, but now… they are going for the ultimate prize! And that is you, Yugi boy!

Yugi: WHAT?!?!

DJ: (Chuckles) I love to see this guy sweat whenever a big problem comes his way! In any case, I hope you like this chapter!

R&R, no flames, and enjoy!)