Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi: Street Fighter?! ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi- Street Fighter?!

By: DJ Rodriguez

(Author's Notes: Hey, everyone! I am in one happy mood!! Just some time ago, I became an uncle! Yep, I am now an uncle to a healthy, handsome baby boy!!

Yugi: You have to forgive DJ here. ^_^ He's been a bit excited since he received the news.

Darien: Who knows, Yugi-boy? Maybe in this story, you and some lucky female Street Fighter will get married and have a child. Or, children.

Yugi: (Massive blush on)

DJ: We shall see. Again, I'm very psyched up to have a nephew! I hope I become a good enough role model for him.

Yugi: Before we get started, DJ used the word Elm Street because it was the place where Freddy Kruger always haunted. DJ's a big fan of Freddy vs. Jason, and he may put up more names from the movie in here.

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 13

When the limo had arrived at the Palace Paradise Hotel on Elm Street, the group was nothing short of shocked to hear on what Yugi had accomplished in a mere five years. For now, they were still in the limo even when it had parked.

"So, you studied at Taiyo High school with Sakura?", Serenity inquired.

Yugi nodded and replied, "Yes, I did. I left to go train during the holidays, so I didn't finish high school. However, I plan to finish to go back and graduate after this tournament.".

Sakura agreed with him, saying that she was going to do the same thing. Mai nodded her head and stated, "Good for you, Yugi. Not only are you a smart man, but a wise one too.".

The fighter smiled at this when he replied, "Thank you. I have known that there is a fine line between being a wise man and a smart man. I try to be a bit of both.".

Joey then asked, "So, you trained with just about every Street Fighter on the planet?".

Yugi replied, "Pretty much. However, I did not train with all of them.".

Ishizu then asked a critical question, "Yugi, if you were alive… why did you not bother to contact any one of us in Domino City?". There was an awkward silence now hanging in their air, as all of their eyes were now glued to the tri-colored fighter. Yugi sighed and started to explain to them on why he did not call them or anything.

"I had assumed that since you left me, you did not want me anymore. Thus, I decided to start a new life for myself and try to see on what it held in store for me.", he told them.

Tea, with tears in her eyes, choked out, "How could you even think we did not want you?". He sighed again, then looked her in the eye.

He answered, "It was because you all left me, taking Yami away to be treated and not even giving me a second thought.".

That hit them all pretty hard. 'He's right. I mean, it was several hours later until we discovered he wasn't with us.', Yami thought.

Duke stated, "Listen, Yugi. We're very sorry that day happened. We really didn't mean to leave you behind.".

Tristen picked up, "He's right. We spent nearly two days and three nights looking for you. First at the sight where the blimp landed, and then in the Shadow Realm.".

Karin inquired, "Shadow Realm?". Yami told her that the Shadow Realm was a place were magical energies that bring Duel Monsters to life and also strain the souls of unfortunate beings not strong enough to endure its magic.

"Yugi told me something about that.", Sakura said.

Yugi then asked, "Why would you assume that I was in there in the first place?".

Joey answered, "We figured that if you were not on the blimp, then you might have been trapped in the Shadow Realm.".

Ishizu took up, "Yami, Shadi, and myself searched the entire realm for you. When we didn't find you any where, we assumed that you were…".

The silence once again fell over them, as she didn't need to finish the sentence. After a few minutes, Juni cleared her throat and stated quietly, "We're here, everyone. We better check in now.".

She opened the door, and was the first to exit. Yugi followed, then the rest slowly did the same.

Upon entering the building, the manager quickly recognized Seto and Yugi. He told them that the rooms were on the house for both Seto's friends and any Street Fighters. Thanking the manager, the group headed upward via elevator. They stopped at the sixth floor, and exited out. Their rooms were across from one another; Yugi was going to sleep alone, Sakura and Karin were bunking together, and Juni and Juli too next to their room.

Across from them; Seto and Ishizu were in one room, Mokuba with the kids, Yami with Tea, Serenity with Tristen, Mai with Joey, and Duke with Crystal. Once they were situated in, Tea decided to talk to Yugi before hitting the sack.

"Yami, I'm going to go talk with Yugi. I… I need to get something off my chest.", she told her husband.

He put on a small smile and nodded his head. "I understand. Go, do what you have to do.", he told her.

She left the room, dressed in only a pink nightgown, and went across the hallway to Yugi's room. She knocked on it a couple of times, then heard a voice saying, "Come in.".

She opened it, and saw Yugi in his blue pajamas. He was staring out the window, lost in thought. He turned around, and was slightly surprised to see his old love standing before him in what she was wearing. "Tea? What is it?", he asked her.

She wore a sad smile on her face as she sat down on the bed. She answered softly, "I just wanted to… just say how sorry I am for what we done.".

A silver tear rolled down her cheek, but a gentle thumb brushed it away. She then saw a gentle, smiling Yugi sitting next to her.

"Its okay. I forgive you.", he told her. She was very much relieved to hear that from him.

He then asked, "How is Grandpa doing?".

Her small smile soon turned into a sad frown. Yugi saw this, and was really worried now. "Tea, is Grandpa alright?", he asked.

She looked into his eyes as she answered softly, "Yugi, Solomon is dead.".

This really shocked and upset the young man very much. She explained, "He was really devastated and sad when he heard that you died. Shortly after, he slowly began to loose the will to live. It was like all of his energy was sucked out of him. Two years passed, and he died. He died of grief and sorrow.".

Yugi felt tears coming to his eyes, but did not wipe them away. To him, there was no shame in crying for a loved one that had passed on. "Where is he now?", he asked brokenly.

Tea answered, "He's in Domino Cemetery, is wish to be buried beside you.".

He was puzzled at this, until he figured it on his own. Like a puzzle, when he fit all the pieces together. "When you assumed I was dead, you gave me a little funeral, right?", he inquired.

Tea nodded mutely at this. It made sense for his grandfather to be buried next to his 'deceased' grandson.

"Thanks, Tea. For the apology, and also for the info.", he whispered to her.

She said it was no problem, then decided it was time to leave. She opened the door, but she decided to take one last glance at her former crush and love. He now stood near the window, the moonlight hitting him just right as he started to contemplate on what to do tomorrow. She felt her chest tighten very much, seeing on how her little Yugi had grown into a handsome, fitting man.

'I hope you find a good woman to love you, Yugi.', she thought before she slowly turned around and closed the door.

When she heard the door click, Tea looked up to find herself staring into the faces of Sakura, Juni, Juli, and Karin. Sakura wore white pajamas, Karin an expensive red silk nightgown, Juni in black pajamas, and Juli in a black nightgown. Both were staring at the married woman, expressions quite somber.

"What-?! What are your four doing up?", the shocked brunette asked them.

Sakura replied, "We came to wish Yugi goodnight, and then we heard you talking.".

Karin piped up, "We heard everything.". Tea was very much surprised to hear that they eavesdropped on them.

"Tea, it was nice for apologizing to Yugi. And telling him about his grandfather.", Juni stated softly.

Juli then added, "But, you must understand that things cannot be as they used to be.".

Tea looked at her and inquired suspiciously, "What do you mean?".

Sakura answered bluntly, "Yugi may have forgiven you and the others, but earning his trust is another matter.".

Karen added, "After what he went through, you and the rest have to earn it now.".

Tea looked determined and said, "I'll do whatever it takes to regain his trust, then! I know things can't be the way they were before. But… maybe it can be better now.".

With that statement said, Tea brushed past them and went back to her room and husband. The four stared at the door when she opened and closed it.

"She has courage and spunk, that much I know now.", Karen stated.

Juni replied, "Yes. But, will the others have it as well?".

Sakura put in, "We'll soon see. For now, let's get some rest.". Before leaving, they agreed to go with Yugi to visit his grandfather, for some support.

~Next Morning~

It was about 5:30 a.m. when Yugi arose from his slumber. He was a bit groggy, but he had trained himself very frequently to wake up even at ungodly hours and be fresh and prepared. He woke up, got showered, and finally got dressed. He was in his fighting gi, and went outside on the small patio deck.

He then sat down on the cold concrete floor and started to meditate. He tried to clear his mind of all things, but something was preventing him from doing so. It felt like a very cold, icy fog was enveloping his very being.

'What is this… darkness I feel around me?', he asked himself mentally. To find his answer, he went into a deep state of meditation, reaching all the way down within his very soul.

{Mind Sequence}

The lone warrior stood among a grassy meadow, no one else with him. The sky was covered in dark clouds, rain starting to come forth and lighting splitting the sky like nothing he had ever seen before. Winds started to pick up, blowing strong and whipping his headband and fighting gi every which way.

"What does this mean?", he pondered.

"Do you really think that they really missed you?", a cold, icy voice questioned.

The very voice was something unworldly, so cold and icy that it would freeze you to your very soul. Yugi looked in the direction from where the sound originated, and found himself face-to-face with a being that just seemingly materialized out of nowhere. The shadows covered this strange person, but Yugi could tell from the outline that he looked very familiar.

"Care to explain what you just said?", he asked steadily.

The winds and rain seemed to increase in intensity as the stranger replied, "Think about it. Why would those pathetic old 'friends' of yours say that the missed you, and only searched for about three days for you? If they were your friends, they would have searched much longer then that!".

Yugi stiffened as he retorted, "Maybe. But, at least they did search for me. That is better then nothing!".

The stranger chuckled as he shook his head, the laugh very much could make even Marik shake from fright. "Keep thinking like that, naïve one. For remember this, they were the ones that brought me forth. Thanks to them, I have been given life and a form.", he told Yugi coldly.

This puzzled the warrior greatly, until he saw the stranger stepping towards him. When he was close enough, what he saw shocked him. The stranger was… himself!!

This Yugi was vastly much different then the original. This one had dark tan skin, only slightly lighter then that of Urien. His eye color resembled that of blood, and four of his teeth resembled sharp fangs like that on a wolf. His fighting gi was that of the blackest of ebony, actually shimmering some. His aura was also that of midnight-black, expanding in a fifteen-foot radius.

This strange Yugi chuckled and said, "Allow me to introduce myself. I am you negative and hidden away feelings of hatred and uninhibited anger turned flesh. I am Demon Yugi.".

Yugi could tell that he was telling the truth, for he felt the awesome waves of evil radiating from his counterpart. All of his negative emotions he stored and hidden away long ago had taken shape, and now had a body and mind of his own.

"We shall meet again, Yugi Moto.", Demon Yugi hissed. Suddenly, the evil one roared out with uncaged fury! Demon Yugi sounded and even looked like an actual demon straight out of Hell itself!

His eyes were now glowing with power, his aura splitting the ground beneath them as if an earthquake was starting, wind whipping around them like a hurricane, lighting and thunder shaking and splitting the skies, and his fangs were bared out fully. The demon leapt at the young warrior, and the world soon turned white.

{End of Mind Sequence}

Yugi snapped out of his trance, breathing heavily and cold sweat soaking his chest and his head.

"Was that… thing really… me?!", he breathed out in shock and disgust. He put a hand on his heart, which was still beating rapidly.

"This is… too unreal!", he told himself shakily. He then turned to see the clock, and saw that it was 6:15 a.m.

"Man, that meditation state really took a long while.", he said.

Slowly getting up, he went back inside to change into some normal attire. Opening his drawers, he found a nice black shirt and some blue jeans that went along with it. Discarding his fighting gi and putting it in a small white duffel bag, he changed into his new casual attire.

"I better leave a note for them, in case they wonder where I am.", he reasoned to himself. Taking a nearby notepad and a blue pen he wrote down:

Dear Friends,

I am going out to eat, then towards Domino Cemetery. I will meet you all at the stadium at 10:00 a.m. Take care, and don't worry. I will be fine.

Yugi

Taking his duffel bag and slinging it over his shoulder, he started to head out. When he opened the door, he found Sakura and Juni waiting for him.

"Oh, good morning.", he told them with a smile. They returned the gesture, then their faces faded to become a somber one.

"What is it?", he asked them in concern when he noticed the change.

Sakura answered, "We… heard you and Tea talking last night, Yugi.".

Juni added, "We didn't mean to, but we did nonetheless. We want to come with you.".

Yugi was mildly surprised by their small confession and then inquired, "What do you mean?".

Sakura smiled sadly and replied, "We know you're going to see your grandfather. We want to come with you, for some support.".

Juni also smiled and finished, "What kind of friends would we be if we didn't support you?".

He was truly grateful for his two girl friends doing this for him. "Thanks, ladies.", he said with a very grateful smile. Saying it was no problem, the three then headed towards the elevator and were soon on their way.

~An hour later~

The sun was just coming up, and the guests of the Palace Paradise were now stirring from their slumber. Yami and Tea were the first to wake up from their peaceful sleep, yawning some and stretching from their bed.

"Good morning, honey.", Yami told his wife before giving her a chaste kiss on the lips.

She giggled slightly after replying, "Good morning to you too, sweetheart.".

Getting up, the two took a shower (separately) and got dressed in some casual wear. "So, what are we going to do today?", Yami asked.

Tea, after putting on a white t-shirt, suggested, "How about we work on gaining Yugi's trust again?".

Yami looked at her in puzzlement and asked, "What do you mean?".

She sighed and answered, "Yami, we hurt Yugi pretty badly. Even though he has forgiven us for what we did to him, I'm afraid he's a bit more reluctant to actually trust us with anything he does.".

Yami was in thought, and realized that she had a point there. "You're right, honey. We really need to work hard at earning his trust. We owe him that, and a whole lot more.", he told her while wrapping his arms around her.

She smiled at him and embraced him right back. "Come on, let's wake the others and discuss on what we are going to do.", Tea stated. Agreeing once again with his wife, Yami and her opened the door and stepped outside to wake the others up from their slumber.

In twenty-five minutes, everyone was up and in Yugi's room. The kids were still sleepy, so they kept the talking to a dull roar. "Hey, where is Yugi?", Joey asked to no one in particular.

Karin saw the note on the bed, picked it up, and read it to them all. "It seems he's gone to visit his grandfather.", she said softly.

Tristen was about to say something, but Juli cut him off. "Yugi knows on what happened to his grandfather. Tea told him, and also we overheard it.", she said.

Karin commented, "I bet that's why Sakura and Juni aren't here either. They went with him.".

Mai was in thought, then came to a conclusion. "I bet they wanted to give him some support, just in case he needs it.", she stated.

Duke said, "That clears that little problem up. Now, we got to think of a way to regain Yugi's trust.".

Yami nodded his head and added, "Yes, we must. Last time, he gave us his trust with no questions asked. Now, we gotta earn it this time.".

Seto's cell phone rang, he answered it, then his blue eyes widened considerably. "Are you sure about that?!", he exclaimed over the tiny portable phone. After a brief conversation, Seto thanked the person for calling, the hung up.

"What was that about?", Joey inquired.

Seto sighed and answered, "It's the pairings for the match this afternoon. Apparently, Yugi is now scheduled to go against Hugo.".

Karin was in thought, then remembered on who Hugo was. "Hey, Hugo is that huge German wrestler that once trained Yugi! Remember?", she told them all.

Now, they were all worried. Hugo was a monster in physical size, and also one of tremendous strength and uncanny agility. "We'll worry about the match later. Right now, we got more pressing issues at hand.", Ishizu stated firmly. Agreeing with her, they drew up plans on how to regain Yugi's trust.

~At Domino Cemetery~

Three lone people stood before two gravestones, the one on the left slightly older then its neighbor. It was Yugi, Sakura, and Juni. Yugi carried a bouquet of flowers, seven red and six white roses.

He kneeled down and gently placed the flowers on the gravestone marked, "Solomon Moto 1942-2005 Good friend and grandfather". Tears sprung up in his eyes, but he did not wipe them away.

"Hi, Grandpa. It's me, Yugi.", he whispered to the gravestone. He looked next to his grandfather's grave, and slightly chuckled bitterly to see his own grave.

"Its very weird… to see your own grave when you're still alive.", he whispered to himself.

He then looked at Solomon's grave and said brokenly, "I really wish you can see me now.".

Sakura and Juni slowly went to the crying warrior and put a comforting hand on each of his shoulder.

Sakura whispered, "He is seeing you, Yugi. And I'm bet he's really proud of you.", Sakura whispered in his ear.

Juni added, "He should be proud, to see his grandson becoming a mature young man.".

He smiled at them when he turned his head, looking into their warm eyes. "Thank you, both of you.", he whispered.

When he rose up from his kneeling position, he heard a voice calling out, "Well, if it isn't macho Moto!". It was a sound he never wanted to hear again. The trio looked to the right, and found themselves facing Ushio and his gang.

Ushio sneered and snarled at his former punching bag, angry to see that Yugi was indeed alive and also much more bigger and stronger. "Ushio, what are you doing here?", Yugi asked calmly and coolly.

He was not going to start a fight with his former bully, especially in a graveyard. Ushio walked up to the trio, soon a mere foot away from them. "I came to see if it was really true. And it is, little Yugi Moto turned Street Fighter.", the bully replied nastily. Yugi sighed, shaking his head.

He stated firmly, "Not now, Ushio. I will not fight you here, or anywhere else. You are not worth my time.".

Ushio laughed, covering his shock to hear the firm tone in Yugi's voice. "Hahaha! I bet! In fact, I heard everything you just said to that old man there.", he stated smugly.

Yugi's eyes narrowed considerably, his hands slowly clenching into fists. Sakura and Juni also did the same, not liking this guy one bit. "I bet it's comforting for that old fool to think he was buried next to you. I mean, two pathetic beings joined side-by-side in death!", he stated while laughing out loud.

It was all one big joke to him and his gang! Unfortunately, that was going to change drastically. Yugi's clenched fists, and his body, began to tremble badly. His head was hung low, his bangs covering up his eyes ominously. Sakura and Juni then felt a tremendous spike in his ki, and it scared them because it was a power they never felt before.

Even Sakura's alter ego, Dark Sakura, never felt a wave of evil this strong… and even from Akuma or Evil Ryu! Suddenly, the laughter from Ushio and his thugs ceased immediately when they saw Yugi's aura. It was visible, and it was the color of the bloodiest red mixed with the blackest of ebony.

"Never… say that… ABOUT MY GRANDPA!!!", he screamed out loud. With a sudden burst of dark, evil energy, Yugi transformed! In a few minutes, the brilliant flash of black light ebbed away and disappeared. Everyone gasped as they saw the new being standing before them all.

"I am… Demon Yugi.", the transformed Yugi spoke in a booming, chilling voice.

(Author's Notes: So, here it is. Demon Yugi has now made his entrance, and let me tell you something! Put all of the most evil and powerful villains you know together… and Demon Yugi makes them seem like schoolboys on a Sunday afternoon! He's that powerful!

Yugi: But, what about me?

Darien: Well, you now have three fronts to deal with:

1.) The tournament itself.

2.) Trying to suppress and control your evil side for the time being.

3.) Choosing which girl to be with.

DJ: Folks, Yugi is going to need a lot of help trying to control and suppress his evil side for now! If any of you care to help him out, come on down! He needs all the help he can get!

Yugi: Also, DJ would like to inquire on whom you feel would… be my future wife. ==^_^== He wants to know your choices and why you think she would be a good match for me.

R&R, no flames, and enjoy!)