Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi: Street Fighter?! ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi- Street Fighter?!

By: DJ Rodriguez

(Author's Notes: Sorry everyone!! I'm so sorry for the long wait! It's just that exams are coming up for me at my college, UTSA and I need all the help and luck I can get! I've been studying for a while, but it will still be some time.

Yugi: I'm sure they understand, DJ. I mean, what kind of readers/friends would they be if they didn't?

DJ: You got a good point there, Yugi.

Ryu: Now, can we got on with this?

DJ: Sorry.

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 5

It was morning in the mountains of Osaka, the sun gently and slowly rising in the sky. It gave off a brilliant sapphire/golden glow that no artists could duplicate! Birds were singing, clear brooks running, and the land giving off a fresh morning dew and shining like a gem.

Ryu Hoshi, legendary Street Fighter and most powerful human on the planet Earth observed all of this. He was on the porch, meditating and keeping his mind, soul, and spirit calm. Ken had left some time in the morning, and he wished his partner/friend/rival luck with training Yugi. However, something was nagging at him in his mind.

'This boy, Yugi. So much untapped potential lies within him, that it is begging to be released.', he thought.

But, then he added, 'However, there is a strange aura around him. Something that is… unheard of.'.

"Yes, you are correct, Ryu.", a female voiced said.

Snapping out of his meditation, he quickly stood up and gazed on where the voice came from. He was now staring into the eyes of Rose, powerful psychic and friend to Ryu. She was sitting on a chair left to Ryu, a small smile on her face.

"Good to see you, Rose.", Ryu said while giving off a small smile.

She replied, "Likewise. However, you are right about the boy.". His face grew serious on that statement as he went to the psychic and pulled up a chair beside her.

"What do you know about Yugi?", he asked.

"Yugi Moto, a teenager with the heart and pure soul of an innocent child. He trusts and loves all who know him unconditionally. Now, with his friends abandoning him, it has left that shattered.", she explained.

She continued, "He has potential that is virtually limitless, yet it has been hindered and unseen by his friends and former guardian. Now, with you training him, he might be able to unlock all of it and push himself past limits that we've only dreamed of!".

Ryu inquired, "Yet, there is something else, right?".

Rose's serious expression deepened as she answered, "Yes. While he possesses all of this, there is something else. He has the power either to be the light of everything in this world, or be consumed by a darkness that would send this world into oblivion.".

Ryu took a guess, "In short, he can either be the savior of this world or be its destruction?".

She answered, "That is correct.".

Before anything else could be said, they both felt a presence nearby. "I have to go. Ryu, take care of the child. For he is the key to saving this world from a force that is beyond evil, or he will surpass that evil.", the psychic told him before she teleported.

Ryu was now thinking hard on what Rose had said, before Yugi interrupted him.

"Sorry if I disturbed you.", he apologized.

Ryu smiled and answered, "Its okay. I was finished meditating any way.".

Yugi grinned his trademark grin and said, "Breakfast is ready. I made French Toast, if you like that.".

Ryu nodded and replied, "It sounds good. Let's go.".

Both went inside, but before Ryu closed the sliding wooden door, he looked at the sky and Rose's words echoed to him on a breeze that passed by.

'This is going to be some adventure.', he thought before he went to the kitchen.

When he entered, he saw Karin and Sakura already at the table. They were eating Yugi's meal heartily, never before eating such declious food.

"Mmmm! This is really great stuff here, Yugi!", Karin declared.

She may have been rich and served elegant food, but she never tasted anything like this. Sakura added with a teasing grin, "She's right! You're a really good cook Yugi! Maybe you should replace me!".

He grinned bashfully and replied, "Aww. Thanks, girls. I'm just trying to thank you all for your hospitality and all.".

Ryu smirked and said, "Think nothing of it, Yugi.".

He continued to cook, when Chun-Li came down. "What is that wonderful smell?", she inquired while sniffing the air.

"Yugi made breakfast today!", Sakura told her.

Chun-Li smiled as she sat down next to her boyfriend. "Really? That was very nice of him.", she said while looking at the eighteen-year old.

Yugi blushed at the compliment as he continued to cook. He put the toast on a plate and handed to Chun-Li. "I hope you like it.", he said.

She took her fork and started to dig in. When he was eating, Ryu swallowed a piece of his food before he told Yugi, "After this, prepare yourself for training. It starts today.".

After breakfast, around 8:00 a.m., Yugi, Ryu, and Sakura were on the front lawn. Karin and Chun-Li were on the porch, watching the two warm-up and prepare for their lessons. Chun-Li said that after Ryu's lesson, she would take over and teach Yugi her fighting style and techniques.

Sakura strictly wanted to know only Shokotan, but Yugi wanted to have an open-mind and view of all fighting styles. Karin had called her folks and told her that everything was alright. She informed them that she was at Ryu's, and said that she would be home at around 1 o'clock.

'I know I should really go home, but I like it here. Besides, Yugi looks really hot and cute right now! I shouldn't pass it up!', she thought as her eyes drifted over Yugi's body.

He was wearing the old karate gi Ryu gave him earlier. He looked like a minature version of his sensei, only the hair, eyes, and size differing. 'I may have seen Ryu dressed like that a lot of times, but this is different when Yugi wears it.', both Sakura and Karin thought at the same time.

This was going to get serious. Yugi finished his warm-up exercises, which consisted of stretching and breathing. He tightened the black belt on his fighting gi and straightened up.

'I'm not going to disappoint Ryu or Chun-Li! They saved me from death, and I owe them so much!', he thought as he saw his teacher preparing to get down with the first lesson.

~At Domino City~

A small funeral was held in at the Domino City Cemetery around 11:30 a.m. In the middle of the field full of graves and memorials, a small group was present under a green tent and around a black coffin. However, inside was not a body. It held various pictures and items that had Yugi Moto on it.

The attendants at the funeral were Yami Moto (his last name finally adopted by Solomon) Tea Gardner, Joseph Wheeler, Tristen, Taylor, Serenity Wheeler, Seto & Mokuba Kaiba, Ryou Bakura, Mai Valentine, Solomon Moto, Mako Tsunami, Rebecca Hawkins, Arthur Hawkins, Ishizu & Marik Ishtar, Shadi, and even Maximillion Pegasus was there! All of them were there to honor and pay their respects to Yugi.

"Yugi, was a good friend and hero. It is without a doubt that without him, all of us would be where we are now.", Yami started to say to the group.

That was true; a lot of things and events had happened and occurred because of the small boy. The pharaoh started to tell on how Yugi transformed Joey and Tristen from bullies to cool friends, showing Tea learning to believe in herself and her friends, teaching Mai and Seto that being cold, alone and reclusive is not always the answer, showing Maximillion that friendship and love are more powerful then any Millennium Item, freeing Ryou from Yami Bakura, showing Rebecca that winning isn't always everything, and demonstrating to Marik and Ishizu that nothing is impossible when you put your mind to it. Most importantly, he had released Yami and gave him a life.

He finished by saying, "He was the best out of all of us. He gave us something that changed our lives for the better. He sacrificed himself to save not only the world, but also Marik. I pray that he finds peace in the afterlife, and he knows that we are proud of him.".

Everyone nodded their heads at this, Marik having a guilty look on his face. He had remembered that he tried to kill Yugi, even when he didn't fight back and promised to save him. 'He did save him, but I couldn't save him.', he thought.

The coffin was lowered into the ground, where it signaled that the ceremony was over. Everyone started to leave, except for a few. Solomon, Yami, and Tea stayed a little while longer.

"Yugi, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that I didn't take care of you enough, and failed your parents.", Solomon whispered to the headstone that now adorned Yugi's name and date of birth/death. On the top was a small concrete angel, in a kneeling stance and praying.

Solomon wiped some tears from his eyes, turned, and walked back slowly towards his car. Yami kept looking at the headstone and coffin, his eyes burning a salty inferno from all the crying he had done.

Tea put a comforting arm around him and whispered, "Its okay, Yami. You're not alone here. I miss him too.". Her eyes were also filled with tears, her blue eyes slowly turning red from all the crying.

Yami wiped away his tears and looked at her. His violet eyes were red and swollen, but Tea saw the gratitude in them. "Thank you, Tea.", he said.

Both threw two single flowers on the coffin; a violet from Yami and a rose from Tea. "Rest in Peace, Yugi.", Tea whispered as she led Yami away towards Solomon's parked car.

~Back in Osaka~

It was about mid-afternoon, about 12:30 p.m., when Yugi was taking a break from his training. From 8 to 12, he and Sakura were practicing hard. Ryu was now teaching them the basics. He had demonstrated jabs, kicks, and also simple counter moves. He first showed them, like if he was fighting an invisible opponent.

After imitating and memorizing the techniques, Ryu had Yugi and Sakura spar for a bit. Since Sakura was more experienced then Yugi, she took it easy on him and fought at his level. However, Yugi proved to be a bit tougher then originally thought. He had pushed himself hard, and actually was holding his own against Sakura!

'Wow!! Yugi's actually a lot stronger then he looks!', all of them thought as they saw the match. Ryu stopped them after forty-five minutes, saying that they were getting the hang of it and learning the simple basics was all for the week. Sakura knew that it would be slow for her, but she knew that it was to prepare Yugi for the more advanced lessons later on.

'He already shows so much promise! Maybe he'll rise quicker then expected.', Ryu thought.

Now, Yugi was sitting on the porch. He was cooling off from the intense training and sparring. A layer of sweat covered his body, but he was actually pleased on his progress so far.

"Its tough, but I will handle it!", he told himself.

Soon, he found himself sandwiched between Karin and Sakura. "Nice job.", Karin congratulated the little student.

Yugi smiled and replied, "Thanks. I think I did pretty good today.".

Sakura jumped in, "Good?! You actually were great! You surprised us all on when you sparred with me!".

Yugi was surprised to hear this info, and he showed it. Karin sighed as she checked her watch. She stood up and said, "I have to go Yugi. Thank you for breakfast and also taking care of me and Sakura last night.".

She gave the tri-colored teenager a predatory smile, which made his face blush a bright crimson. "You're welcome.", he said weakly.

Karen then added, "If you're ever in Tokyo, look me up.".

She gave him a wink, then left the dojo and the area. Yugi's face resembled a red strawberry, which annoyed Sakura to no end.

"Flirt.", Sakura whispered under her breath sarcastically.

Then, Chun-Li entered the scene. "Alright, Yugi. Break is over!", she told him sternly.

Yugi and Chun-Li were now standing a few feet across from one another, Ryu and Sakura watching from the porch. "Are you ready, Yugi Moto?", Chun-Li asked the young man.

Yugi took in a big breath, and stood serious before his new teacher. "Yes, sifu. I am ready.", he replied before bowing in respect.

He had studied Chinese languages sometime in high school, and learned that "sifu" meant teacher in Chinese. Chun-Li was mildly surprise of Yugi's knowledge.

"Okay then. Watch me first.", the Chinese instructor said.

She started to execute some jabs and kicks, teaching Yugi the basics of her fighting style. As Ryu and Sakura watched, something uneasy pressed into Ryu's head.

'Something… is amiss here.', he thought. His instincts told him that someone was watching them… something evil.

~In an unknown underground base in Thai Land~

A huge room was lit up with various monitor screens, showing an overview of Ryu's dojo. The room was completely dark, lightened only by the screens.

"I see that you have taken in some new students, Ryu Hoshi.", a deep voice said with a slight chuckle.

It was male, and his voice was like deep bass. It was cold and uncaring, something that could send chills you're your very soul. Suddenly, a second voice came from behind him.

"I see that you are still interested in Ryu, even though he defeated you.", it remarked.

It too was male, and deep too. It was slightly higher then the first, but it was filled with an omnipresence like no other. The first being, seated in a chair in front of the monitors, stood up.

"I am. I see that you are still up for revenge, even after he defeated you as well.", the first voice replied.

The light from the screens revealed the being to be Bison! Yes, it was General Mason Bison, commander of all of Shadowlaw and user of Psycho energy.

The second voice growled and said, "I would watch my words carefully, pitiful one. Unless you would like to feel my wrath.". The second being turned out to be Akuma, master and wielder of the Dark Hadou!

Bison ignored his ally and turned back to the screens.

"It is true that I still have interest of Ryu joining our Shadowlaw operation, but now… I see someone else worth observing.", he told the Dark Hadou master.

Akuma looked at the screens, and noticed that Bison was talking about Yugi. "You mean to tell me that this boy is worthy of our attentions?", he asked suspiciously.

Bison chuckled evilly and stated, "Yes, I do. I sense enormous power and potential within the small boy.".

Akuma looked at the screen, then started to concentrate. Suddenly, he was brought back to reality hard! "I see what you mean. The boy does hold a seemingly limitless potential and power within himself.", he said grimly.

Bison chuckled once again and concluded, "I think we should plan what we are going to do in the upcoming Street Fighter tournament.".

Akuma nodded and said, "Agreed. I think we shall see his full power in the tournament. It is worth the wait.".

The Psycho master stated, "Until then, I will have my spies Juni and Juli watch over the lad. They will not harm him, but merely be like 'guardian angels' to him.".

The two started to chuckle evilly, then upgraded to a full laugh, which echoed throughout the base!

(Author's Notes: So, here is where it gets good. Yugi will learn from both Chun-Li and Ryu, and soon will be heading out to travel all over the world!! He'll meet and learn from various Street Fighters, from Cammy to Zangief!

Yugi: But, someone is going to look out for me and spy on where ever I go.

Darien: True. But, you may be able to change some people's ways. I mean, you have changed a lot of people for the better. You can still do that.

Yugi: I can?!

DJ: (Grins) Yes you can! And you will!

R&R, no flames, and enjoy!)