Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening Emotions ❯ The Last Straw ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5

The last straw

That morning Kat got up and got dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans a short sleeved shirt that read "Keep Staring I might do a trick" on the front. The shirt was loose around her body so she knew that her friends wouldn't notice anything wrong with her. Kat walked into the living room to find a note from Duke telling her that he went to work early and that she should go have fun with her friends and that he would be home in time for dinner like usual. Kat was relieved about that but she was still a little jump from last night and hoped none of her friends would notice. There was a knock at the door and Kat about had a heart attack.

"Who is it?" Kat asked shaking.

"It's me Joey open up." Joey said from the other side of the door.

"Holed on Joey." Kat said as she open the door to let him in.

"Is Duke around?!" Joey almost shouted which caused Kat to jump.

"Kat are you alright?" Joey asked very concerned about her.

"Y-Y-Yeah I'm fine." Kat said visible shaking now.

"No your not Kat your shaking. What happened?" Joey asked concerned about Kat's well being.

"Nothing Joey I'm fine." Kat said walking away from Joey.

Joey grabbed Kat by the shoulder and she screamed in pain and Joey immediately let go and looked at her with very concerned eyes.

"Kat what happen are you alright?" Joey asked wanting to know.

"No… I mean yes… I don't know." Kat said sinking down to her knees and started to cry.

"Please tell me what happen Kat. You can trust me." Joey said putting his hand under her chin.

"Oh Joey I'm scared." Kat cried out.

"Ssshhh… It's all right… No one's going to hurt you." Joey said wrapping his arms around her waist.

"AaaHhh!!" Kat screamed and pulled away from Joey.

Now Joey was really concerned about Kat she was in pain and he could see it in her eyes he had to find out what had happened but didn't have time to ask when Tristan walked in. Kat looked up to see both boys looking at her with so much concern in their eyes.

"What's wrong Kat?" Tristan asked knelling down next to Joey.

"Nothing is wrong I'm fine." Kat said standing up.

"No something is wrong please tell us." Joey and Tristan both pleaded.

"Nothing is wrong!" Kat said starting to cry again.

Joey had been at Kat and Duke's apartment all morning plus Tristan who had just arrived not an hour ago that afternoon. Just then Duke arrived home early with a bag of stuff from his game shop. He was surprised to see Joey and Tristan in his living room next to his girlfriend.

"Hey guys what's up?" Duke asked unsure what the two boys were doing there.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER!!" Tristan yelled at the top of his lungs.

"I don't know what your talking about man." Duke said afraid of Tristan.

"YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" Tristan said pointing to Kat who was on the floor.

"Nothing is wrong I fell out of bed by accident this morning that's all." Kat said lying to the boys.

Duke knew the truth and was very afraid of Joey and Tristan because if they told Kaiba well lets just say Duke would be wishing he were dead by the time Kaiba was done with him.

"Do you want Joey and I to take you to the Doctors?" Tristan asked very concerned.

"No I'm fine I'm just swore that's all really guys I'm ok." Kat said smiling.

"Ok we believe you but if you need anything and Duke's not here you know my number." Joey said with a small smile.

"And you know mine as well." Tristan said also with a small smile.

"Alright I know call us if you need anything, right?" Kat asked walking over to Duke.

"Yeah, well we had better leave you two alone." Tristan and Joey said looking away.

"Bye guys see you probably tomorrow or later on tonight." Duke and Kat said waving goodbye to there friends.

With that said both boys left leaving Kat and Duke alone in the apartment. Kat was very afraid now that Joey and Tristan had left because that left her and Duke alone. Kat knew that as soon as Joey and Tristan were out of hearing range Duke was going to let her have it and hard.

"Did I really hurt you that bad?" Duke asked afraid of the answer.

"Yes." Kat said calmly lifting her shirt to show Duke the huge bruise on her back.

"I'm so sorry baby girl I didn't mean to really." Duke said lightly touching her back.

"Then why did you do it?" Kat asked turning around to face him after she put her shirt back down.

"I don't know but I'm sorry. I promise never to hurt you again," Duke said taking her hand in his.

"I believe you Duke I really do." Kat said kissing him on the lips.

"I'm so sorry." Duke said crying on her shoulder.

Duke and Kat stayed that way for awhile not wanting to let go but deep down Kat knew he would be back to normal which meant she would be against the wall wishing she could leave this place.

*Outside Kat and Duke's apartment

Joey and Tristan were nervous about what was really going on between Kat and Duke in there apartment at night or when no one was around to witness what happened probably each night.

"Hey Joey do you think we should tell Kaiba?" Tristan asked very concerned about Kat.

"I don't know but I do know if Kaiba were to find out Duke would be dead." Joey said rubbing his head.

"Yeah but if we don't Kat could get hurt or worse." Tristan said honestly.

"I don't know man, I really don't know." Joey said complex about the whole thing.

"I wish you did." Tristan said looking up at Kat and Dukes apartment window.

"Let's go to Kaiba's place." Joey said after making up his mind.

"About time." Tristan said.

Both boys got into Tristan's car and headed for Kaiba's place to tell him what they found out then after they were done telling Kaiba they would go home for the night hoping and praying that nothing bad would happen tonight at Kat and Duke's apartment. Even though they both knew as soon as they told Kaiba what they found out he would head over to Kat and Duke's apartment and ring Duke's neck.

*Back at Kat and Duke's apartment at night

Kat was right Duke was back to him self she was already against the wall crying wishing someone would hear her screams of pain but no one ever heard her ever.

"Duke stop!!" Kat screamed in pain as she was shoved against the wall for the forth time that night.

"What are you going to do about it?!" Duke said shoving her hard against the wall.

"I'm sorry Duke." Kat said as she kneed him in the groin.

Duke dropped Kat to the ground and with little effort Kat got away for Duke before he could grab her again. Kat got out of the apartment before anything else could happen she grabbed her coat and her cell phone she would call someone anyone to come rescue her from this awful place she no longer called home.

End chapter 5