Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi: Street Fighter?! ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi- Street Fighter?!

By: DJ Rodriguez

(Author's Notes: Hey, everyone! DJ here, and things are going to heat up big time!

Yugi: (Sighs) So what else is new?

DJ: Hey!

Darien: Don't mind him. It seems that some of you are not voting. We only got one here, and the reader wants Sakura to be with Yugi. To any Street Fighting fans out there, please get involved! We all want your opinions and reviews!

DJ: Same here! I like to those who want Yugi to be with any of the other ladies of the Street Fighter world!

Yugi: Uh, guys. We need to get started now.

Both: Okay.

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 4

It was about 2:30 p.m. in the afternoon, and it was a beautiful day in the mountains of Osaka. Yugi and Sakura were cleaning up the remnants of Ryu and Ken's sparring. Yugi swept the dust and debris from the long, wooden front porch while Sakura wiped up the dirt from the windows.

"So, how did you like the little match you just saw?", Sakura asked her new friend/fellow student.

Yugi sighed and stopped sweeping for a moment. He replied, "It was… unbelievable! I have a lot of work and training to do just to be at half their level!".

Sakura smiled as she stopped her wiping and went to him. She looked into his eyes and said, "You can do it, Yugi. After all, Ryu does see the potential within you. So, if he says you can, you can!".

Yugi smiled at her encouraging words, and thanked her for it.

"So, where is Chun-Li, Ryu, and Ken?", he asked.

Sakura went back to wiping the windows as she answered, "They went to the mountains to go meditate for awhile. It's going to be a long wait!".

Yugi resumed sweeping the porch, but something was nagging at the back of his mind. "Sakura?", he asked.

She looked up from her place behind him and replied, "Yes?".

He hesitated for a moment, then he asked, "How did you first meet Ryu, and why did you want him to train you?".

She stopped what she was doing again, and this time sat down on the edge of the porch. "You sure you want to hear it? It may make you laugh.", she told him jokingly.

He smiled as he stopped his sweeping and sat down beside her. "Sure.", he replied.

She took in a deep breath and started her story, "Well, about two years ago, I saw Ryu fighting some thugs in a harbor. His fighting style and techniques amazed me to no end, and I really wanted to learn from him! You could say it was, love at first fight.".

Yugi chuckled at that, then allowed her to continue.

She stated, "Well, I followed him and asked if he could train me as a student. He said no, explaining that he was a student himself. I didn't understand that back then, so I decided to emulate his own style into my own. After that, I followed him all over, popping up seemingly everywhere he went. We fought Shadowlaw a lot of times, and he was impressed on how I fought and seeing on how I adapted his techniques.".

Yugi was hanging on every word, seemingly spellbound to the story.

She continued, "So, after he defeated Gill, a very powerful, god-like being, he decided to become a sensei. He set up his home/school here with Chun-Li, and I was the very first to ask him to take me in. The rest is history.". Yugi was fascinated by her explanation.

"So, that is how you got to be in here!", a voice called out from in front of them.

The two of them looked up and saw a blonde girl standing before them, a few feet from them. Her hair was done in large curls, and she was wearing a high school uniform. It was similar to Sakura's uniform, but it was red and looked like it belonged to a prestigious school.

"Karen?!", Sakura exclaimed in surprise.

Karen smirked and said in a mock-hurt voice, "Oh, don't tell me the great Sakura forgot all about little, old me?".

Sakura laughed as she went up and hugged her friend/rival.

"Karen, what are you doing here?", Sakura asked.

She answered, "I heard that Ken was here, and I thought I come and ask him to train me. I mean, Ryu is training you.".

Sakura was about to say something, when Karen looked behind her and saw Yugi.

"Hey, who is the cutie there?!", she asked quickly as he attention was now on the tri-colored teen.

Yugi slightly blushed as he was now under the gaze of a very rich and talented Street Fighter. He knew on who she was, but was still a bit surprised to see famous Street Fighters.

"Oh, this is Yugi Moto. He's from Domino City, and Ryu took him in as a student.", Sakura told her.

Karen has a surprised look on her face at hearing this bit of info. "Domino City?! Isn't that the place where they hold all of those crazy Duel Monster tournaments?", she asked incredulously.

Yugi nodded and said softly, "Yes.".

Karen raised her eyebrows, now in thinking mode. Then, something hit her. "Are you the Yugi Moto that won all of those tournaments?", she asked.

Yugi bowed his head and replied, "No, that was someone else. That was Yami, my… brother.".

Karen caught the pause, and sensed that something was wrong. However, she was on borrowed time and knew that it would have to wait.

"Sakura, I don't have much time. I'm supposed to be somewhere else, and it won't be long until my father calls the police and they come searching for me!", Karen told her.

Sakura sighed, knowing that Karen did this often. "Okay, I'll tell you where Ken is.", she said.

The schoolgirl then pointed towards the tallest mountain that was behind the house, about five or six miles.

"He, Ryu, and Chun-Li are meditating. It'll be awhile until they come down.", she told her friend/rival.

Karen whined, saying that it would be too late to see her idol again.

'I guess that Karen still has a crush on Ken, like Sakura still has on Ryu.', Yugi thought.

Then, an idea came to him. He went to the two ladies and suggested, "Hey, how about you two spar to pass the time?".

The two looked at him, puzzled by this request. "It will pass the time quicker, and I would like to see two famous Street Fighter ladies in action.", he said with a small smirk on his face.

Sakura and Karen looked at each other, then smiled.

"I like it! Come on, Karen! It'll be just like old times!", Sakura said happily as she positioned herself on where Ryu once stood.

Karen smirked and replied, "Sure. It will be nice to beat you back into the ground!".

Sakura's smile turned into a smirk, as both stood in a fighting stance. Yugi was prepared to see this little bout. "Ready? BEGIN!!!", he shouted out. As quick as the wind, the two charged in and started the battle!

~Meanwhile, at Domino City~

Yami was with the others, sitting at the couch in the Game Shop. Everyone was silent, nobody uttering a word. It went like that for about fifteen minutes, until Serenity spoke up.

"Couldn't we go to the police and they could search for him?!", she suggested.

Yami looked at her in complete puzzlement. He replied, "No. It wouldn't do any good. They think we were crazy, if we told them Yugi disappeared into another dimension.".

Seto suggested, "How about Ishizu and Shadi search the Shadow Realm for him?".

Yami shook his head and said, "I just talked with them half an hour ago. They searched the realm, but found no trace of Yugi.".

Tea began to cry loudly, and Yami went to comfort her.

"I can't believe we did that! We… we left him there to die!!", she cried out.

She was blaming herself for Yugi's death. Yami did his best to comfort her, but it was to little avail.

Mai croaked out, "Well, a-at least… Yugi did w-what he had t-to do. He saved… the w-world from Marik and Bakura.".

Joey comforted the woman, getting the same results as did Yami. Just then, Shadi and Ishizu appeared before all of them.

"Any good news, I hope?", Yami said in a slight desperate voice.

Shadi and Ishizu sadly shook their heads. Ishizu stated, "Sorry, your Highness. But, we searched the entire Realm twice now. And still no sign of the boy.".

Shadi added, "I'm afraid that his soul has now been shattered completely. He is… non-existent now.".

Everyone was stunned at hearing this sad news. Solomon stood up and said, "Let us remember Yugi has he was. He gave everything he had to help everyone, touching us in a way we never felt before.".

Everyone looked at each other, knowing it was true. If it wasn't for Yugi, Mai would never had gotten far in the Duelist Kingdom and never known true friendship, trust, and love.

For Seto, the young man prevented him from going down the dark path and becoming a pawn/slave to Pegasus.

Joey and Tristen, they would still be bullies and hated by all in school, have it not been for Yugi.

Tea would still be lonely, and working at Burger World. Not to mention at the mercy of some unruly, perverted boys.

"Yami, let us call up some friends. I know they would like to be here… for Yugi's funeral.", Solomon said sadly. The pharaoh nodded his head, and went to make the calls. It was a job he wished never to do.

~In Osaka~

The match was a grueling one to see! It went on for about forty-five minutes, Yugi seeing the grace and sheer power radiating from the girls. Both were worn out, cuts and bruises all over their bodies.

"Y-You have g-gotten better, S-Sakura.", Karin panted out.

Sakura replied, "Y-You're not too s-shabby either, K-Karen.".

After getting a breather, they went back on the attack again! "Hadoken!", Sakura exclaimed as she threw a fireball.

It was larger, yet far less powerful then either Ryu's or Ken's fireball. Karin vaulted over the projectile, and rushed over to the brunette.

"Gurenken!", she shouted out. She delivered a three-hit combo hit, her left palm striking Sakura in the chest. It knocked the wind out of her, and second palm strike from her other hand and an elbow knocked her flat down! Sakura staggered up, and went on the offensive.

"Shouoken!", she declared as she ran up to the girl.

Karin defended herself, blocking the five-hit Dragon Punch. 'That's a weird version of the Dragon Punch. Nothing like Ken's or Ryu's.', Yugi observed.

Karin waited, then grabbed Sakura and threw her down with her Arakuma Inashi. Sakura was in pain from the hard slam, but she quickly got up. Karin jumped high to lay down a smackdown with a hard downward thrust, but Sakura countered it.

"SHINKU HADOKEN!!!", she yelled out. She pointed her cupped hands upwards, and multiple large fireballs shot upward at the blonde fighter!

"What the-?!", Yugi declared as he saw Karin unable to block the super attack.

She took eight hits, and fell back down to earth with a loud thud. Sakura was panting hard, now down on one knee.

"That… used up… the last ounce… of my… energy.", she panted out.

Karin slowly rose up, only getting to one knee. "I'm… used up too. I… admit defeat.", she said.

Sakura was glad to hear this, and promptly passed out. Karin did the same.

"Sakura!! Karin!!", Yugi shouted as he ran to the fallen ladies.

He saw that they were knocked out cold, and he tried to lift them up. Problem was, they were too heavy for him. "Need some help, Yug?", a voice called out.

He lifted his head up, and Yugi saw Ken, Ryu, and Chun-Li staring at him from his right.

"You guys finished meditating already?", he asked.

Ryu replied, "Not quite. We felt some powerful ki energy from here, and we came to check it out.".

Chun-Li quipped, "It looks like Sakura and Karin went all out!".

Ken inquired, "Why is she here anyway? Karin, I mean.".

Yugi answered, "She came all this way to see if you would be willing to train her now.".

Ken wasn't the least bit surprised. Karin had been persisting that he'd train her, just like Sakura when she wanted Ryu to train her.

"Well, when she wakes up, I'll tell her okay.", he said.

They all looked at the Pan-American Champion, wonder as if he'd lost his mind. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Hey, she has the works to become a good fighter! Besides, it seems she proved it in this case.".

With that said, Ryu helped Yugi with Sakura, and Chun-Li helped Ken with Karin. Both took them inside so they could heal them properly.

~Later on~

Her head was pounding, like if there was a rock band inside it. "Oooh. My head.", Karin moaned.

She slowly opened her eyes, and saw the ceiling above her. "Huh?", she said in confusion.

She tried to move, but it hurt like hell. She felt that she was covered in a small blanket and lying on something soft. She slowly turned her head to see that she was lying on the couch. When she turned it to the left, she saw Sakura lying on a futon, bandaged up and resting. She slowly felt her forehead, and felt some wrappings there. Her own hand was bandaged up too. She looked up, and saw some moonlight coming through a clear window.

'Oh, man! We must have been knocked out for some time!', she thought.

Then, she saw something she didn't expect. Yugi was sitting near the two ladies, asleep.

'He… watched over us.', Karin thought.

Yugi was a little less then a stranger, yet he stayed up to watch over them. A small smile crept on her lips, as she slowly forced her body to rise a little. Seeing that it was too late to call for home, she decided to call in the morning.

She carefully got up, making sure not to wake Sakura or Yugi. She walked casually over to him, and gently ran some of his golden bangs out of his serene face.

"Thanks, Yugi.", she whispered just before she kissed his cheek gently. A small smile soon crept onto his face, even though he was sleeping. Satisfied with that reaction, she carefully made her way back to the couch and fell asleep.

(Author's Notes: This was very good, was it not? So, Yugi is going to have two main interest! I know he's going to meet up with a lot of female characters in this, but the main problem is going to be Karin and Sakura!

Yugi: Oh, great. (Sighs)

Darien: Can DJ help it if he feels that you need something like this? I mean, there are too many Yaoi and shouen-ai fanfics out there with you in them, and he's sick of it! Besides, he and I hate those types of fanfics!

DJ: (Grins) You got that right! So, everyone? How do you like this pairing? Now, here is a question for you:

When the time comes for Yugi to return to Domino City for the Street Fighter tournament, what do you what him to feel or do when he meets his old friends? They will be watching the fight from the stands, but I they won't expect him to see him alive and also very tall and strong! He'll be an equal to Ryu!

R&R, no flames, and enjoy!)